EAVE Producers Workshop 2020:
Who should apply?
EAVE is aimed at producers working in fiction, documentary and TV series who have established themselves in their own country and now wish to work in the wider European industry.
Fiction, documentary and TV series producers
EAVE is aimed at producers working in fiction, documentary and TV series who have established themselves in their own country and now wish to work in the wider European industry. The Workshop will enable you to:
- Take your knowledge and skills to a high professional level
- Join a dynamic European network
- Co-finance and co-produce in Europe
- Widen your knowledge of European film and television financing
- Develop a project in a comprehensive way working with leading European professionals
We also welcome applications from other industry professionals (e.g. in the areas of legal affairs, finance, sales and distribution, national and regional funds). The workshop enables all participants to take a full part in all the activities and offers industry professionals an insight into the European independent production sector as well as widening their own network.
EAVE is committed to equal opportunity to all and particularly welcomes applications from ethnic minority communities.
Half of the fifty participants are focusing on project development, half on career development. Participants focusing on career development take a full and active role in the whole workshop.
Participants focusing on project development are invited to attend with their writer in the first two weeks. This enables the producer/writer team to gain the maximum benefit from individual and group discussion of the project.
All applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Relevance of profile and track record of the applicant
- Relevance of profile and track record of the applicant’s company
- Co-production and networking potential, benefit for the other participants
- Long term career goals / professional motivation for integration, contribution and collaboration with the film industry
- Personal motivation to participate in the programme and to understand the mechanics of (co-)production more deeply. Extent to which the individual reasons for applying can be met by the programme
- Suitable time schedule of the applicant in terms of other productions or obligations in the workshop year
- Suitable timing in terms of the applicant’s career
- Sufficient knowledge of English
- Willingness to share and contribute to the workshop, engage in the other participants’ projects
If the applicant is applying with a project, the project will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Potential for the international market and co-production
- Artistic quality (professional standards, clarity, originality, technical writing craft etc.)
- Projects in line with EAVE’s core values (tolerance, human rights, diversity etc; not supporting projects of blatantly pornographic nature, projects advocating violence, or projects inciting a violation of human rights)
- Suitable stage of development (early development, not having been over-exposed in terms of participation at co-production markets and other training programmes)
Page last updated 17 June 2020