PUENTES project USPANTAN supported by Eurimages
In Development /Pre-production March 2018
Eurimages has distributed 5.1 million Euros of co-production support to 17 fiction film projects, 1 documentary and 2 animations. Among them are 7 projects by EAVE graduates:
- BEYOND THE HORIZON by Delphine Lehericey, producer: EAVE graduate Sébastien Delloye
- FISHBONE by Dragomir Sholev, producer: EAVE graduate and Roimanian National Coordinator Ada Solomon
- LOLA AND THE SEA by Laurent Micheli, producers: EAVE graduates Alexandra Boussiou and Benoit Roland
- MARE by Andrea Staka, producer: EAVE graduate Tami Berkovits
- POMPEII by Anna Falguères, John Shank, producer: EAVE graduate Valerie Bournonville
- THE COUNTRY by Grimur Hakonarson, co-producer: EAVE graduate Jamila Wenske
- PUENTES project USPANTAN by César Diaz, producer: PUENTES graduate Géraldine Sprimont
screen.brussels has granted support to four feature films, four documentaries and two TV series in February. Among them the following films by EAVE graduates:
- FIVE IS THE PERFECT NUMBER by Igort, producer: EAVE graduate Peter de Maegd
- LA FRONTIÈRE by Frédéric Fonteyne, producer: EAVE graduate Jaques-Henri Bronckart
- NOS AUBES PERDUES by Eric d’Agostino, producer: EAVE graduate Aurélien Bodinaux
- WHERE IS ANNE FRANK? by Ari Folman, co-producer: EAVE graduate and Head of Studies Jani Thiltges
- GOUHEITSWAANZIN by Erik Verkerk, Joost Van den Bosch, producer: EAVE graduate Peter Bouckaert is supported by Screen Flanders.
The Finnish Film Foundation has granted production support to the following EAVE films:
- EN DEL AV MITT HJÄRTA by Edward af Sillén, producer: EAVE+ graduate Ilkka Matila
- FINGERPORI by Mikko Kouki, producer: EAVE graduate Nina Laurio
- OLEN SUOMALEINEN by Aleksi Mäkelä, producer: EAVE+ graduate Jukka Helle
- RISTO RÄPPÄÄJÄ JA PULLISTELIJA by Markus Lehmusruusu, producer: EAVE + graduate Jukka Helle
- TARHAPÄIVÄ by Marja Pyykkö, producer: EAVE+ graduate Jukka Helle
- SIBERIA by Abel Ferrara, producer: Interchange graduate Marta Donzelli received funding by the German regional fund FFF Bayern. The film tells the story of a man who is searching for inner peace in the tundra, only to find he cannot escape his demons. One-quarter of the shoot will take place in Bavaria. SIBERIA is a co-production between Italy's Vivo Film and Munich-based outfit Maze Pictures.
German-Polish Film Fund
- ADVENTURES OF A MATHEMATICIAN by Thorsten Klein, producer: EAVE graduate Lena Vurma is supported by the German-Polish film funds. The project has already received support from the Tribeca Film Institute and the Alfred P Sloan Foundation, MDM, the Polish Film Institute, Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg and the Federal Film Board (FFA). Producers are Lena Vurma (Dragonfly Films, Germany), Joanna Szymanska (Shipsboy, Poland) and Mary Young Leckie (Solo Productions, Canada). ADVENTURES OF A MATHEMATICIAN tells the heartwarming, true story of Polish immigrant and mathematician Stan Ulam, who moved to the USA in the 1930s. At the same time as having to deal with the difficult losses of family and friends, he was also helping to create both the hydrogen bomb and the first computer.
- SPIRAL by Cecilia Felmeri, co-producer: EAVE graduate Oana Giurgiu is in pre-production with shooting due in May. The story, written by the director herself, is in the vein of a psychological drama, with a triangular plot involving a man and two women on the edge of a lake. It digs into the themes of letting go, the repetitive aspects of relationships and how difficult it is to change. Produced by Andras Muhi and Monika Mecs for Inforg - M&M Film, Gabor Ferenczy for Spiral Film and co-produced by Oana Giurgiu for Romanian outfit Hai-Hui Entertainment receives support from the Hungarian Film Fund, the Romanian National Film Center and Eurimages. The shoot will take place between May 2018 and February 2019 in Sződliget, with György Reder serving as DoP.
- LA FRONTIÈRE by Frédéric Fonteyne, producer: EAVE graduate Jaques-Henri Bronckart is in pre-production. The film tells the story of three women during a scorching hot summer in the north of France and Belgium. Axelle, Conso and Dominic have nothing in common except that they are colleagues and that together, every day, they cross a border. On one side of the border, in Roubaix, they live dignified lives, while on the other side, in Belgium, they prostitute themselves. It's their little secret, their double life. At the end of summer, when a storm finally descends, these three women will enter into solidarity, as one might join the resistance. They will share a new secret that will bind them together forever. The film, which will be shot from 18 April to 25 May between Brussels and Metz, was produced by Versus Production and co-produced by Les Films du Poisson in France and Prime Time in Flanders, with support from the CCA, VAF, MEDIA, and the Grand Est region.
Page published 29 March 2018. Updated 30 March 2018.