TTB projects MEMORY OF WATER and HOLY EMY receive funding
In development / pre-production June 2019
Norwegian Film Institute’s Sørfond has granted support for six international co-productions, four fiction- and two documentary projects. Among them:
- AS I WANT by Samaher Al Qadi, producer: EAVE graduate Henrik Underbjerg
- A YEAR OF COLD by Min Bahadur Bham, co-producer: EAVE graduate Verona Meier
- VENICE by Rusudan Chkonia, co-producer: EAVE graduate Verona Meier
Finnish Film Foundation
The Finnish Film Foundation has granted production support to 6 feature films, 11 documentaries, 4 short films and 2 TV series.
- GAMES PEOPLE PLAY by Jenni Toivoniemi, producers: EAVE graduates Venla Hellstedt, Elli Toivoniemi
- GRANNY UP YOUR LIFE by Jenni Toivoniemi, Kirsikka Saari, producers: EAVE graduates Elli Toivoniemi, Venla Hellstedt
- HERE BE MONSTERS by Anna Antsalo, producers: EAVE graduates Venla Hellstedt, Elli Toivoniemi
- LADIES OS STEEL by Pamela Tola, producer: EAVE graduate Aleksi Bardy
- LOST CHILDHOOD by David Wachsmann, co-producer: EAVE graduate Venla Hellstedt
- METSÄLÄTTI by Ville Jankeri, producer: EAVE graduate Jukka Helle
- SIHJA by Marja Pyykkö, producers: EAVE graduates Venla Hellstedt, Elli Toivoniemi
- THE OASIS OF NOW by Hamy Ramezan, producer: EAVE graduate Jussi Rantamäki
- TTB project MEMORY OF WATER by Saara Saarela, producers: EAVE and TTB graduate Mark Lwoff, EAVE graduate Misha Jaari
Estonian Film Institute
The Estonian Film Institute gives production and development grants to ten films. Among them:
- APOTHECARY MELCHIOR by Elmo Nüganen, producer: EAVE + graduate Kristian Taska
- ERIC STONEHEART by Ilmar Raag, producer: EAVE graduate, group leader and Estonian National Coordinator Riina Sildos
- DEADLINE by Age Viks, producer: EAVE graduate Aet Laigu
- O2 by Margus Paju, producer: EAVE graduate Esko Rips
The Screen Flanders regional economic fund invests in seven new audiovisual productions. Two films by EAVE graduates receive support:
- HELP, I SHRUNK MY FRIENDS co-produced by EAVE graduate Peter De Maegd
- NR 10 by Alex van Warmerdam, co-producer: EAVE graduate Heino Deckert
Nordisk Film & TV Fond
The Nordisk Film & TV Fond supports fiction feature films, TV series and feature-length documentaries in its latest round of financial support. Among them:
- BIRDS OF A FEATHER by Hanna Bergholm, producer: EAVE graduate Mika Ritalahti, co-producer: PUENTES graduate Nima Yousefi
- JOURNEY TO UTOPIA by Erlend Eirik Mo, producer: EAVE Head of Studies Lise Lense-Møller
- TTB project MEMORY OF WATER by Saara Saarela, producer: EAVE and TTB graduate Mark Lwoff, EAVE graduate Misha Jaari
- TOVE by Zaida Bergroth, producer: EAVE graduate Aleksi Bardy
Greek Film Centre
The Greek Film Centre has announced its first round of funding pre-approvals for 2019, which covers 18 projects spanning four different programmes.
Among the upported projects:
- EAVE and TTB project HOLY EMY by Araceli Lemos, producer: EAVE and TTB graduate Konstantinos Vassilaros
- PETER AND THE WOLF by Thanasis Neofotistos, producer: EAVE graduate Ioanna Bolomyti
THE GREAT TRAM ROBBERY by Slobodan Sijan, producer: EAVE graduate Marko Paljic, co-producers: EAVE graduates Borislav Chouckov, Artemio Benki, Rut Oplatkova, Sinisa Juricic, Bostjan Virc is in pre-production. The film tells the story about Belgrade’s golden age of in the roaring 1920s, and is set against a backdrop of court intrigue and communist plotting in the then Kingdom of Yugoslavia. The main character is a historical figure, the poet, film critic and director Bosko Tokin, who gathers together a group of idealistic young artists in an attempt to make the first avant-garde film in the Balkans. The film was made but later mysteriously disappeared, and the story continues in 1946 when Tokin is imprisoned by the new communist regime as a collaborator for writing film reviews during the German occupation, and his film is, strangely, the focus of his interrogators' questions. The Support comes from the Bulgarian National Film Center’s Minority CoProduction Fund, Film Center Serbia, Czech Film Fund, Slovenian Film Center, HAVC-Croatian Audio Visual Center, Film Center Montenegro, and MEDIA - Creative Europe. The project received Jury Special Mention Awards at Cinelink, Sarajevo and Fest Forward, Belgrade.
THE ETERNITY PACKAGE by EAVE graduate and Bulgarian National Coordinator Magdelena Ilieva is in pre-production. The film is about a funeral director in a declining Bulgarian town, who lives an undisturbed existence until his father and co-owner of their funeral agency suddenly keels over after a joyous night of drinking and dies. While prepping his father’s body in the funeral home, there is an incessant knocking on the door. Apparently, a woman, ANKA, wants to organize her own funeral in two weeks’ time. After learning that Anka is in absolutely perfect health and seemingly has no reason to die, this is too much for Bobby who badly needs to say fuck you to death. Bobby ruthlessly plots against Anka’s suspected suicide and this paradoxically leads to a bizarre friendship between them. It serves as a great escape for Bobby from the grieving for his father, from his sister who is after him for money for her share of the funeral agency, and from town corruption. Ilieva’s feature film debut is being produced by Martichka Bozhilova of Agitprop. It was granted production funding by the Bulgarian National Television, received a development grant by the Creative Europe MEDIA program and recently won the Best Pitch Postproduction prize at PriFORUM Prishtina International Film Festival. The project was selected to the Berlinale Talent Project Market, the Midpoint Intensive at Karlovy Vary IFF, and the Thessaloniki Crossroads Co-production Forum.
MIA MISSES HER REVENGE by Bogdan Theodor Olteanu, producer: EAVE graduate Anamaria Antoci is in pre-production. The film is described as a failed revenge story. After Mia is slapped by her boyfriend, she moves back home and decides to make a sex video to send to her ex-boyfriend in revenge, but she’s rejected by all three of the men she approaches. Through the course of the film, Mia is trying to re-evaluate what she thinks about various aspects of her life, her past, violence in the society. Finally, she convinces one of the guys to fake a sex tape, but after sending it, she gets back together with her boyfriend. The film will be shot with two cameras, depicting two perspectives. The producers have a first draft completed and have a DoP and cast in place. The filmmakers are now in the process of applying for funding. Production is planned for the summer of 2020, with post-production completed by the end of 2020.
Page published 28 June 2019. Updated 2 July 2019.
Previous: 28 June 2019
EAVE project BULLHORN LULLABY now in production
28 June 2019
TTB projects MEMORY OF WATER and HOLY EMY receive funding
Next: 2 July 2019
RENCONTRES DE COPRODUCTION FRANCOPHONE coming up!