Vjosa Berisha †
EAVE on Demand Macedonia 2014
EAVE PRODUCERS WORKSHOP 2015
Vjosa Berisha is co-owner and chief executive of the film and television production and public relations company established in Kosovo in 2003 as B2 – PR & Media Solutions, with offices in Kosovo and Albania (2005). She is also co-founder of Prishtina International Film Festival which was founded in 2008.
She owns an MA in Media and Communication from University of Westminster, London UK, and a Postgraduate diploma in Contemporary Diplomacy from University of Malta, in Malta.
At the moment she is actively involved in managing works of the two B2 offices, in Kosovo and Albania; and managing PriFest – Prishtina International Film Festival, which happens every year in April. The 8th edition of the festival will be in April 2016. PriFest is the only International feature film festival in Kosovo.
Vjosa Berisha has worked on many Public relations and media projects leading many successful commercial, political communication and public awareness campaigns for various clients including banking, airlines, hydropower and energy, IT, cultural institutions, embassies, Government, media, political parties and other institutions in Kosovo and Albania. One of the notable projects led by her was the management and implementation of the campaigns during the process leading to the Declaration of Independence for Kosovo in 2008 which included a series of awareness raising campaigns (Promotion of Ahtisaari Package proposal for Kosovo, Constitution Campaign, and Declaration of Independence). The campaigns were supported by USAID through their implementing partners, and by Government of Kosovo.
In 2011 she took part in the Hope Fellowship programme for Democracy and Diplomacy, sponsored by USAID which included a very interesting 6 weeks study tour in Washington DC in April-May 2011. During this trip she had a public speaking session on the subject of Public Diplomacy – with the theme “Nation Branding and Image of Kosovo”, in the Center for Strategic and International Studies and in the Public Diplomacy Council in Washington DC.
Vjosa Berisha is also the member of European Film Academy.
During her career as a manager and implementer of various projects, she was also engaged in producing a number of video adverts, documentary films, and other media projects.
Filmography as a producer and executive producer:
1. A series of 10 youth television programs (30 minutes) for young people called “Respect” produced for the Radio Television of Kosova (co-producer and executive producer)
2. A series of 6 documentaries produced for UNICEF Kosovo – 1999-2000 (executive producer)
3. Shitesja e cigareve / Cigarette seller – a short film produced by CMB productions (co-producer) (2000)
4. Production of a local segment of 3 minutes length for a number of Sesame Street series adopted for Kosovo and broadcast on Radio Television of Kosova (producer of 20 pieces 3 minutes long) 2001 – 2004
5. A series of 4 documentaries on Higher Education in United States of America – Produced for United States Embassy in Kosovo (producer, 2004)
6. A television program for Koha Vision (KTV) – youth debate with the Special Representative of Secretary General to UN – Bernard Kouchner (executive producer, 2000)
7. Organising of the International Children’s Day of Broadcasting (ICDB) on behalf of UNICEF in cooperation with Radio Television of Kosova (co-producer of a number of programs including Morning program and news for one day, December 2002, December 2003)
8. Television debate on drafting of Kosovo Constitution for Radio Television of Kosovo (co-producer) February / March 2008
9. A number of advertisements, public service announcements, news reports, political ads and promos over a course of 11 years of managing B2 agency in Kosovo and Albania.
Current slate of projects:
1. “The Flying Circus” – feature film project in co-financing phase (main producer)
2. “The wedding blow” – short feature film in development phase (main producer)