Two workshops in Buenos Aires and Gijon bringing together producers with feature projects from Latin America and Europe to work together with leading experts from both continents.
Workshop 2 in Gijon, Spain: November 23-26, 2010
PUENTES is a programme for European and Latin American producers supported by MEDIA International and featuring two workshops: The first will be in Buenos Aires during BAFICI (Buenos Aires Festival Internacional de Cine Independiente) in March/April and the second during the Festival Internacional de Gijon in November. Puentes brings together five producers with feature fiction projects from Latin America and five from Europe. During the two workshops they will work together with leading experts from both continents on script development, co-production between Latin America and Europe, financing in the two regions, legal aspects of co-production, marketing, pitching and promotion, and will meet with decision makers during both sessions.
The workshop will enable feature film producers from both continents to work together in two four-day workshops and will offer the 10 selected participants:
- top level professional and project development,
- work on the comprehensive development of European and Latin American projects,
- cooperation and co-production on these and future projects,
- the creation of in-depth awareness of the audiovisual market and operating conditions, legal frameworks, financing, sales, distribution and exhibition practices in both continents,
- networking between the participants and their companies to create medium and long term informational co-financing and co-production relationships,
- access to a network of producers, markets, festivals and decision makers in both continents.
Please note that the working language is English only.
For more information, please see: www.puentesworkshop.com
MEDIA International, TyPA, Buenos Aires Lab/Buenos Aires Festival de Cine Independiente, Festival Internacional de Gijon.
Page last updated 12 January 2015