PUENTES 2014 / 2015
Two workshops in Locarno and Montevideo bringing together producers with feature projects from Latin America and Europe to work together with leading experts, potential financiers, distributors and sales agents from both continents.
W1 in Montevideo (UY), November 27-December 1, 2014
W2 in Locarno (CH), August 6-10, 2015
PUENTES in LOCARNO
The sixth edition of PUENTES – EAVE’s Europe/Latin America Co-Production Workshop - comes to its culmination in Locarno. The second PUENTES workshop will take place in Locarno (Switzerland) from August 6 – 10, 2015, in the framework of the Festival del film Locarno.
The PUENTES participants started to develop their projects under the guidance of leading industry experts during the first workshop in Montevideo, Uruguay (Nov 27 – Dec 1, 2014) in partnership with Ventana Sur. During the second workshop the participants will continue to develop and package their projects exploring sources of finance as well as examining marketing and distribution networks across both Europe and Latin America. Furthermore, the participants will meet the decision makers during both sessions.
We are happy to announce the lateset news that PUENTES 2015 project DOLORES by Gonzalo Tobal which is being developed this year has been selected to the prestigious IFP NO BORDERS co-production market in NYC (USA) in the framework of a special partnership between IFP and EAVE.
This year’s edition features a new format welcoming in addition professionals without projects from sales, distribution, festivals and markets in the workshop group, which allows building a professional network across the both continents that is truly unique.
The participants will work on the development and financing of the selected projects under the guidance of top industry professionals from both continents, such as:
- Sarah Calderón, The Film Agency, Spain
- Jean des Forêts, Petit Film, France
- Fernando Epstein, Mutante Cine, Uruguay
- Alan Fountain, EAVE, United Kingdom
- Christoph Friedel, Pandora Film Produktion, Germany
- Cristina Garza, Mundial, Mexico
- Jorge Goldenberg, Script Consultant, Argentina
- Yann Le Quellec, Cinemage, France
- Miguel Machalski, Script Consultant, France
The following participants from Europe and Latin America will meet again in Locarno:
- Isabel Carrasco, La República Invisible, Ecuador - Project: Yellow Sunglasses, director: Iván Mora
- Anaïs Del Pino, France
- Sophie Erbs, Cinéma Defacto, France - Project: Los Perros, director: Marcela Said
- Karen Fraenkel, Mira, Paraguay - Project: The Heiresses, director: Marcelo Martinessi
- Santiago Gallelli, Rei Cine, Argentina - Project: Dolores, director: Gonzalo Tobal
- Lila Graffin, AliaFilms, France
- Kristofer Henell, Zentropa International Sweden, Sweden - Project: The Return, director: Gorki Glaser-Müller
- Marion Klotz, France
- Ivette Liang, Galaxia 311, Colombia - Project: The Dragon Defense, director: Natalia Santa
- Katarzyna Siniarska, New Europe Film Sales, Poland
- Malgorzata Staron, Staron Film, Poland - Project: Leading Actor, director: Paula Markovitch
- Nicolas Van Hemelryck, dokTARANTULA, Belgium/ColombiaProject: To the Amazon, director: Clare Weiskopf
PUENTES is organised by EAVE in partnership with Industry Days and the Open Doors Initiative of the Festival del film Locarno, Mutante Cine and Ventana Sur & with the support of Creative Europe – MEDIA sub-programme of the European Union.
For more information please contact:
EAVE - Tanika Sajatovic, International Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
MUTANTE CINE – Agustina Chiarino, PUENTES Project Manager: email@example.com
Page last updated 31 July 2015