THE PATH wins Best Children’s Film at the German Film Awards
Awards June 2022
LUX Audience Award
- QUO VADIS‚ AIDA? by Jasmila Zbanic, producer: EAVE graduate Cristian Nicolescu won the 2022 LUX Audience Award. The film recounts the story of the 1995 Srebrenica genocide through the eyes of Aida, a teacher turned translator for the UN peacekeeping forces. The award ceremony was held on 9 June, during the Plenary Session of the European Parliament in Strasbourg.
Tribeca Film Festival
EAVE graduates scoop Four awards at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York:
- JANUARY by Viesturs Kairiss, producers: EAVE graduates Inese Boka-Grube, Gints Grube, co-producer: EAVE graduate Malgorzata Staron won Best International Narrative Feature
- WOMAN ON THE ROOF by Anna Jadowska, producer: EAVE graduate Maria Blicharska, co-producer: EAVE graduate Anna-Maria Kantarius won Best Performance in an International Narrative Feature (Dorota Pomykala)
- WE MIGHT AS WELL BE DEAD by Natalia Sinelnikova, producer: EAVE graduate EAVE graduate Julia Wagner won Best Cinematography in an International Narrative Feature
- PINK MOON by Floor van der Meulen, producer: EAVE graduate Derk-Jan Warrink received a Special Jury Mention for Best New Narrative Director
Krakow Film Festival
- THE HAMLET SYNDROME by Elwira Niewiera and Piotr Rosolowski, producers: EAVE graduate Magdalena Kaminska, Agata Szymanska is the winner of the Krakow Film Festival receiving the highest award – the Golden Hobby-Horse for best film. Magdalena Kaminska and Agata Szymanska also won the Polish Producers Alliance – KIPA and FDR Studio Award for best short and documentary film producer in Poland. The documentary also received the Student Award and a special mention in the international documentary competition.
Polish Film Awards
- QUO VADIS‚ AIDA? by Jasmila Zbanic, producer: EAVE graduate Cristian Nicolescu won four awards including Best Film, Best Director, Best Script and Best Editing at the 24th Polish Film Awards - Eagles.
- LEAVE NO TRACES by Jan P. Matuszynski, co-producer: EAVE graduate Mikulas Novotny was awarded Best Supporting Actor (Jacek Braciak)
- DRUK (ANOTHER ROUND) by Thomas Vinterberg, co-producers: EAVE graduates Lizette Jonjic, Arnold Heslenfeld, Laurette Schillings & Frans van Gestel won Best European Film.
Transilvania International Film Festival
FOUR awards for EAVE graduates at the Transilvania International Film Festival:
- BEAUTIFUL BEINGS by Gudmundur Arnar Gudmundsson, EAVE graduate Anton Mani Svansson won Best Director
- GENTLE by Anna Nemes and Laszlo Csuja, co-producer: EAVE graduate Jonas Dornbach received a Special Mention
- MIRACLE by Bogdan George Apetri, producer: EAVE graduate Oana Iancu, co-producer: EAVE graduate and Latvian National Coordinator Aija Berzina won Best Feature in the Romanian Days Competition
- IMMACULATE by Monica Stan, George Chiper-Lillemark, producer: EAVE graduate Marcian Lazar won the FIPRESCI Award.
German Film Awards
7 awards for EAVE gradautes at the German Film Awards:
- RABIYE KURNAZ VS. GEORGE W. BUSH by Andreas Dresen, co-producer: EAVE+ graduate Tom Dercourt won the Silver Lola, Best Leading Actress (Meltem Kaptan) and Best Supporting Actor (Alexander Scheer)
- GREAT FREEDOM by Sebastian Meise, producer: EAVE graduate Oliver Neumann was awarded the Bronze Lola and Best Make-up
- NIEMAND IST BEI DEN KÄLBERN by Sabrina Sarabi, producer: EAVE graduate and German National Coordinator Jonas Weydemann won Best Sound
- THE PATH by Tobias Wiemann, producer: EAVE graduate Daniel Ehrenberg, co-producer: EAVE graduate Leontine Petit won Best Children's Film
Greek Iris Awards
EAVE graduates win 9 awards at the Greek Iris Awards, organised by the Hellenic Film Academy
- MAGNETIC FIELDS by Yorgos Goussis, producers: EAVE graduate Konstantinos Kontovrakis and EAVE+ graduate Giorgos Karnavas wins Best Film, Best First-time Director, Best Screenplay and Best Actress in a Leading Role (Elena Topalidou)
- EAVE and TTB project HOLY EMY by Araceli Lemos, producer: EAVE graduate Konstantinos Vassilaros , co-producer: EAVE graduate Radu Stancu wins Best Director and Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Hasmine Killip)
- MOON, 66 QUESTIONS by Jacqueline Lentzou, producer: EAVE graduate Fenia Cossovitsa was awarded Best Actor in a Leading Role (Lazaros Georgakopoulos) and Best Editing
- FEATHERS by Omar El Zohairy, co-producers: EAVE graduates Derk-Jan Warrink, Verona Meier, EAVE+ graduate Giorgos Karnavas receives Best Minority Co-production
Agora of the Evia Film Project
Two Agora Awards for EAVE graduates handed out in the framework of the first Evia Film Project:
- FALLING INTO SILENCE by György Mor Karpati, producer: EAVE graduate and Hungarian National Coordinator Viktoria Petranyi gets the MIDPOINT Institute Consultation Award
- RESONANCE by Yordan Petkov, producer: EAVE graduate EAVE graduate Vanya Rainova wins the Special Jury Prize for Creative Vision
Nastri d’Argento Award
- A CHIARA by Jonas Carpignano, co-producers; EAVE graduate Katrin Pors, TTB graduate Mikkel Jersin wins the Special Nastri d’Argento Award handed out by the Italian film journalists.
Lithuanian National Silver Crane Film Awards
- PEOPLE WE KNOW ARE CONFUSED by Tomas Smulkis, producer: EAVE graduate Dagne Vildziunaite was awarded Best Composer (Lina Lapelyte) at the Lithuanian National Silver Crane Film Awards.
Zlin Film Festival
- OLGA by Elie Grappe, producer: EAVE+ graduate Tom Dercourt received the Golden Slipper for Best Feature Film in the Youth Category at the Zlin Festival of films for children and youth and the Award of the Youth Jury for Best Feature Film in the Junior and Youth Category: and the Patron of Children Award for Powerful Children´s Story in the Children's, Junior and Youth Category
Hungarian Film Awards
- WILD ROOTS by Hajni Kis, producer: EAVE graduate Viktoria Petranyi won Best Feature Film at the Hungarian Film Awards. The film also won Best First Feature Director and Best Screenplay.
- THE STORY OF MY WIFE by Ildiko Enyedi, producer: EAVE graduate Jonas Dornbach was awarded Best Director, Best Editor, Best Cinematography, Best Costumes and Best Make-Up
Annecy International Animated Film Festival
- NO DOGS OR ITALIANS ALLOWED by Alain Ughetto, producer: EAVE graduate Enrica Capra won the Prix du Jury at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival.
- BLIND WILLOW, SLEEPING WOMAN by Pierre Földes, producer: EAVE+ graduate Tom Dercourt received a Mention du Jury.
- MY LOVE AFFAIR WITH MARRIAGE by Signe Baumane, producer: EAVE FFF graduate Roberts Vinovskis also received a Mention du Jury.
- BEAUTIFUL BEINGS by Gudmundur Arnar Gudmundsson, producer: EAVE graduate Anton Mani Svansson won the Biografilm Europe Beyond Borders | SNCCI Italian Critics’ Prize at the Biografilm Festival Bologna.
- EAVE project THE LOST SON by Darko Stante, producer: EAVE graduates Nina Robnik, Miha Cernec won the Young Producer Award of Yapimlab (project consultancy in Istanbul and network possibilities within the Turkish film industry) at Sofia Meetings.
Philosophical Film Festival
- PUENTES project CLARA SOLA by Nathalie Alvarez Mesén, producer: EAVE graduates Nima Yousefi, co-producer: PUENTES graduate Géraldine Sprimont won the Golden Owl Award for Best Feature Film at the 12th Philosophical Film Festival in Skopje.
TRT 12 Punto
12 Punto, Turkey’s largest script development and co-production platform organised by TRT Cinema, handed out its awards at its closing ceremony.
- EAVE project APATHY by Alexandros Avranas, producer: EAVE graduate Alejandro Arenas, co-producer: EAVE graduate Sezgi Ustun San, EAVE graduate, group leader and Estonian National Coordinator Riina Sildos received the TRT Internationa Co-Production Award of 50.000 EUR.
- ALIS by Clare Weiskopf and EAVE graduate Nicolas van Hemelryck, producer: EAVE graduate Nicolas van Hemelryck wins the Youth Jury Award
- MASTER OF LIGHT by Rosa Ruth Boesten, Producer: EAVE participant Ilja Roomans wins Best First Feature Award
New Directors New Films Festival
- ALIS by Clare Weiskopf and EAVE graduate Nicolas van Hemelryck, producer: EAVE graduate Nicolas van Hemelryck wins Golden Lynx for Best Documentary
- ALIS by Clare Weiskopf and EAVE graduate Nicolas van Hemelryck, producer: EAVE graduate Nicolas van Hemelryck wins Best Iberoamerican Documentary Film
Page published 30 June 2022. Updated 1 July 2022.
Previous: 30 June 2022
In Cinemas June 2022
MEMORIA in cinemas around Europe
30 June 2022
Awards June 2022
THE PATH wins Best Children’s Film at the German Film Awards
Next: 30 June 2022
In Post-production June 2022
LAST SHADOW AT FIRST SIGHT is in post-production