TTB project MEMORY OF WATER now in production
In Production August 2020
- À L’OMBRE DES FILLES by Etienne Comar, producer: EAVE graduate and group leader Didar Domehri is shooting. Written by the director, the script centres on Luc, a renowned lyric singer, who agrees to give singing lessons in a women's prison. Reluctant at first, Carole, Jeannine, Noor, Jess, Marzena and Catherine soon get Luc’s full attention as he tries to contain their strong and unpredictable temperaments just as the prison undergoes disturbances. How will he manage to keep them in harmony? Will he be able to make them experience a new kind of freedom through singing? And at what cost? Produced by Didar Domehri for Maneki Films and Étienne Comar for Arches Films, À L’OMBRE DES FILLES is co-produced by Belgian company Versus Productions (Jacques-Henri Bronckart and Gwenaëlle Libert), and counts among its partners the Soficas Manon and SG Image, Canal+, Ciné+, the RTBF, Proximus and Be TV. It also benefits from the support of Wallimage and Inver Tax Shelter. For the record, the project was developed with the support of the CNC’s development grant, of the ANGOA and of Indéfilms Initiative.
- MONTE VERITÀ by Stefan Jäger, co-producer: EAVE graduates Gabriele Kranzelbinder, Babara Pichler is shooting. MONTE VERITÀ is a story of emancipation set in 1906, at the titular artists’ health spa in Ascona, Ticino, which channeled much of the groundswell of forces challenging the then Belle Époque bourgeois conservatism: Sigmund Freud’s psychoanalysis, the fight for women’s rights, free dance love and even vegan food. The script, penned by Cornelia Naraks, focuses on a young woman called Hanna Leitner, who feels suffocated by the rigid routine imposed by her husband Anton and their two daughters. She then begins to suffer chronic asthma attacks and rejects Anton’s sexual advances, which causes him to dispatch her to a neurologist, Otto Gross, a disciple of Freud. When Hanna is raped by her husband, she follows Gross in an act of desperation and finally experiences a freedom she has never known. The film is being produced by Zurich-Berlin based outfit Tellfilm and co-produced by Austria’s KGP Filmproduction and Germany’s Cologne Coin Film.
- ENTRE LA VIE ET LA MORT by Giordano, producer: EAVE+ graduate Jean Yves Roubin is shooting. The film follows the journey of Leo Castaneda. Leo is a Spanish man living in Brussels, where he drives the subway trains of line 6. One evening, he locks eyes with a young man standing on the platform. His eyes are feverish with despair, his face familiar… Leo recognises his son Hugo, just as the latter tragically disappears under the rails. Leo, who hadn’t seen his son for more than two years, will discover that Hugo was involved in a bloody robbery. He will have to face violent criminals in order to try and understand the reasons behind his son’s death. The film is produced by Frakas Production and co-produced by Noodle Productions (France), Fasten Films (Spain) and Eyeworks (Belgium). Filming will take place mostly in Brussels, this summer.
- NON MI UCCIDERE by Andrea de Sica, producer: Interchange graduate Marta Donzelli is shooting. Written by Gianni Romoli, the collective GRAMS and De Sica himself, and freely inspired by Chiara Palazzolo’s novel of the same name, Non mi uccidere is an intense love story with touches of horror: Mirta loves Robin like crazy, and he promises to love her forever. One full moon night, their desire for transgressions costs them both their lives. But the girl wakes up and can only hope that Robin will do the same, just as he promised her. But nothing is as it was. Mirta realises that she has been transformed into a creature which, in order to survive, must feed on human flesh. She is scared. Hunted by mysterious men, she fights in her desperate search for Robin. Supported by IDM Südtirol – Alto Adige and MIBACT – Direzione Generale Cinema e Audiovisivo.
- MAN-DOG by Stefan Constantinescu, producer: EAVE graduate and Romanian National Coordinator Ada Solomon, co-producers: EAVE graduates Nina Frese and Peter Possne is shooting. The film is a story about love and exile happening during the COVID-19 pandemic, where the paranoia, the alienation, the absurd humour and the fear of an imminent disaster melt in a film noir structure. MAN-DOG is produced by microFILM (Romania), KLAS Film (Bulgaria), Doppelganger (Sweden) and Pandora Film (Germany), in association with nomada.solo (Romania) and Visual Walkabout (Romania), and in coproduction with HiFilm Productions (Romania), Film i Väst (Sweden), Shoot&Post (Sweden), Auditory (Sweden). The project is supported by the Romanian Film Centre (CNC), MEDIA-Creative Europe, the Swedish Arts Grants Committee, Film- und Medienstiftung NRW, and it is financed by Cinema City Romania, Dr. Oetker, Garanti BBVA, MediaCom. Man-Dog was developed during the First Films First and Les Arcs Coproduction Village programmes.
- LOVABLE by Stanislavs Tokalovs, producers: EAVE graduate and National Coordinator Latvia Aija Berzina and EAVE graduate Evelin Penttilä is shooting. The film’s main character is a young man Matiss, who has difficulties forming relationship based on love and trust. Only when he has to take care of a little girl Paula, he becomes more sensitive and responsive to the surrounding world. The project is supported by the National Film Centre of Latvia. LOVABLE was developed at ACE Producers Workshop and in ScriptEast project development programme, and it was also presented at Baltic Event within the Black Nights Film Festival in Tallinn.
- TTB project MEMORY OF WATER by Saara Saarela, producers: EAVE and TTB graduate Mark Lwoff, EAVE graduate Misha Jaari, co-producer: EAVE graduate Nina Frese is shooting in Estonia. The shooting of the Finnish/Estonian/German/Norwegian co-production was supposed to start in spring 2020 but was postponed due to the Coronavirus pandemic. Finland’s Bufo is producing in coproduction with Estonia’s Allfilm, Germany’s Pandora Film and Norway’s Mer Film.
Page published 31 August 2020. Updated 1 September 2020.
Previous: 31 August 2020
PETIT FLEUR by Santiago Mitre now in post-production
31 August 2020
TTB project MEMORY OF WATER now in production
Next: 31 August 2020
PUENTES project JESUS LOPEZ in development