Welcome to the EAVE Producers Workshop’s 2017 edition!
Energized by the success of our producers in Berlin - coming home with 5 Silver Bears, 1 Crystal Bear and 13 other main awards – EAVE is looking forward to launch the 2017 edition of the EAVE Producers Workshop in our home-base Luxembourg, in partnership with the Luxembourg Film Fund.
52 producers from 41 countries have been chosen out of almost 180 applications to develop the 32 selected documentary and feature film projects and work on their entrepreneurial skills throughout the year. (Please see the full list of participants at the end of the press release).
Workshop 1 takes place from March 2–9 at the Légère Premium Hotel Luxembourg.
Part of the special programme for this week:
- The creative triangle producer-writer-director: Piodor Gustafsson of Spark Productions (SE) will address in his plenary session questions related to the producer-director-writer triangle and tools that can be used to ensure that they are all on the same page in regard to the development of their project.
- Become a PMD/marketing expert: Sarah Calderon and Gudrun Burie will run a special ‘marketing incubator programme’ in the groups and over the whole year, offering an intense PMD marketing training in cooperation with the EAVE Marketing Workshop.
- Spot on docs: Danish producer and EAVE group leader Lise Lense-Møller will devote her plenary session to the specific questions and challenges related to the development of documentaries.
- How to develop your idea: Guest expert Paul Tyler (Handling Ideas, DK) will show the participants how to transform an idea into a concept using a simple toolbox that allows filmmakers to develop stories and formats.
- Digital single market: A glimpse into current EU copyright issues will be offered by Bence Kertesz from the European Commmission.
The participants will start their EAVE journey under the guidance of EAVE Head of Studies Jani Thiltges (Samsa Film, LU), the four group leaders Roshanak Behesht Nedjad (In Good Company, DE), Didar Domehri (Maneki Films / Full House, FR) Lise Lense-Møller (Magic Hour Films, DK), and Riina Sildos (Amrion, EE); the script consultants Clare Downs (UK), Jacques Akchoti (FR), Martin Daniel (USA), and documentary expert Sylvia Stevens (Faction Films, UK). They are joined by the EAVE specialized experts - for Pitching: Sibylle Kurz (DE), Finance and Company Planning: Linda Beath (Ideal Filmworks, IT), Marketing: Sarah Calderon (The Film Agency, ES) & Gudrun Burie (The PR Factory, BE) and Legal Issues: Katrine Schlüter Schierbeck (Aumento advokatfirma, DK), who share their expertise in plenary and group work sessions as well as individual meetings.
We will also offer the EAVE producers opportunities to network with Luxembourg professionals and to explore co-production opportunities during a visit to the Filmland Studios and the Luxembourg City Film Festival.
All plenary sessions are open for interested local professionals. For the detailed programme, please contact EAVE Workshop Manager Satu Elo email@example.com.
EAVE expresses special gratitude for the support of Workshop 1 to:
Film Fund Luxembourg; CREATIVE EUROPE Desk Luxembourg - MEDIA sub-programme; Légère Premium Hotel Luxembourg.
EAVE is supported by the Creative Europe - MEDIA sub-programme of the European Union, Film Fund Luxembourg, Mitteldeutsche Medienförderung, Centre National du Cinéma et de l’Image Animée, Fondo Audiovisivo Friuli Venezia Giulia, PACT – the Producers Alliance for Cinema and Television, Cinema do Brasil, the Polish Film Institute, the Kosovo Cinematography Center, Berlinale Co-Production Market and the partners who have hosted the workshops since 1988.
EAVE Producers Workshop 2017 Participants:
Belina Jano, Animated Society
Federico Sande Novo, Le Tiro Cine
Sabine Gruber, FlairFilm
Serge Bierset, Zodiak Belgium
Nicolas George, Les Films du Carré
Paola Gosalvez, Pucara Films
Deborah Osborn, bigBonsai
Maya Vitkova, Viktoria Films
Karen Harnisch, Film Forge Productions Inc.
Barbara Jukopila, U svom filmu
Pavla Janoušková Kubečková, nutprodukce, s. r. o.
Per Damgaard Hansen, Masterplan Pictures ApS
Maria Stevnbak Westergren, Toolbox Film
Wendy Muniz, ViewFinder SRL
Dina Harb, Birthmark Films
Ari Matikainen, Kinocompany Ltd
Carine Chichowsky, Survivance
Guillaume Dreyfus, Année Zéro
Forni Jérémy, Chevaldeuxtrois
Julie-Jeanne Régnault, CNC – French Film Agency
Dorothe Beinemeier, Red Balloon Film GmbH
Undine Filter, DEPARTURES Film
Rea Apostolides, Anemon
Sára László, Campfilm
Paddy Hayes, Magamedia
Tony Copti, Fresco Films Ltd.
Marco Valerio Fusco, Intramovies
Besnik Krapi, Circle Production
Inese Boka-Grube, Mistrus Media
Stéphane Hueber-Blies, a_BAHN
Ognen Antov, Dream factory
Abigail Mallia, Take 2 Entertainment
Ram Krishna Pokharel, Icefall Productions
Monique Busman, De Familie Film & TV
Frank Hoeve, BALDR Film
Fleur Knopperts, Volya Films
Kenneth Gyang, Cinema Kpatakpata
Trine Aadalen Lo, Filmbin
Marta Habior, No Sugar Films
Magdalena Kaminska, Balapolis
Joanna Wendorff-Ostergaard, Anima-pol
Vladislav Ketkovich, Ethnofund
Maja Popovic, SENSE Production
Juraj Krasnohorsky, Artichoke
Bostjan Virc, Studio Virc d.o.o.
Cait Pansegrouw, Urucu Media
Adrià Monés, Filmax
Alba Sotorra Clua, Alba Sotorra S.L.
Henrik JP Åkesson, Trossfilm AB
Julia Tal, 2:1 Film GmbH
Muge Ozen, SOLIS FILM
Rosie Crerar, Barry Crerar
Page published 27 February 2017.