A workshop platform for European audiovisual professionals to start a long term working relationship with producers from Russia and the other post-Soviet countries
W1 in Saint Petersburg (RU), September 11-15
W2 in Tallinn (EE), November 26-29
B’EST - Producers’ Workshop Baltic Bridge East by West
The Baltic Bridge East by West (B’EST) is an initiative to be held in 2013 by the organizers of the Baltic Event (Estonia) and RFilms, CTB Film Company (Russia) in cooperation with EAVE (European Audiovisual Entrepreneurs), and with the support from MEDIA Mundus.
B’EST consists of two workshops, which will take place on September 11-15 in St. Petersburg within the framework of the St.Petersburg International Film Festival and November 26-29 in Tallinn, within the framework of Baltic Event. The workshop will bring together 10 producers with feature film projects from the European Union (5 participants) and the CIS countries and Georgia (5 participants) and will offer to the selected participants:
- 5-day workshop-training, which includes plenaries on the script development process, financing in the Eastern and Western Europe, legal aspects of co-production, marketing strategies, as well as individual meetings with script, pitching and finance/marketing consultants
- meetings with decision makers and potential co-production partners in St. Petersburg, Russia
- online sessions with the producers and tutors concerning the development of the scripts and the projects during the 2-month gap between the workshops
- 2-day follow-up session regarding the development of the projects and the final preparation for pitching at Baltic Event
- presentation of the projects at Baltic Event and meetings with potential financiers, co-producers, sales agents, and distributors
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: June 15, 2013.
The selection will be made by a selection committee and will be published by the end of July 2013.
Please send all the requested materials to:
For applications from the European Union: Riina Sildos, [email protected]
For applications from the CIS countries and Georgia: Natalia Drozd, [email protected]
Page last updated 12 January 2015