DETECTIVE BRUNO is shooting
In Production May 2021
- CROSSING by Jacqueline van Vugt, producers: EAVE graduates Raymond van der Kaaij, Sinisa Juricic is filming. Principal photography on the debut fiction feature by Dutch writer-director started last week in Pula, Croatia, and will continue on location in Rijeka, Zadar and Zagreb. The multi-character drama consists of three stories that intertwine in real time during a ferry-boat crossing from Morocco to Spain. Desperate in their fear of loss, the protagonists struggle to find a way to reach each other, but their powerlessness leaves room for the inevitable. The co-production between Revolver Amsterdam, Belgium's A Private View and Croatia's Nukleus Film was supported by the Netherlands Film Fund, the Flanders Audiovisual Fund and the Croatian Audiovisual Centre, and has accessed tax-incentive schemes in all three countries.
- DIRTY, DIFFICULT, DANGEROUS by Wissam Charaf, producer: Interchange graduate Charlotte Vincent is shooting. The story revolves around Ahmed, a Syrian refugee who had hoped to find love with Mehdia, an Ethiopian cleaning lady, but it seems impossible in Beirut... Will this pair of sentimental refugees successfully find the path towards freedom, despite the fact that Syrian War survivor Ahmed seems to be consumed by a mysterious illness which is slowly transforming his body into metal? DIRTY, DIFFICULT, DANGEROUS is produced by Charlotte Vincent on behalf of Parisian firm Aurora Films and is co-produced by Lebanon’s Né à Beyrouth Films and by Marco Valerio Fusco on behalf of Italy’s IntraMovies. The feature film enjoys the support of the Italian Ministry for Culture (MiC), the French-Speaking Film Fund - OIF, the Collectivity of Corsica, the Doha Film Institute and the CNC (via its emergency fund for Lebanon). The five-week film shoot will unfold until 2 July between Corsica and Beirut.
- TEN IN A HALF by Danis Tanovic, producer: EAVE graduate and National Coordinator Bosnia and Herzegovina Amra Baksic Camo, executive producer EAVE graduate Adis Djapo started in Sarajevo. The film takes place in a pandemic-stricken Sarajevo and follows two Sarajevan cevap-makers, friends and antipodes who have clashes over quality of cevaps in their shops, actually questioning life decisions and accepting inevitable changes. The film is produced by Obala Art Centar, Sarajevo Film Festival and Turkish State Radio and Television (TRT) as part of joint project of Sarajevo City of Film for Global Screen (SCF GS). Film producers are Mirsad Purivatra, Amra Baksic Camo and Jovan Marjanovic, the executive producer is Adis Djapo. The Sarajevo City of Film for Global Screen (SCF GS) project focuses on directors from Southeast Europe whose films have previously been screened and awarded at Sarajevo Film Festival. Tanovic's film is the third one within that project.
- THE UNCLE by Andrija Mardesic and David Kapac, producer: EAVE graduate and Serbian National Coordinator Milan Stojanovic is shooting. The story seems to be set in Yugoslavia in the late 1980s, when a family welcomes their beloved uncle, who has returned home for the holidays from Germany. All is well until a smartphone starts ringing, a sign that it is not the 80s and not even Christmas. Ivan Kelava and Tomislav Vujic are producing through Eclectica in co-production with Milan Stojanovic through Serbia’s SENSE Production. The project is supported by the Croatian Audiovisual Centre and the Croatian Radiotelevision (HRT). The film will be shot in Zagreb and Zagorje till Mid-June.
- DETECTIVE BRUNO by by Mariusz Palej and Magdalena Niec, producer: EAVE graduate Joanna Szymanska is currently shooting in Warsaw. The script tells the story of eight-year-old Oscar, a big fan of the series DETECTIVE BRUNO. He lives in an orphanage and on his birthday he finds an envelope with a clue leading to the last gift hidden by his parents. He decides to hire the best detective he knows to help him solve the mystery. Joanna Szymanska is producing through Shipsboy and the coproducers are the Mazovia and Warsaw Film Funds, Aeroplan Studios, and Wojciech Stuchlik Film Production. The project was supported by the Polish Film Institute.
Page published 31 May 2021.
Previous: 31 May 2021
A BALLADE is in post-production
31 May 2021
DETECTIVE BRUNO is shooting
Next: 31 May 2021
EAVE project VICENTA B supported by Sørfond