EAVE Workshop for Palestinian producers, writer-directors and writers
RAMALLAH, September 2 – 6, 2013
This is an EAVE Workshop, supported by the British Council and the Palestinian Ministry of Culture, aimed at Palestinian producers, writers and writer/directors.
The Workshop will take place in Ramallah, September 2 – 6, 2013.
EAVE (European Audiovisual Entrepreneurs) is a leading training, development and networking organization for producers, a partner in the Interchange Workshop and has previously been involved in workshops for producers and writers in Palestine. (For further information see www.eave.org).
The main concerns around which the workshop is built are project development (including script and comprehensive production development), co-production strategies, pitching & presentation. The project-based training is designed to match the needs of professionals who want to develop their skills through concrete work on their projects - under the expert guidance of international tutors – and who are ready to share their ideas with colleagues and engage themselves in discussions in order to improve and increase their knowledge.
Who can apply?
* Teams of producer + writer/director applying with a fiction feature film project
* Writer or writer/director applying with a fiction feature film project
* Producer applying without a project
All applicants should have a demonstrable track record of producing, writing or directing nationally, as well as, possibly, internationally. This should ideally include the production, writing or direction of fiction feature films and/or fiction shorts but can also include documentaries, music videos, and advertising.
The project can be at treatment or script stage.
For producers applying without a project this Workshop offers the opportunity to improve your knowledge and some of the necessary skills for beginning to work internationally.
This Workshop is open to Palestinians only.
The working language is English; thus, a good knowledge of English is essential in order to participate.
There is no participation fee. Accomodation in Ramallah and meals will be provided.
Final Deadline for applications: July 15, 2013
The application process:
All applicants applying with a project should send:
- Application Form (see http://www.eave.org for the form)
- full Curriculum Vitae
- synopsis (1 page maximum)
- treatment (10 page maximum)
- letter of motivation for participating in the Workshop (1 page maximum).
- development/production timetable (for producers only)
- outline budget
- financing plan (Euro currency)
- if possible - one previous short film or extract of previous materials to be uploaded to Vimeo.
Applicants applying as a producer without a project should send:
* Application Form
* full Curriculum Vitae
* letter of motivation for participating in the Workshop
Application forms can be downloaded at www.eave.org
Deadline: July 15, 2013
Only entries with complete form and materials, in English and PDF format, will be considered.
Page last updated 12 January 2015