Shoot the book! Days full programme - last days to apply!
Dear EAVE producers,
You are invited to attend the Shoot the book! Days organized by the Institut français and the SCELF (Civil Society of French Language Publishers), with the support of Commission du Film Ile de France and Centre National du Cinéma et de l’Image animée on Monday May 14th and Tuesday May 15th during the 2018 Cannes Film Festival.
Due to limited access and high demand, all events are on registration only.
Monday, May 14th
Location: Hôtel Windsor – Adosom (16 avenue Windsor, 06400 Cannes)
« Publishers/Producers » day with EAVE: films based on literary works, comics, children books are the backbone of current audiovisual productions.
During the morning producers interested in coproducing optioned or in-development projects can discuss their projects masterclass with will on European coproductions of adaptation.
A masterclass afternoon with focus on one hand on producing adaptation for Europe and on the other how to tackle the Canadian market for co-producing adaptations.
* 10 am to 1 pm: Meet rights directors from French publishing houses in order to talk about co-production projects that are already supported by French producers
Registration before Thursday, April 19th: firstname.lastname@example.org
* 2.30 pm to 6 pm: Masterclass Publishers / Producers
- Masterclass on European coproduction, audiovisual contracts and adaptation with Magalie Armand, Manager for bilateral relations at the CNC – Centre National du Cinéma (to be confirmed), Pierre-Emmanuel Mouthuy, lawyer and legal advisor and Frédérique Massart, head of audiovisual rights at éditions Gallimard: type of contracts? how to manage the chain of rights? what are the legal issues viewed for the producers and from the publishers?
- Coproduction and adaptation in Canada with Michel Plazanet, deputy-director of international relations at the CNC – Centre National du Cinéma (to be confirmed), Nicolas Piccato, audiovisual attaché in Canada, Michel Pradier, head of Telefilm Canada (to be confirmed): who are the players? What are the opportunities? How to coproduce audiovisual content base on book rights?
Registration before Wednesday, April 25th: email@example.com
Tuesday, May 15th
* 10.30 am to 12.30 pm: Ten publishers Shoot the book will pitch brand new content selected by an international jury.
The pitch session is followed by a cocktail.Location : the Salon des Ambassadeurs - Palais des Festivals / 1, boulevard de la croisette, 06400 Cannes
Registration before Tuesday, May 8th: https://www.scelf.fr/evenements/Shoot-the-Book-2018
* 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm: One to one meetings between publishers and producers.
Twenty rights managers representing 35 publishing houses will attend to present rights catalog and new opportunities.
Location: the Centre National du Cinéma Pavilion, Gray d’Albion beach
Registration before Wednesday, April 25th: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/one-to-one-meetings-shoot-the-book-registration-45100662295?utm_term=eventurl_text
Page published 16 April 2018.