Calls for application for: LIM; PITCHING DU RÉEL.
LIM 2017 | Call for applications now open
Launch of the new European platform for project development of limited budget feature films
Deadline for applications: 14th December 2016, 12:00 p.m. CET (noon)
What if lowering the cost of films was a trigger for more creativity and a more in-depth filmmaking? And this without putting always the cost-reduction effort on the filmmakers’ and production teams’ shoulders… What if the issue was to write scripts within cost constraints, and make it a highly creative and stimulating game for writers and directors?
Who can apply
- 23 core participants, 16 film projects of limited budget feature films selected each year from all over the world
- Writers and writer-directors, already known either for their short films or first feature films, wanting to work through the prism of limited budget feature film production (between 100.000 and 500.000 euros)
- Open to 1st, 2nd and 3rd feature film projects, as well as to artists coming from theatre, documentary and visual arts.
- Emerging European producers (story editors trainees) wanting to strengthen their ability to follow the script development of feature film projects within a low to micro budget frame.
NB: The working language of all LIM workshops, meetings and events is English; thus, a good knowledge of English is essential in order to participate.
Development work, during a period of 8 months from March to October 2017, supervised by 4 very experienced script-consultants (all of them being writers in activity) as well as low to micro budget specialists (line producers, first AD, etc.)
3 one-week workshops in residency in small villages in three different parts of Europe (dates are subject to change):
> Flanders — 5-12 March 2017
> Transylvania — 5-13 June 2017
> Brittany — 1-8 October 2017
In between each workshop: individual online follow-up with script-consultan. tEvery year, LIM will also provide to participants two events (one in Transilvania International Film Festival at mid-term of the scheme in June, and one on-line in October) enabling them to present their projects to European producers and film-professionals. More than 100 film professionals from all over Europe and beyond will be invited to be part of the live event or follow the on-line presentations and masterclasses.
LIM’s goal is to generate the creation of a European network of professionals working around limited and very limited fiction feature film, thus triggering both coproductions, new funding, distribution and broadcasting opportunities.
PITCHING DU RÉEL 2017
Application is open until December 15, 2016
The Pitching du Réel at the Doc Outlook – International Market (DOCM) / Visions du Réel is one of the most renowned co-production forums for feature-length creative documentaries. It offers the participants the opportunity to discuss the content and form of their project and to find out whether the project stands a chance on the market and what market that would be. It encourages international co-productions and helps to finance outstanding documentary projects addressing an international audience.
We are looking for 15 individual, fresh and unique high-quality documentary projects, that combine artistic ambition with passion for the subject and commitment to the protagonists. We are interested in presenting projects within the great diversity of the cinéma du réel. The project should be intended as a creative feature-length documentary with theatrical potential with a director and producer attached.
The main criteria for selection are the creative and artistic quality of the project as well as the viability and the track record of the directors and/or producers. We are interested in projects by experienced as well as by new directors, who should have at least directed short films. The producer may have successfully worked in her/his national market and now want to work with European and international partners. Experience in international co-production is appreciated but not a pre-condition.
- The project must already be well developped and have (basic) funding in place (viability).
- The project and subject must be adapted for international co-production and financing, have potential in international markets and address an international audience.
- The project should be new and not have already gone around all the potential financial partners and other festivals or markets.
- The director as well as the producer attend the event.
The Pitching du Réel will take place during the Visions du Réel Festival International du cinéma Nyon and the DOCM (21–29 April 2017), from Tuesday 25 April to Thursday 27 April 2017.
For producers with a project: the online registration form must be completed and the visual material uploaded by the 15 December 2016. The selected projects will be notified in February 2017.
Further information: www.visionsdureel.ch/docm/pitching-du-reel
Page published 29 November 2016.
Previous: 14 November 2016
Spotlight on film marketing: the EAVE Marketing Workshop 2016 takes off in Luxembourg!
29 November 2016
Next: 29 November 2016
Spotlight on Film Marketing: The EAVE Marketing Workshop in Luxemboug