EAVE project STRAY BODIES receives funding
In development June 2020
Eurimages Fund supports 19 fiction films, 2 animation films and 7 documentary projects. Among them the following films by EAVE graduates:
- A GREYHOUND OF A GIRL by Enzo D'Alo, producers: EAVE graduates Paul Thiltges, Adrien Chef
- ALCARRAS by Carla Simon, producer: EAVE graduate and Spanish National Coordinator Maria Zamora, EAVE graduate Giovanni Pompili
- AS I CLOSE MY EYES by Konstantin Bojanov, producer: EAVE graduate Palmyre Badinier
- BAMAKO TWIST by Robert Guédiguian, producer: EAVE+ graduate Yanick Letourneau
- BOY FROM HEAVEN by Tarik Saleh, producers: EAVE graduates Kristina Aberg, Misha Jaari
- EAVE project STRAY BODIES by Elina Psykou, producers: EAVE graduates Ivan Madeo, Rea Apostolides, EAVE MW graduate Alessandra Principini, EAVE participant Veselka Kiryakova
- EAVE project DRY LAND by Agnieszka Woszczynska, producers: EAVE graduate Agnieszka Wasiak, Giovanni Pompili
- EVERY SINGLE MINUTE by Erika Hnikova, producer: EAVE graduate Jiri Konecny
- HAPPY HOLIDAYS by Scandar Copti, producers: EAVE graduates Dorothe Beinemeier, Tony Copti, Muge Ozen
- HOW I LEARNED TO FLY Radivoje Rasa Andric, producer: EAVE graduates Milan Stojanovic, Maja Popovic, EAVE group leader and Croatian National Coordinator Ankica Juric Tilic
- JOAN VERRA by Laurent Larivière, producer: EAVE graduate Katie Holly
- LUCY GOES GANGSTA by Till Endemann, producer: EAVE graduate Arek Gielnik
- MY FAIRY TROUBLEMAKER by Caroline Origer, producer: EAVE graduate Maite Woköck
- PINK MOON (ex METHUSALEM) by Floor van der Meulen, producers: EAVE graduates Derk-Jan Warrink, Nadia Trevisan, Miha Cernec, Jozko Rutar
- POWER OF LOVE by Jonas Rothlaender, producers: EAVE participant Luis Singer, EAVE graduate Misha Jaari
- SHANGHAI YOUTH by Wang Bing, producers: PUENTES graduate Estela Valdivieso Chen, EAVE graduates Gilles Chanial, Denis Vaslin
- THE CONFERENCE by Ivan Tverdovsky, producer: EAVE graduate Esko Rips
- THE FLATS by Alessandra Celesia, producers: EAVE graduates Jean-Laurent Csinidis, Geneviève De Bauw, Jeremiah Cullinane
- THREE by Juanjo Giménez, producer: EAVE graduate Luisa Romeo
- AND THEN WE DANCED by Levan Akin, producer: EAVE FFF graduate Ketie Daniela
- GOD EXISTS, HER NAME IS PETRUNYA by Teona Strugar Mitevska, producers: EAVE graduate and Macedonian National Coordinator Labina Mitevska, EAVE graduate and group leader Danijel Hocevar, EAVE graduates Sebastien Delloye, Zdenka Gold, co-producer: EAVE graduate Marie Dubas
Finnish Film Foundation
The Finnish Film Foundation has granted production support to 10 feature films, 6 documentaries, 2 short films and 4 series.
- EPILOG: JÖRN DONNER’S LAST INTERVJU by John Webster, producers: EAVE graduates Misha Jaari, Mark Lwoff
- FRANKY FIVE STAR by Birgit Möller, producer: PUENTES graduate Jamila Wenske, co-producer: EAVE graduate Jussi Rantamäki
- LET THE RIVER FLOW by Ole Giæver, co-producers: EAVE graduates Misha Jaari, Mark Lwoff
- MY SAILOR, MY LOVE by Klaus Härö, producer: EAVE graduate Kaarle Aho
- SIBLINGS by Saara Cantell, producer: EAVE graduate Kaarle Aho
- SNOT AND SPLASH by Teemu Nikki, producer: EAVE graduate Ari Matikainen
- THE GOOD DRIVER by Tonislav Hristov, producer: EAVE graduate Kaarle Aho
- THE PURE ONES by Otso Tiainen, producers: EAVE graduates Mark Lwoff, Misha Jaari
- THE WOODCUTTER’S STORY by Mikko Myllylahti, producer: EAVE graduate Jussi Rantamäki
Swedish Film Institute
The Swedish Film Institute (SFI) supports of six projects – three feature-length fiction films and three short-film projects. Among them:
- BETRAYED by Eirik Svensson, co-producer: EAVE graduate Fredrik Wikström
- DEAD WOMAN by Kadri Kõusaar, producer: EAVE graduate Aet Laigu for Estonia’s Meteoriit OÜ, and Charlotte Most and Maria Larsson Guerpillon from Sweden’s Most Film AB.
- RIDERS OF JUSTICE by Thomas Jensen, producer: EAVE graduate Lizette Jonjic
Netherlands Film Fund
The Netherlands Film Fund backs two new projects:
- APOLLO by Aaron Rookus, producers: EAVE graduates Frans van Gestel, Arnold Heslenfeld and Laurette Schillings
- SWEET DREAMS by Ena Sendijarevic, producer: EAVE graduate Leontine Petit is supported by the Dutch Crossover scheme.
Hubert Bals Fund
Projects selected for HBF Script & Development
- THE DAM by Ali Cherri, producer: EAVE graduate Janja Kralj
- THE GOAT SUNDAY by Ng'endo Mukii, producers: EAVE graduates Elias Ribeiro and Cait Pansegrouw
- USUD by Stefan Malesevic, producer: EAVE graduate Vladimir Vasiljevic
Projects selected for NFF+HBF Co-production Scheme
- TTB project ARNOLD IS A MODEL STUDENT by Sorayos Prapapan, producer: TTB graduate Donsaron Kovitvanitcha, co-producer: EAVE graduate Denis Vaslin
- BABY by Marcelo Caetano, co-producer: EAVE graduate Stienette Bosklopper
PINK MOON (ex METHUSALEM) by Floor van der Meulen, producers: EAVE graduates Derk-Jan Warrink, Nadia Trevisan, Miha Cernec, Jozko Rutar is in pre-production. The plot: When 29 years old Iris unexpectedly hears from her father Jan that he has had enough of his life, she is forced to face the absurdity of the situation. As his unsettling deadline approaches, Iris decides to ignore the oiled action plan of her family. She kidnaps Jan to the snow-covered mountains of Slovenia, where she wants to find a way to deal with her father’s last wish. The project received Eurimages support and is also supported by the Slovenian Film Centre. Studio Viba Film is providing additional technical support. The shooting, which was previously scheduled for April 2020, is now planed for the period of October – December 2020.
HOW I LEARNED TO FLY by Radivoje Andric, producers: EAVE graduates Maja Popovic and Milan Stojanovic, EAVE group leader and Croatian National coordinator Ankica Juric Tilic is in pre-production. A seemingly boring vacation with two old ladies turns into a life changing experience for 12 year old Sofia, as she kisses a boy, reunites with estranged family and faces mortality on an idyllic island in the Mediterranean. The producers are Maja Popović and Milan Stojanovic (Serbia’ SENSE Production), the co-producers are Ankica Juric Tilic (Croatia’s Kinorama) and Stefan Kitanov (Bulgaria’s Art Fest). The production has been supported by Film Center Serbia, the Croatian Audiovisual Centre, the Bulgarian National Film Center, Eurimages, MEDIA Creative Europe and the SEE Cinema Network. The shooting will take place on location on the island of Hvar (in Croatia) and in Belgrade.
EAVE project STRAY BODIES (formely EUROPE, OH EUROPE) by Elina Psykou, producers: EAVE graduates Rea Apostolides and Ivan Madeo, EAVE MW graduate Alessandra Principini, and EAVE participant Veselka Kiryakova has been supported by Eurimages and is now fully financed. The documentary is ready to shoot.
AS I CLOSE MY EYES by Konstantin Bojanov, producer: EAVE graduate Palmyre Badinier receives Eurimages support. The story: As a Devadasi, Devika is dedicated to the Godess Yellama and intended for prostitution. On the day of her sister’s departure for Mumbai, she meets Renuka, a free-wheeling sex worker. 18 years later, she hits the road to secretetly find the woman she had once loved more than anyone else. A Shakespearean love story taking place in Southern India. A co-production with Klas (Bulgaria), Urban Factory (France), Free Studio (Switzerland), Radio Television Suisse – RTS with the support of BAK, Eurimages, Cineforom (Switzerland), Centre National du film (Bulgaria) and UDI (France).
Page published 30 June 2020. Updated 8 July 2020.
Previous: 30 June 2020
New film project by Olmo Omerzu now in post-production
30 June 2020
EAVE project STRAY BODIES receives funding
Next: 30 June 2020
EAVE interview & masterclass with producer Ed Guiney