EAVE ON DEMAND session for Ecuadorian Producers
November 5 - 8, Quito, Ecuador
Eurocine Film Festival in partnership with EAVE ON DEMAND and COPAE (Corporation of Audiovisual Producers of Ecuador) are organizing a Development Workshop for experienced producers who are currently working on a fiction project with international co- production potential.
The aim of this workshop is to improve the participants’ production skills and co- production project management, providing them with the necessary tools in order to succeed in the international market.
The workshop features high-level experts and will combine EAVE’s experience in training and creating international network with a tailor-made approach to Ecuadorian producers and each project’s specific needs.
A selection committee will choose a maximum of 8 – 10 participants, who during the 4 days of the workshop will receive a complete guide in the fundamental aspects of developing a film project:
- How to present a project to the international market.
- How to pitch your project.
- How to apply to European film funds.
They will also develop tools of co-production, marketing, script development and skills to work with international partners.
The workshop will be held from November 5 – 8, 2018 in Quito.
Deadline for application is September 28, 2018.
WHO CAN APPLY
Ecuadorian producers who wish to work on an international scale.
- Experienced producers who want to create long lasting relationships with Europe and work on an international scale.
- Interested producers should apply with a fiction project in development stage.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE APPLICATION
- Application form
- Producer’s motivation letter (1 pg.): Explain why you want to be part of the workshop and your expectations.
- CV of producer and director (1 pg.)
- Company profile: Include a list of projects in development stage, pre-production, production, and released projects (specify if it was distributed in cinemas, on tv, dvd, vod, etc.)
- Producer’s note of intention (1 pg.): Explain how and why you want to develop this project. (Funding sources, co- producers partners, sales and distribution partners, etc.)
- Director’s note of intention (1 pg.): Explain the artistic vision, how and why you want to direct this movie. (Tone, visual style, etc.)
- Estimated budget (1 pg.) and financing plan (1 pg.)
- Synopsis (1 pg.)
- Treatment (8-10 pgs.)
- The script must be sent only if the expert requires it, but it has to be available for the workshop on November 5, 2018.
Regulation and more information: http://eurocineecuador.com/taller-de-desarrollo-de-proyectos/
Bachelor’s degree in Communication and Master’s degree in Creative Documentary. At Control Z Films, she produced the feature films “Gigante”, “Hiroshima”, “3”, “Tanta agua”. In 2011, she founded Mutante Cine with Fernando Epstein. They produced and distributed “El 5 de talleres”, “Las olas” and the documentary “Locura al aire”. They co-produced“Historia del miedo”, “Mi amiga del parque”, “Benzinho”y “Las herederas”. The feature films Alelíand Monos are in post-production. All these films have premiered at major festivals such as Cannes, Berlinale, Venice, Toronto and Sundance, and been awarded. They are co-organizers with EAVE of the PUENTES training project, which takes place every year in Montevideo. For 10 years she was in charge of the committee that receives and develops new projects and co-productions at Uruguay’s Channel 10. She has participated nationally and internationally as a teacher, tutor and consultant in training activities such as Biennale College, BrLab and BiobioLab. She has participated as jury member in competitions for project development and finalization, in international festivals and funds such as San Sebastián, BAFICI, Miami, Locarno and Cartagena.
Page last updated 26 November 2019