EAVE project STAM Best South African Film in Durban
Awards September 2020
Venice International Film Festival
Success for EAVE graduates at the Venice International Film Festival:
- PIECES OF A WOMAN by Kornel Mundruczo, producer: EAVE graduate Viktoria Petranyi won the COPPA VOLPI for Best Actress (Vanessa Kirby) and the ARCA Cinema Giovani Award
- THE MAN WHO SOLD HIS SKIN by Kaouther Ben Hania, producers: EAVE graduates Martin Hampel, Annabella Nezri won the Orizzonti Award for Best Actor (Yahya Mahayni) and the Edipo Re Award
- LE SORELLE MACALUSO by Emma Dante, producer: EAVE graduate Marica Stocchi won the Francesco Pasinetti Award, La Pellicola d'Oro Award and the Lizzani Award
- MISS MARX by Susanna Nicchiarelli, producer: Interchange graduate Marta Donzelli, TTB graduate Valérie Bournonville won the FEDIC Award Premio Soundtrack Stars Award
- QUO VADIS‚ AIDA? by Jasmila Zbanic, producer: EAVE graduate Cristian Nicolescu won the Brian Award, the SIGNIS Award and the Premio UNIMED
- EAVE project 200 METERS by Ameen Nayfeh, producer: EAVE graduate May Odeh won the BNL Gruppo BNP Paribas People's Choice Award
- SAINT-NARCISSE by Bruce LaBruce, producer: EAVE graduate Nicolas Comeau won the Fanheart3 Award
- OASIS by Ivan Ikic, producers: EAVE graduate and Serbian National Coordinator Milan Stojanovic & EAVE graduate Marija Stojanovic, co-producers: EAVE graduates Miha Cernec, Derk-Jan Warrink, Adis Djapo, EAVE graduate and National Coordinator Bosnia and Herzegovina Amra Baksic-Camo won the Europa Cinemas Label Award
Toronto International Film Festival
- LA NUIT DES ROIS by Philippe Lacôte, producer: EAVE+ graduate Yanick Létourneau Amplify Voices Award at the Toronto International Film Festival.
San Sebastian Film Festival
- DRUK (ANOTHER ROUND) by Thomas Vinterberg, co-producers: EAVE graduates Lizette Jonjic, Arnold Heslenfeld, Laurette Schillings & Frans van Gestel won the Silver Shell for Best Actor(s) (Mads Mikkelsen, Thomas Bo Larsen, Magnus Millang and Lars Ranthe) at the San Sebastian Film Festival.
- THE MOLE AGENT by PUENTES graduate Maite Alberdi, co-producers: EAVE graduates Fleur Knopperts, Denis Vaslin, Ingmar Trost won the Audience Award for Best European Film.
- POBRES PIBES by Benjamin Naishtat, producer: EAVE graduate Barbara Sarasola-Day won the best project award of San Sabastian’s Europe-Latin America Co-Production Forum.
Millennium Docs Against Gravity Film Festival
- THE EUPHORIA OF BEING by Reka Szabo, producer: EAVE graduate Sara Laszlo won the Best Debut Award at the Millennium Docs Against Gravity Film Festival.
- COLLECTIVE by Alexander Nanau, producer: EAVE graduate and Luxembourgish National Coordinator Bernard Michaux Best International Film at the Tel Aviv International Documentary Film Festival Docaviv.
Estonian Film and Television Awards
- TRUTH AND JUSTICE by Tanel Toom, co-producer: EAVE graduate Madis Tüür won five top awards at the Estonian Film and Television Awards (EFTA). The film won Best Picture, Best Director, Best Screenplay, Best Actor (Priit Loog) and Best Actress (Ester Kuntu).
- BAD HAIR by Oskar Lehemaa, producer: EAVE graduate Evelin Soosaar-Penttillä was awarded Best Short film.
Romanian Filmmakers Union Gala
- THE WHISTLERS by Corneliu Porumboiu, co-producer: EAVE graduate Jonas Dornbach received the Grand Prix at the UCIN (Romanian Filmmakers Union) Gala and the awards for Best Supporting Actress (Julieta Szönyi), Best Cinematography (Tudor Mircea), and Best Editing (Roxana Szel) as well as the (UCIN) Trophy and the award for Best Film from the Romanian Critics Association
- MARONA’S FANTASTIC TALE, produced and directed by EAVE graduate Anca Damian, co-producer: EAVE graduate Tomas Leyers was awarded the Special Jury Prize and the Award for Original Music
- PARKING by Tudor Giurgiu, producer: EAVE graduate Bogdan Craciun won the Best Director Award.
Pula Film Festival
- TEREZA37 by Danilo Serbedzija, producer: EAVE graduate Irena Markovic scooped six awards at Pula Film Festival: the Golden Arenas for Best Film, Best Director, Best Screenplay, Best Supporting Acrestt, Best Editing and Best Make-Up
- I AM FRANK by Metod Pevec, producer: EAVE graduate Danijel Hocevar won the Golden Arena for Best Director
- FATHER by Srdan Golubovic, producers: EAVE graduates Danijel Hocevar, Adis Djapo, EAVE graduate and National Coordinator Bosnia-Herzegovina Amra Baksic Camo won the Golden Arena for Best Actor
- AGA’S HOUSE by Lendita Zeqiraj, producer: EAVE graduate Bujar Kabashi received the Golden Arena for Best Film
Documentary Association of Europe Award
THE TRANS SYRIAN EXPRESS by Alina Rudnitskaya, producer: EAVE graduate Pertti Veijalainen won the Documentary Association of Europe Award.
Slovak Film and Television Academy
The Slovak Film and Television Academy (SFTA) granted the Slovak national film awards The Sun in a Net 2020 to the following films:
- AMNESTY by Jonáš Karásek, producer: EAVE graduate Jiří Konečný won Best Fiction Film, Best Cinematography, Best Editing, Best Film Sound, Best Art Direction, Best Actress in a Supporting Role, Best Actor in a Supporting Role.
- THE KITE by Martin Smatana, producer: EAVE MW graduate Peter Badac won Best Animation Film.
Durban Film Festival
- TAKE ME SOMEWHERE NICE by Ena Sendijarevic, producer: EAVE graduate and National Coordinator Bosnia-Herzegovina Amra Baksic-Camo wins Best Cinematography.
- EAVE project STAM (THE TREE) by Louw Venter, producer: EAVE graduate Elias Ribeiro wins Best South African Feature Film.
- THIS IS NOT A BURIAL, IT’S A RESURRECTION by Jeremiah Lemonhang Mosese, producers: EAVE graduates Elias Ribeiro, Cait Pansegrouw, Bongiwe Selane wins Artistic Bravery Award. Best Actress and Best Direction.
Page published 30 September 2020.
Previous: 30 September 2020
WILLOW nominated for European Film Awards
30 September 2020
EAVE project STAM Best South African Film in Durban
Next: 30 September 2020
ERNA AT WAR now in post-production