EAVE project GLORY B wins the TFL Production Award and the Green Filming Award
Awards November 2022
This year’s EURIMAGES CO-PRODUCTION AWARD goes to all producers of Ukraine. The European Film Academy emphasizes the quality of Ukrainian productions and especially names films by EAVE graduates as examples, such as:
- REFLECTION by Valentyn Vasyanovych, producer: EAVE graduate Vladimir Yatsenko
- PAMFIR by Dmytro Sukholytkyy-Sobchuk, producers: EAVE MW graduate Aleksandra Kostina, co-producer: PUENTES and EAVE+ graduate Giancarlo Nasi, EAVE graduate Artem Koliubaiev, EAVE MW and FFF graduate Adolf El Assal
- A HOUSE MADE OF SPLINTERS by Simon Lereng Wilmont, producer: EAVE graduate Monica Hellström and
- 107 MOTHERS by Peter Kerekes, co-producer: EAVE graduate Jiri Konecny
The Academy continues: „Exceptionally, this year’s EURIMAGES CO-PRODUCTION AWARD is given to not one, but all producers of Ukraine, as an expression of strong appreciation for the growing quality of Ukrainian production in the past years, and as a sign of ongoing support now that the infrastructure for production support within Ukraine has collapsed. In 2022, Eurimages and the European Film Academy wish to express their full support to Ukrainian film producers and for efforts to give continuity to the film industry in these difficult times. The Award will be accepted by a delegation of Ukrainian producers who are Academy members at the ceremony of the 35th European Film Awards on 10 December in Reykjavík.
EFA Excellence Awards
- BURNING DAYS by Emin Alper, producer: EAVE graduate Stienette Bosklopper has won European Editing (Özcan Vardar & Eytan Ipeker) at the Excellence Awards as part of the European Film Awards.
The Gotham Awards
- MURINA by Antoneta Alamat Kusijanovic, co-producers: EAVE graduates Zdenka Gold, Miha Cernec, EAVE graduate and National Coordinator Slovenia Jozko Rutar wins Breakthrough Performer at the 2022 Gotham Awards.
Film Festival Cottbus
- SAFE PLACE by Juraj Lerotic, producer: EAVE graduate Miljenka Cogelja won the Film Festival Cottbus. The film scooped the Main Award for Best Film.
- MEN OF DEEDS by Paul Negoescu, producer: EAVE graduate Anamaria Antoci won the Award for Outstanding Individual Performance
The MIDPOINT Consulting Award at cocoPITCH of connecting cottbus went to:
- ASPHALT by Minos Nikolakakis, producers: EAVE graduates Vicky Miha, Bostjan Virc and to
- SUPERMARKET by Nermin Hamzagic, producer: EAVE graduate Adis Djapo, EAVE graduate and National Coordinator Bosnia and Herzegovina Amra Baksic-Camo
Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival
- COLD AS MARBLE by Asif Rustamov, producer: EAVE graduate Guillaume de Seille won Best Actor at the Black Nights Film Festival, Tallinn.
- THE LAND WITHIN by Fisnik Maxville, producer: EAVE + graduate Britta Rindelaub won Best First Feature Award.
- PELICAN by Filip Heraković, producer: EAVE graduate Tamara Babun won the Special Jury Prize
- AURORA’S SUNRISE by Inn Sahakyan, producer: EAVE + graduate Kestutis Drazdauskas won Best Baltic Producer for Co-production (Inna Sahakyan)
- UPON ENTRY by Alejandro Rojas, Juan Sebastián Vásquez, producers: EAVE graduates Alba Sotorra, Carles Torras won the FIPRESCI (International Federation of Film Critics) Prize
- HOLY SPIDER by Ali Abbasi, co-producer: PUENTES graduate Fred Burle, executive producer: EAVE graduate Ditte Milsted won the DDA Spotlight Award (Ali Abbasi)
- HOW I LEARNED TO FLY by Radivoje Andric, produced by EAVE graduate Maja Popovic, EAVE graduate and Serbian National Coordinator Milan Stojanovic, co-producers: EAVE graduate and Croatian National Coordinator Ankica Juric Tilic, EAVE graduate Katarina Krnacova won the Just Film ECFA Award.
Baltic Event Co-Production Market
- A FLOWER IS NOT A FLOWER by Cristian Pascariu, producer: EAVE graduate Oskari Huttu won the Cannes Marché du Film Producers Network Award
- BLUE GIRL by Mahmoud Ghaffari, producer: EAVE + graduate Alexander Dumreicher-Ivanceanu won the Cannes Marché du Film Producers Network Award
- CERTAINLY THE END OF SOMETHING by Michał Marczak, producer; EAVE graduate Anna Rozalska won the Screen International Best Pitch Award
Baltic Event Works in Progress
- BLACK VELVET by Liene Linde, producer: EAVE graduate Guntis Trekteris won the Best Baltic Project Award
- THE FISHERMAN’S DAUGHTER by Edgar De Luque Jácome, co-producer: PUENTES graduate Tatiana Leite won the Best International Project Award
Stockholm International Film Festival
Four awards for EAVE graduates at the Stockholm International Film Festival:
- HOLY SPIDER by Ali Abbasi, producers: EAVE graduate Peter Possne, PUENTES graduate Fred Burle won the Bronze Horse for Best Film and Best Actor (Mehdi Bajestani)
- TTB PROJECT AUTOBIOGRAPHY by Makbul Mubarak, producer: EAVE and TTB graduate Yulia Evina Bhara won Best First Feature
- BEAUTIFUL BEINGS by Gudmundur Arnar Gudmundsson, producers: EAVE graduates Anton Mani Svansson, Peter Possne, PUENTES graduate Nima Yousefi was awarded Best Screenplay.
Thessaloniki International Film Festival
8 awards for EAVE graduates at the Thessaloniki International Film Festival:
- I HAVE ELECTRIC DREAMS by Valentina Maurel, producer: EAVE graduate Benoit Roland scooped the Best Feature Film Award the “Theo Angelopoulos” Golden Alexander and the Best Actor Award (Reinaldo Amien Gutiérrez)
- A PIECE OF SKY by Michael Koch, producer: EAVE+ graduate Christof Neracher won the Special Jury Award - Silver Alexander
- PLAN 75 by Hayakawa Chie, producer: TTB and EAVE graduate Eiko Mizuno-Gray, co-producer: TTB and EAVE graduate Alemberg Ang scooped the Special Jury Award for Best Director - Bronze Alexander, the FIPRESCI award for Best Film in the International Competition and the FIPRESCI Human Values Award
- THE DAM by Ali Cherry, producer: EAVE graduate Janja Kralj, co-producer: EAVE graduate Martin Hampel won the Best Artistic Achievement Award
- NARCOSIS by Martijn de Jong, producer: Interchange graduate Trent received a Special Mention
EAVE winners at Thessaloniki’s Agora:
- Andraz Jeric of Slovenian Temporama won the Thessaloniki EAVE Marketing Workshop Scholarship.
- HOLIDAY by Wissam Charaf, producer: Interchange graduate Charlotte Vincent won the CNC Development Award
- FIVE MURDERS WITHOUT A CAUSE by Kostas Gerampinis, producer: EAVE graduate Vasilis Chrysanthopoulos won the Finos Film Award and the ArteKino International Award
- Y by Alexandru Baciu, Maria Popistasu, producer: EAVE graduate Anamaria Antoci received a Special Mention
- ACHINOS by Iris Baglanea, producer: EAVE graduate Ioanna Bolomyti won the Onassis Cinema Award
- THE SUMMER WITH CARMEN by Zacharias Mavroeidis, producer: EAVE graduate Ioanna Bolomyti won the Authorwave Post-production Award
- I'M HERE, I'M FINE by Emine Emel Balci, co-producer: EAVE graduate Jens Meurer received the MuSou Music & Sound Award
- OBSERVING by Janez Burger, producer: EAVE graduate Miha Cernec received the ASTERISK* Award
Lecce European Film Festival
- A ROOM OF MY OWN by Ioseb Bliadze, producer: EAVE graduate Eva Blondiau wins the Golden Olive for Best Film
- THE 9TH STEP by Irma Puzauskaite, producer: B’EST graduate Lukas Trimonis scooped Best Photography (Sebastian Weber), the Cineuropa Prize and the Audience Award
- ZUHAL by Nazli Elif Durlu, producer: EAVE graduate Anna Maria Aslanoglu, co-produced by EAVE graduate Jamila Wenske won Best Screenplay and the FIPRESCI Prize
- A BALLAD by Aida Begic, producer: EAVE graduate Adis Djapo received the SNGCI Prize for Best European Actor (Marija Pikic)
Belfast Film Festival
- RETURN TO SEOUL by Davy Chou, producer: Interchange and B’EST graduate Charlotte Vincent, EAVE+ graduate Jean-Yves Roubin won Best Film at the Belfast Film Festival
- A ROOM OF MY OWN by Ioseb Bliadze, producer: EAVE graduate Eva Blondiau won the Outstanding Craft Contribution Award
Arras Film Festival
- MEN OF DEEDS by Paul Negoescu, producer: EAVE graduate Anamaria Antoci won the main prize, the Golden Atlas - Grand Jury Prize of the Arras Film Festival
- THE HAPPIEST MAN IN THE WORLD by Teona Strugar Mitevska, producers: EAVE graduate and Macedonian National Coordinator Labina Mitevska, EAVE+ graduate Danijel Hocevar, EAVE graduates Benoît Roland, National Coordinator Bosnia Herzegovina Amra Baksic Camo, EAVE graduates Maria Møller Christoffersen, Sébastien Delloye was awarded the main development award of Arras Days
- Y by Alexandru Baciu, Maria Popistasu, producer: EAVE graduate Anamaria Antoci won the second Arras Days development award.
Mezipatra Queer Film Festival
- EISMAYER by David Wagner, producers: EAVE graduates Arash T. Riahi, Sabine Gruber won the Audience Award at the Mezipatra Queer Film Festival in Prague and Brno.
Asia Pacific Screen Awards
- TTB PROJECT AUTOBIOGRAPHY by Makbul Mubarak, producer: EAVE and TTB graduate Yulia Evina Bhara won Best Screenplay (Makbul Mubarak) at the Asia Pacific Screen Awards 2022.
Verzio International Human Rights Documentary Film Festival
- HOLY DILEMMA by Julianna Ugrin, Marton Vizkelety, producer: EAVE graduate Julianna Ugrin won Best Hungarian Documentary award at the Verzio International Human Rights Documentary Film Festival.
- ALMA VIVA by Cristèle Alves Meira, producer: EAVE graduate Sébastien Delloye has won the Student Award for Best First Film at the Montpellier Mediterranean Film Festival.
Ljubljana International Film Festival
- SAFE PLACE by Juraj Lerotic, producer: EAVE graduate Miljenka Cogelja won the Kingfisher Award for Best Film at the Ljubljana IFF
- CLOSE by Lucas Dhont, producer: EAVE graduate Laurette Schillings, EAVE+ graduate Frans van Gestel won the Art Cinema Network of Slovenia Award and the Kinotrip Young Jury Award.
Torino Film Lab Meeting Event
TFL Production Award and Green Filming Award:
- EAVE project GLORY B by Konstantin Antonopoulos, producer: EAVE graduate Fani Skartouli, co-producer: EAVE graduate Nicole Gerhards
- THE BOY AND THE FIGHT OF SPIDERS by Jarell Serencio, co-producer: EAVE graduate Claire Lajourmard
ARRI Award, Sub-ti Award and Green Filming Award:
- AL FONDO A LA DERECHA by Marta Hernaiz Pidal, co-producer: EAVE graduate Marianne Dumoulin
TFL Co-Production Fund 2022:
- VIET AND NAM by Truong Minh Quy, producers: TTB graduate Bradley Liew and TTB group leader Bianca Balbuena, TTB graduate Stefano Renting, EAVE graduate Marie Dubas, EAVE+ graduate Joost de Vries.
Festival des 3 Continents Nantes
- RULE 34 by Julia Murat, producer: PUENTES graduate Tatiana Leite won a Special Mention for Performance
Page published 29 November 2022. Updated 20 December 2022.
Previous: 29 November 2022
Nominations November 2022
EAVE projects LOVE ACCORDING TO DALVA and OTHER PEOPLE nominated for European Discovery – Prix FIPRESCI
29 November 2022
Awards November 2022
EAVE project GLORY B wins the TFL Production Award and the Green Filming Award
Next: 29 November 2022
In Production and in Post-production November 2022
PUENTES project HORIZON is in production