EAVE projects awarded in Venice
Awards September 2019
Venice International Film Festival
- ATLANTIS by Valentyn Vasyanovych, producer: EAVE graduate Vladimir Yatsenko was awarded Best Film in the Orizzonti section and HFPA Award
- EAVE Marketing Workshop project WHITE ON WHITE by Theo Court, producers: PUENTES graduates Giancarlo Nasi and Eva Chillon (Marketing Workshop graduate developing the project: Luis Renart) won the Orizzonti Best Director award and the FIPRESCI Award
- EAVE project SOLE by Carlo Sironi, producers: EAVE graduates Giovanni Pompili and Aga Wasiak won the FEDIC Award (Federazione Italiana dei Cineclub) for Best Film in the parallel sections and the Lanterna Magica Award
- UN FILS by Mehdi M Barsaoui, producer: EAVE participant Myriam Sassine won the INTERFILM Award
- YOU WILL DIE AT TWENTY by Amjad Abu Alala, producers: EAVE graduates Ingrid Lill Högtun, Hossam Elouan won the LION OF THE FUTURE – “Luigi de Laurentiis” Award and Casa Wabi-Mantarraya Award
- 5 IS THE PERFECT NUMBER by Igort, producer: EAVE graduate Peter De Maegd won the VENICE DAYS Best Actress award (Valeria Golino)
- THE PRINCE by Sebastian Muñoz, co-producer: EAVE graduate Federico Sande Novo won the Queer Lion Award
- LES ÉPOUVANTAILS by Nouri Bouzid, producer: EAVE graduate and EAVE+ Head of Studies Jani Thiltges received the Special Prize for Human Rights
- THE PERFECT CANDIDATE directed and produced by Interchange graduate Haifaa Al-Mansour won the UAAR Brian Award (Unione degli Atei e degli Agnostici Razionalisti)
- CORPUS CHRISTI by Jan Komasa, co-producer: EAVE graduate Patrice Nezan won the Europa Cinemas Label Award and the Edipo Re Award by Università degli Studi di Padova
- ALL THIS VICTORY by Ahmad Ghossein, producer: EAVE participant Myriam Sassine won the Audience Award, the Grand Prize Venice International Film Critic’s Week - SIAE and the Mario Serandrei Award
- SCALES by Shahad Ameen, co-producer: EAVE graduate Rula Nasser won the Verona Film Club Award
Toronto International Film Festival
Three awards for EAVE graduates at the Toronto International Film Festival:
- 1982 by Oualid Mouaness, producer: EAVE participant Myriam Sassine won the NETPAC Award
- JOJO RABBIT by Tika Waititi, producer: EAVE graduate Chelsea Winstanley won the Audience Award
- PROXIMA by Alice Winocour, co-producer: EAVE graduate Nina Frese receives a Honorable Mention
San Sebastian Film Festival
- ROMA by Alfonso Cuaron, producer: PUENTES graduate Nicolas Celis Lopez , co-producer: EAVE graduate Sandino Saravia Vinay won the FIPRESCI Grand Prix 2019, chosen by the members of the International Federation of Film Critics.
- I WAS AT HOME, BUT by Angela Schanelec, co-producer: EAVE graduate Natasa Damnjanovic won Zabaltegi-Tabakalera Award
- LA HIJA DE TODAS LAS RABIAS by Laura Baumeister, producer: PUENTES graduate Eva Chillon at the San Sebastian Film Festival won the VIII Europe-Latin America Co-Production Forum Best Project Award, the EFADs-CAACI Europe-Latin America Co-Production Grant and the Artekino International Prize
- PROXIMA by Alice Winocour, co-producer: EAVE graduate Nina Frese won Special Jury Prize
- PUENTES project OUR MOTHERS by Cesar Diaz, producers: PUENTES graduates Géraldine Sprimont, Delphine Schmit won Cooperación Española Award
- THE ENDLESS TRENCH by Aitor Arregi, Jon Garaño, Jose Mari Goenaga, producer: EAVE graduate Olmo Figueredo González-Quevedo won Silver Shell for Best Director, Jury Prize for Best Screenplay and Irizar Basque Film Award
Film Festival Gdynia
Top awards for EAVE graduates at the Polish Film Festival Gdynia:
- MR. JONES by Agnieszka Holland, co-producer: EAVE graduate Angus Lamont has won the Grand Prize, the Golden Lion and the award for Best Production Design.
- CORPUS CHRISTI by Jan Komasa, co-producer: EAVE graduate Patrice Nezan took home Best Director, Best Screenplay (Mateusz Pacewicz), Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Eliza Rycembel) and the Audience Award.
Film Festival Oostende
- GIRL by Lukas Dhont, producers: EAVE graduates Arnold Heslenfeld, Laurette Schillings & Frans van Gestel scooped no less than 8 Ensor awards including Best Film, Best Director, Best Actor (Victor Polster), Best Screenplay and Best Director of Photography at the Belgian Film Awards, at the Film Festival Oostende.
- NIET SCHIETEN by Stijn Coninx, producer: EAVE graduate Peter Bouckaert won the two main audience awards – the Best Box Office Results Award and the Telenet Audience Award
- OUR STRUGGLES by Guillaume Senez producers: EAVE graduate Isabelle Truc was awarded Best Co-production
Festival of Slovenian Film in Portoroz
- Twelve awards for EAVE project STORIES FROM THE CHESTNUT WOODS by Gregor Bozic, producer: EAVE graduate Marina Gumzi at the Festival of Slovenian Film in Portoroz. The film won the main award, the Vesna Award for Best Feature Film, and the Vesna awards for Best Direction, Best script, Best Actor in a Leading Role (Massimo De Francovich), Best Photogaphy (Ferran Paredes Rubio), Best Editing, Best Original Music, Best Production Design, Best Costume Design, Best Make-up, Best Sound, the Audience Award and the IRIDIUM Award.
- OROSLAN by Matjaz Ivanisin, producer: EAVE graduate Miha Cernec won the Vesna Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Milivoj Ros)
- CORPORATION by Matej Nahtigal, co-producer: EAVE graduate Sinisa Juricic won Vesna Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Jana Zupančič)
- GOOD DAY'S WORK by Martin Turk, producer: EAVE graduate and National Coordinator Bosnia and Herzegovina Amra Baksic Camo, EAVE graduate Ida Weiss won the Vesna Award for Special Achievements
- PARADISE by Mitja Licen, Sonja Prosenc, producer: EAVE graduate Rok Secen won the Vesna Award for Best Short Film
- GOD EXISTS, HER NAME IS PETRUNYA by Teona Strugar Mitevska, producers: EAVE graduate and Macedonian National Coordinator Labina Mitevska, EAVE graduate and group leader Danijel Hocevar, EAVE graduates Sebastien Delloye, Zdenka Gold, co-producer: EAVE graduate Marie Dubas won the Vesna Award for Best Minority Co-production.
Angoulême Francophone Film Festival
- THE SWALLOWS OF KABUL by Eléa Gobbé-Mévellec, Zabou Breitman, producer: EAVE graduate Stephan Roelants won the main award, the Valois de Diamant, and the Valois for Best Film Score at the Angoulême Francophone Film Festival.
Seoul International Women's Film Festival
- TAKE ME SOMEWHERE NICE by Ena Sendijarevic, producer: EAVE graduate and National Coordinator Bosnia-Herzegovina Amra Baksic Camo won the Best Film Award at the 21st Seoul International Women's Film Festival.
Batumi International Festival Georgia
- A TALE OF THREE SISTERS by Emin Alper, co-producers: EAVE graduates Enis Köstepen, Stienette Bosklopper, Jonas Dornbach won Best Actress and Best Actor
- SHOOTING THE MAFIA by Kim Longinotto, producer: EAVE graduate Lesley McKimm won Best Doc film
- END OF SEASONS by Elmar Imanov, producer: EAVE graduate Eva Blondiau received the Special Jury Prize
Cinematik International Film Festival
- THE FAVOURITE by Yorgos Lanthimos, producer: EAVE graduate Ed Guiney received the Meeting Point Europe Award in the main competition of the Cinematik International Film Festival.
Timisoara Central European Film Festival
- DONBASS by Sergej Loznitsa, producer: EAVE graduate Heino Deckert was awarded the Grand Prix of the of the Timisoara Central European Film Festival.
Page published 30 September 2019. Updated 27 November 2019.