TIES THAT BIND 2021
ASIA / EUROPE CO-PRODUCTION WORKSHOP
W1: November/December in Singapore (TBC), 2021
W2: May/April in Udine (IT), 2022
Apply now for TIES THAT BIND 2021!
The call for applications for the next edition of TIES THAT BIND Asia - Europe Co-Production Workshop in 2021 is now open until 3 September 2021.
We are very proud to announce the latest success stories of projects developed through TTB and by TTB graduates in Cannes 2021:
- THE WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD by Joachim Trier, co-producers: TTB graduate Mikkel Jersin and EAVE graduate Katrin Pors
- THE STORY OF MY WIFE by Ildikó Enyedi; co-producers: TTB graduate Flaminio Zadra and EAVE graduate Jonas Dornbach
UN CERTAIN REGARD
- TTB project MONEYBOYS by C.B. Yi, developed by Ebba Sinzinger, producer: EAVE graduate Barbara Pichler, co-producers: TTB graduate Guillaume de la Boulaye and TTB expert Patrick Mao Huang. World sales by TTB graduate Bérénice Vincent.
- THE INNOCENTS by Eskil Vogt, producers: TTB & EAVE graduate Mark Lwoff and EAVE graduate Misha Jaari, co-producers: TTB graduate Mikkel Jersin and EAVE graduate Katrin Pors, EAVE graduate Lizette Jonjic
- WOMAN DO CRY by Mina Mileva and Vesela Kazakova, producer: TTB & EAVE graduate Vesela Kazakova, co-producer: TTB Head of Studies Christophe Bruncher
- REHANA MARYAM NOOR by Abdullah Mohammad Saad, producer: TTB graduate Jeremy Chua
SEMAINE DE LA CRITIQUE
- SMALL BODY by Laura Samani, producer: TTB & EAVE graduate Nadia Trevisan, co-producer: EAVE group leader Danijel Hocevar
LA FABRIQUE CINEMAS DU MONDE
- TTB project DANCING THE TIDES by Xeph Suarez, producer: TTB graduate Alemberg Ang
- TTB project MANDAI RIVER by Michael I. Serwandono, producer: TTB, PUENTES, EAVE & EAVE+ graduate Raymond van der Kaaij
What is TTB?
TIES THAT BIND is the leading training programme for European-Asian co-production. The participants will work with top-notch industry professionals from both continents. The sessions will focus on script development, co-production between Asia and Europe, public and private financing in the two regions, pitching, marketing and distribution. They will meet leading Asian and European sales agents, funders and potential co-producers during the Southeast Asian Film Financing (SAFF) Forum in Singapore and the FOCUS ASIA in Udine.
TTB is targeted at European & Asian producers focusing on project development. We will select 5 European and 5 Asian producers. In addition to feature fiction films, we are open to TV series or animation fiction films in development. We encourage you to bring your directors to the workshop.
We also welcome applications of European professionals interested in working with Asia such as sales agents, financiers, distributors, festival programmers, co-production market representatives, or European producers who wish to focus on their career development. We will select 5 career participants to be an active part of the group. In order to benefit from all aspects of the programme, they will be able to partner with project participants and attend the meetings with the experts and decision makers together.
Workshop 1 will take place at the end of November/ beginning of December 2021 in Singapore (TBC) during the Southeast Asian Film Financing (SAFF) Forum & Asia TV Forum & Market.
Workshop 2 will take place at the end of April/ beginning of May 2022 in Udine, Italy, within the framework of the Udine Far East Film Festival & FOCUS ASIA.
“TIES THAT BIND offers a terrific way of learning and seeing things from another perspective in collaboration with skilled and experienced professionals from different territories with a relevant experience in their own industry.”
Geremia Biagiotti, Intramovies (IT), Ties That Bind 2020
“TIES THAT BIND is a great way for Asian and European producers to meet and learn from each other. It's also a huge help in shaping and forming my project to meet the needs of the international market.”
Alemberg Ang, Daluyong Studios (PH), Ties That Bind 2020
EXTENDED DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 3 September 2021
The selection will be made by a selection committee and will be announced by the middle of October 2021.
TIES THAT BIND is organised by the Friuli Venezia Giulia Audiovisual Fund, EAVE, Udine Far East Film Festival and Southeast Asian Audio-Visual Association (SAAVA), and supported by the Creative Europe - MEDIA sub-programme of the European Union and Aurora Media Holdings. TIES THAT BIND is held in conjunction with Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore.
For more information please contact:
EAVE Coordinator - Tanika Sajatovic: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last updated 7 September 2021