EAVE 2021 selection
We are delighted to close the year announcing the selection for the 2021 EAVE Producers Workshop!
52 producers from 37 countries (see the complete list below) have been selected out of 220 applications from 52 countries.
As EAVE Head of Studies Lise Lense Møller puts it: “We … look for very different profiles… (and) do not choose participants based solely on merits or quality of project. We actively look for diversity - not just in terms of the usual: gender, age, race, nationality etc. - but also in terms of points of view, experience, focus (e.g on format or genre), company set-up etc. It is our opinion, that the more diverse the group we put together is in any given year, the richer the experience for the participants."
To read the full interview about this year’s selection go to: https://eave.org/news/item/exclusive-interview-with-eave-head-of-studies-lise-lense-mller
We are particularly grateful for the generous support of our 2021 scholarship partners:
- The French CNC supports the participation of 3 international producers at the EAVE Producers Workshop, namely Realness alumna Mehret Mandefro (Ethiopia), DFI Producers Lab graduate Alyaa Musa (Sudan) and Ouaga Film Lab alumnus Pedro Soulé (Cape Verde).
- Thanks to German regional fund MDM, Nevena Savić and Biljana Tutorov from Serbia will develop their skills at the EAVE 2021 course.
- The scholarship provided by the Polish Film Institute was granted to Anna Stylińska, selected at the Polish Days in the framework of the New Horizons Film Festival.
- PACT is offering a scholarship to one UK producer (James Heath) in the name and memory of EAVE expert Dorothy Viljoen.
- Our partnerships with Telefilm Canada and SODEC made it possible for three producers from Canada (Andrée-Anne Frenette, Jeanne-Marie Poulain and Amber Ripley) to attend the programme.
- The support of Projeto Paradiso makes it possible for Paulo Serpa from Brazil to participate.
- The Italian regional fund Friuli Venezia Giulia supports two participants selected at When East Meets West: Ion Gnatiuc from Moldova and Jakub Viktorin from Slovakia.
- IDM Südtirol – Alto Adige supports the participation of Roberto Cavallini from the region.
- A brand new partnership with TRT - Turkish Radio and Television Corporation has made it possible for Sezgi Ustun San to participate this year.
In addition to those, a number of scholarships have been allocated by EAVE, in priority to participants from European low production capacity countries.
Some achievements by EAVE producers in 2020:
- 1 Academy Award
- 2 Golden Globes nominations
- 27 films by EAVE producers represent their country in the race for the next Foreign Language Academy Awards, including EAVE projects 200 METERS and STORIES FROM THE CHESTNUT WOODS
- 17 films by EAVE producers were nominated for the European Film Awards
- 9 European Film Awards, including Best European Film and Best European Documentary
- 4 awards at Sundance
- 12 awards at the Berlinale
- 14 awards in Venice
- 2 awards in Locarno, including the Pardo 2020 for the production of the best international project
- 3 Hearts of Sarajevo, including for Best Feature Film, as well as 3 additional awards in Sarajevo
… and many more.
Thanks our partners, decision makers, experts, pedagogical team, and all the members of the EAVE family for their precious support.
We wish you all a peaceful and restorative holiday season and a good start into the New Year!
The EAVE office is closed from December 21, 2020 - January 1, 2021!
Your EAVE team will be back on January 4, 2021.
The selected participants for the EAVE Producers Workshop 2021 are:
Lucas Czjzek, Golden Girls Film
Eva Kuperman, Stenola Productions
Hanne Phlypo, Clin d’oeil films
Paulo Serpa, Meus Russos
Andrée-Anne Frenette, Terre Innue
Amber Ripley, Goodbye Productions
Magdalena Petrović, LEWA productions
Dagmar Sedláčková, MasterFilm
Maria Møller Christoffersen, Beofilm Pictures
Emile Hertling Péronard, Ánorâk Film / Polarama Greenland
Kesmat Elsayed, See Media Production
Mehret Mandefro, A51 Pictures
Marja Pihlaja, Tekele Productions
Alejandro Arenas, Les films du Worso
Julie Viez, Cinenovo
FRANCE / CANADA
Jeanne-Marie Poulain, Art & essai
FRANCE / UK
Fabien Westerhoff, Film Constellation
Jelena Goldbach, ZAK Film Productions
Regina Jorissen, 2Pilots Filmproduction
Tobias N. Siebert, BASIS BERLIN Filmproduktion
Fani Skartouli, Faliro House Productions
Petra Iványi, Filmteam
Daniel Hegarty, Marmalade Films
Roberto Cavallini, Albolina Film
Daniele Mazzocca, Notorious Pictures
Gints Grube, Mistrus Media
Vincent Quénault, Red Lion
Ion Gnatiuc, Niste Filme
Bojana Radulovic, CODE BLUE Production
Germen Boelens, Revolver Films
Ingvild Evjemo, 4 ½
Elisa Fernanda Pirir Ruiz, Mer Film
Maria Gołoś, Rozbrat Films
Anna Stylińska, Harine Films
PORTUGAL / CAPE VERDE
Pedro Soulé, Kriolscope
Katerina Mikhailova, Vega Film
Abdulrahman Khawj, Cinepoetics Pictures
Nevena Savić, Cinnamon films
Biljana Tutorov, Wake Up Films
Jakub Viktorin, nutprodukcia
Nina Robnik, Stara gara
Nomakhosi Dali, Miss K Productions
Mar Medir, Catalan Films & TV
Carles Torras Perez, Zabriskie Films
SPAIN / USA
Roy Wol, Autonomous Pictures
Alyaa Musa, Black Balance Artistic Production
Helene Adler, Gaea Produktion
Basel Mawlawi, Kinana Films
Sezgi Ustun San, Sezzfilm
James Heath, Mallinson Television Productions
Artem Koliubaiev, Mainstream Pictures
The 3 sessions of the EAVE 2021 Producers Workshop will take place in Luxembourg (online module March 5-12, on-site module April 12-19), Orléans, France (TBC) (July, dates TBC) and Catalonia, Spain (TBC) (November, dates TBC).
The EAVE team
Page published 17 December 2020. Updated 18 December 2020.
Previous: 17 December 2020
EXCLUSIVE Interview with EAVE Head of Studies Lise Lense-Møller
17 December 2020
EAVE 2021 selection
Next: 14 January 2021
FIFDH IMPACT DAY WEBINAR: FILMING FOR HUMAN RIGHTS – Call for EAVE graduates