TIES THAT BIND 2021:
Who should apply
10 Asian & European producers with projects and 5 other European film professionals or producers without project
TTB is targeted at European & Asian producers focusing on project development. We will select 5 European and 5 Asian producers. In addition to feature fiction films, we are open to TV series or animation fiction films in development. We encourage you to bring your directors to the workshop.
Eligible countries from Asia include Japan, Korea, China incl. Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan, Mongolia, Myanmar, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines and Indonesia.
Eligible countries from Europe include all European Union countries and the countries that are eligible to apply for training under the MEDIA SUB-programme.
We also welcome applications of European professionals interested in working with Asia such as sales agents, financiers, distributors, festival programmers, co-production market representatives, or European producers who wish to focus on their career development. We will select 5 career participants to be an active part of the group. In order to benefit from all aspects of the programme, they will be able to partner with project participants and attend the meetings with the experts and decision makers together.
Project Criteria for Project Participants:
- feature-length fiction film (for theatrical release) with strong potential to find co-producers and/or attract Asian private financiers. We are open to any genre and type of project (from arthouse to commercial projects) and we also accept TV series and animation fiction films.
- preferably a minimum of 20% should be in place
- applicants must be the lead producer of the submitted project
- producer must have completed at least one film released in the last 3 years (theatrically, TV, DVD, VOD)
- 1st draft of the script must be available in English for the first workshop by NOV 1, 2021.
Page last updated 14 June 2021