EAVE Project VICENTA B Best WIP Latam Project at San Sebastian
Awards September 2021
Venice International Film Festival
Four awards for EAVE graduates at the Venice International Film Festival:
- EL GRAN MOVIMIENTO by Kiro Russo, co-producer: EAVE graduate Dan Wechsler won the Special Orizzonti Jury Prize
- 107 MOTHERS by Peter Kerekes, co-producer: EAVE graduate Jiri Konecny, executive producer: EAVE graduate Katarina Tomkova won the Orizzonti Award for Best Screenplay
- WHITE BUILDING by Kavich Neang, producer: TTB graduate Davy Chou was awarded the Orizzonti Award for Best Actor (Piseth Chhun)
- IMACULAT by George Chiper-Lillemark, Monica Stan, producer: EAVE graduate Marcian Lazar won the Lion of the Future – “Luigi De Laurentiis” Venice Award for a Debut Film and the Giornate degli Autori Director’s Award.
Toronto International Film Festival
Four awards for EAVE graduates at the Toronto International Film Festival:
- ANATOLIAN LEOPARD by Emre Kayis, producer: EAVE graduate Olena Yershova, co-producer: Maria Blicharska was awarded the FIPRESCI Prize
- EAVE project COSTA BRAVA, LEBANON by Mounia Akl, producer: EAVE graduate Myriam Sassine won the NETPAC Award
- THE GRAVEDIGGER’S WIFE by Khadar Ayderus Ahmed, producers: EAVE graduates Misha Jaari, Mark Lwoff, Martin Hampel won the Amplify Voices Award
- TITANE by Julia Ducournau, producer: EAVE+ graduate Jean-Yves Roubin, writing consultant: EAVE expert Jacques Akchoti won the People’s Choice Midnight Madness Award.
San Sebastian Film Festival
- EARWIG by Lucile Hadzihalilovic, producer: EAVE graduate and PUENTES group leader Jean des Forêts, MW graduate Amélie Jacquis, co-producer: EAVE+ graduate Jean-Yves Roubin won the Special Jury Prize
- DAUGHTER OF RAGE by Laura Baumeister, co-producer EAVE graduate Dag Hoel won the Europe-Latin America Co-Production Forum WIP Latam Industry Award
- EAVE Project VICENTA B by Carlos Lechuga, producers: EAVE graduates Dag Hoel, Claudia Calvino won the EGEDA Platino Industry Award for Best WIP Latam Project.
Karlovy Vary International Film Festival
The winners of the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival:
- AS FAR AS I CAN WALK by Stefan Arsenijevic, producers: EAVE graduates Miroslav Mogorovic, Borislav Chouchkov scooped the Grand Prix, Best Actor (Ibrahim Koma), Ecumenical Jury Award, Europa Cinema Label Award
- EVERY SINGLE MINUTE by Erika Hnikova, producer: EAVE graduate Jiri Konecny won the Special Jury Prize
- STAFFROOM by Sonja Tarokiv, producer: EAVE graduate, group leader and National Coordinator Croatia Ankica Juric Tilic received a Special Mention
- B’EST project OTAR’S DEATH by Ioseb “Soso” Bliadze, producer: EAVE graduate Eva Blondiau won the FEDEORA Award.
Polish Film Festival Gdynia
Six awards for EAVE graduates at the Polish Film Festival Gdynia:
- FEARS by Lukas Ronduda, Lukas Gutt, producer: EAVE graduate Kuba Kosma scooped the Golden Lion for Best Film and Best Cinematography
- LEAVE NO TRACES by Jan P. Matuszynski, co-producer: EAVE graduate Mikulas Novotny won the Silver Lion and Best Production Design
- OPERATION HYACINTH by Piotr Domalewski, co-producer: EAVE graduate Joanna Szymanska won Best Screenplay and Best Make-up.
- PRECIOUS IVIE by Sarah Blaßkiewitz, producer: EAVE graduate and German National Coordinator, TTB group leader Jonas Weydemann won Best Film in the “Junges Kino” section at the Filmkunstmesse
- ANOTHER ROUND by Thomas Vinterberg, co-producers: EAVE graduates Lizette Jonjic, Arnold Heslenfeld, Laurette Schillings & Frans van Gestel won Best International Film
- THE ROYAL GAME by Philipp Stölzl, co-producer: EAVE President Danny Krausz won Best National Film
- MISSION ULJA FUNK by Barbara Kronenberg, producers: EAVE graduate Roshanak Behesht Nedjad, EAVE graduate Joanna Szymanska, EAVE graduate and Luxembourgish National Coordinator Bernard Michaux won Best Children’s Film.
Nordisk Panorama Festival
- FLEE by Jonas Poher Rasmussen, producers: EAVE graduates Monica Hellstrøm, Signe Byrge Sørensen won the City of Malmö’s Audience Award at the Nordisk Panorama Festival.
Estonian EFTA Awards
- THE LAST ONES by Veiko Õunpuu, producers: EAVE graduates Katrin Kissa, Mark Lwoff, Misha Jaari won big at the Estonian Film and Television Awards (EFTAs). The film was awarded Best Fiction Film, Best Director, Best Actor and Best Cinematography.
- GOODBYE SOVIET UNION by Lauri Randla, producer: EAVE graduate Misha Jaari has won Best Screenplay.
Finnish Jussi Awards
- TOVE by Zaida Bergroth, producer: EAVE graduate Aleksi Bardy wins at the Jussi Awards. The film won seven Jussi Awards – dubbed the “Finnish Oscars”: Best Film of the Year, Best Director, Best Female Lead for Alma Pöysti and Best Cinematography for Linda Wassberg as well as Best Set Design, Best Costume Design and Best Make-up Design.
- GAMES PEOPLE PLAY by Jenni Toivonemi, producers: EAVE graduate and Finnish National Coordinator Elli Toivoniemi and EAVE graduate Venla Hellstedt scored awards for Best Script and Best Supporting Actor (Samuli Niittymäki).
- ANY DAY NOW by Hamy Ramezan, producer: EAVE graduate Jussi Rantamäki took home Best Leading Actor award for Shahab Hosseini
- MISS TIME by Elina Talvensaari, producer: EAVE graduate Jussi Rantamäki won Best Documentary.
Gémeaux Awards Canada
The Gémeaux Awards honour achievements in Canadian television and digital media that is broadcast in French.
- CALL ME HUMAN by Kim O’Bomsawin, producer: EAVE participant Andrée-Anne Frenette won 4 awards at the Prix Gémeaux Canada: Best Original Music Documentary; Best Sound Documentary; Best Director Documentary; Best Emission or Documentary Series: Biography or Portrait.
Adana Golden Boll Film Festival
- WHEN I’M DONE DYING by Nisan Dag, producers: EAVE graduates Muge Ozen, Dorothe Beinemeier received 6 awards at the Adana Golden Boll Film Festival: Best Director, Best Script, Directors Guild Best Director Award, Best Upcoming Actress, Best Upcoming Actor, Best Supporting Actor.
Manaki Brothers International Film Camera Festival
- COMPARTMENT NO. 6 by Juho Kuosmanen, producers: EAVE graduates Jussi Rantamäki, Natalia Drozd, EAVE graduate and group leader Riina Sildos and PUENTES graduate Jamila Wenskehas won the International Film Camera Festival Manaki Brothers. Cinematographer Jani-Petteri Passi received the Golden Camera 300.
- THE WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD by Joachim Trier, producer: PUENTES graduate Katrin Pors, TTB graduate Mikkel Jersin, EAVE + graduate Mattias Nohrborg, executive producers: EAVE graduate Dyveke Bjørkly Graver, Andrea Berentsen Ottmar won the Silver Camera 300.
- TITANE by Julia Ducournau, producer: EAVE+ graduate Jean-Yves Roubin, writing consultant: EAVE expert Jacques Akchoti won the Bronze Camera.
Batumi International Film Festival
Three Awards at the Batumi International Film Festival Georgia for EAVE graduates:
- B’EST project OTAR’S DEATH by Ioseb “Soso” Bliadze, producer: EAVE graduate Eva Blondiau won Best Actress (Nutasa Kukhianidze) and a Jury Special Mention
- RHINO by Oleh Sentsov, producer: EAVE graduates Violetta Kaminska, Izabela Wojcik, Heino Deckert won Best Actor (Serhii Filimonov).
Cinematik International Film Festival
- QUO VADIS‚ AIDA? by Jasmila Zbanic, producer: EAVE graduate Cristian Nicolescu won the Audience Award at the Cinematik International Film Festival.
Miskolc International Film Festival
- APPLES by Christos Nikou, producer: B’EST graduate Ales Pavlis, co-producer: EAVE graduate Mariusz Wlodarski, associate producer: EAVE graduate Antoine Simkine won the Adolf Zukor Prize – the Grand Prize of the CineFest 2021 and the International Ecumenical Jury Prize
- TAMING THE GARDEN by Salomé Jashi, producer: EAVE graduate Susanne Guggenberger won the CineDocs competition program
- WILD ROOTS by Hajni Kiss, producer: EAVE graduate Balazs Zachar won the People’s Choice Award.
Page published 30 September 2021.
Previous: 30 September 2021
ZERO IMPUNITY nominated for Trophée Francophone
30 September 2021
EAVE Project VICENTA B Best WIP Latam Project at San Sebastian
Next: 30 September 2021
THE VANISHED PRESIDENT by Jean-Marc Peyrefitte in post-production now