4 awards for EAVE graduates in Sundance
Awards February 2020
American Academy Awards / The Oscars
- JOJO RABBIT by Tika Waititi, producer: EAVE graduate Chelsea Winstanley won an Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay at this years’s American Academy Awards.
The Berlinale Co-Production Market awards:
- THE LAST PARADISE ON EARTH by Sakaris Stora, producer: EAVE graduate Jon Hammer won the VFF Talent Highlight Award
- ELECTRIC CHILD by Simon Jaquemet, producer: EAVE graduate Tolga Dilsiz received a Special Mention
Sundance Film Festival
EAVE graduates won four awards at the Sundance Film Festival:
- YALDA, A NIGHT FOR FORGIVENESS by Massoud Bakhshi, producers: EAVE graduates Jacques Bidou, Marianne Dumoulin, co-producers: EAVE graduate Nicole Gerhards, EAVE+ graduate Alexander Dumreicher-Ivanceanu won the World Cinema Grand Jury Prize: Dramatic
- THIS IS NOT A BURIAL, IT'S A RESURRECTION by Lemohang Jeremiah Mosese, producers: EAVE graduates Cait Pansegrouw, Elias Ribeiro won the World Cinema Dramatic Special Jury Award for Visionary Filmmaking
- EPICENTRO by Hubert Sauper, producer: EAVE graduate Gabriele Kranzelbinder was awarded the World Cinema Grand Jury Prize: Documentary
- ACASA, MY HOME by Radu Ciorniciuc, producer: EAVE graduate Monica Lazurean Gorgan won the World Cinema Documentary Special Jury Award for Cinematography
Spanish Goya Awards
- VIENDRA LE FEU by Oliver Laxe, co-produced by EAVE graduates Donato Rotunno and Elise André has won two awards at the Goyas, the Spanish Academy Awards: Best Female Newcomer (Benedicta Sánchez), and Best Cinematography (Mauro Herce)
British Academy Film Awards
- JOJO RABBIT by Tika Waititi, producer: EAVE graduate Chelsea Winstanley won the Best Adapted Screenplay award at the British Academy Film Awards BAFTA.
- DUELLES by Olivier Masset-Depasse, producer: EAVE graduate Jacques-Henri Bronckart is the great winner of the Magritte Awards, the Belgian Academy Awards, with 9 awards, including Best film and Best director
- LOLA by Laurent Micheli, producers: EAVE graduates Benoit Roland, Sebastien Haguenauer won two awards (Best Production Design, Best Female Newcomer)
- PUENTES project OUR MOTHERS by César Díaz, producer: EAVE graduate Delphine Schmit, Géraldine Sprimont won Best First Film.
- SEULE À MON MARIAGE by Marta Bergman, producer: EAVE graduate Jean-Yves Roubin and EAVE graduate and Romanian National Coordinator Ada Solomon was awarded Best costumes
- MON NOM EST CLITORIS by Daphné Leblond & Lisa Billuart Monet, producer: EAVE graduate Isabelle Truc won a Magritte for Best documentary
- MATRIOCHKAS by Bérangère Mcneese, producer: EAVE graduate Julie Esparbes was awarded Best short film
Festival Premiers Plans d'Angers
Five awards for EAVE graduates at the Festival Premiers Plans d'Angers:
- OVERSEAS by Sung-A Yoon, producer: EAVE graduate Isabelle Truc won Best Director
- EAVE project PSYCHOBITCH by Martin Lund, producer: EAVE graduate Ruben Thorkildsen was awarded the Jeanne Moreau Audience Award
- TWO OF US (DEUX) by Filippo Meneghetti, producer: EAVE graduate Donato Rotunno won the Prix du Public Jean-Claude Brialy and the Prix des Activités Sociales de l’Énergie
- A WHITE, WHITE DAY by Hlynur Palmason, producer: EAVE graduate Anton Mani Svansson, co-producers: EAVE graduate Katrin Pors and PUENTES graduate Nima Yousefi, TTB graduate Mikkel Jersin was awarded Best Actor
Four awards for EAVE graduates at the International Film Festival Rotterdam’s CineMart:
- INFANTA by Natalia Garagiola, producer: PUENTES graduate Benjamin Domenech won the Eurimages Co-production Development Award
- A SHADOW CREEPS IN SILVER TREES by John Trengove, producers: EAVE graduates Cait Pansegrouw, Elias Ribeiro received the Filmmore Post-production Award
- ELECTRIC SLEEP by Zeynep Dadak, producer: EAVE+ graduate and group leader Titus Kreyenberg won the IFFR Pro Young Network Award
- SLEEPWALKERS by Radu Jude, producer: EAVE graduate and Romanian National Coordinator Ada Solomon won the ArteKino International Prize
- IT MUST BE HEAVEN by Elia Suleiman, producers: EAVE graduates Martin Hampel, Laurine Pelassy won Best International Co-Production at the French Lumières Awards.
- ADULTS IN THE ROOM by Costa-Gravras, producer: EAVE graduate Alexandre Gavras won the Best Music Award
Austrian Film Awards
- Four awards for JOY by Sudabeh Mortezai, producer: EAVE graduate Oliver Neumann at the Austrian Film Academy Awards. The film won Best Feature Film, Best Director, Best Script and Best Actress.
- EARTH by Nikolaus Geyrhalter, producer: EAVE graduate and group leader Michael Kitzberger was awarded Best Documentary
- GIPSY QUEEN by Hüseyin Tabak, producer: EAVE president Danny Krausz won Best Actor
Czech Film Critics’ Awards
- OLD-TIMERS by Martin Dusek and Ondrej Provaznik, producer: EAVE graduate Jiri Konecny won the Czech Film Critics’ Awards for Best Film and Best Director.
Page published 29 February 2020.
Previous: 29 February 2020
EAVE project SOLE nominated for David di Donatello
29 February 2020
4 awards for EAVE graduates in Sundance
Next: 29 February 2020
PUENTES project LILY AND THE DRAGONFLIES now in post-production