PUENTES project OUR MOTHERS tops in Semaine de la Critique
Awards May 2019
Cannes Film Festival
- Grand Prix and Special Mention from the Jury: ATLANTIQUE by Mati Diop, co-producer: EAVE+ graduate Jean-Yves Roubin, sales: MK2
- Special Mention from the Jury and the FIPRESCI Prize: IT MUST BE HEAVEN by Elia Suleiman, producer: EAVE graduate Laurine Pelassy, sales: Wild Bunch
Cannes Short Film Competition
- Palme d’Or and Queer Palm: LA DISTANCE ENTRE LE CIEL ET NOUS by Vasilis Kekatos, producer: EAVE graduate Guillaume Dreyfus and PUENTES graduate Delphine Schmit, sales: Shortcuts
Un Certain Regard
- Jury Prize: VIENDRA LE FEU by Oliver Laxe, co-produced by EAVE graduates Donato Rotunno and Elise André, sales: Pyramide International
Semaine de la Critique
- Louis Roederer Foundation Rising Star Award: A WHITE, WHITE DAY by Hlynur Palmason, producer: EAVE graduate Anton Mani Svansson, co-producers: EAVE graduate Katrin Pors, PUENTES graduate Nima Yousefi, TTB graduate Mikkel Jersin, sales: New Europe
- Camera d`Or, SACD Award and Grand Golden Rail: PUENTES project OUR MOTHERS by Cesar Diaz, producers: PUENTES graduates Géraldine Sprimont, Delphine Schmit, sales: Pyramide
- Gan Foundation Award for Distribution: VIVARIUM by Lorcan Finnegan, producer: EAVE graduate Brendan McCarthy, sales: XYZ Films
- Critics’ Week’s Next Step Award: THE WOODCUTTER STORY by Mikko Myllylahti, producers: EAVE graduate Jussi Rantamäki
- CNC Best Project Award: PUENTES project PERROS by Vinko Tomicic, producer PUENTES graduate Alvaro Manzano
- Special Mention: ALCARRAS by Carla Simon, producer: EAVE graduate and Spanish National Coordinator Maria Zamora
Success for EAVE and PUENTES graduates at the sixth Platino Awards, the Latin American Oscars:
- ROMA by Alfonso Cuarón, producer: PUENTES graduate Nicolas Celis Lopez went home with five trophies: Best Ibero-American Fiction Film, Best Director, Best Screenplay, Best Cinematography and Best Sound.
- PUENTES project THE HEIRESSES by Marcelo Martinessi, producer at development stage: PUENTES graduate Karen Fraenkel, co-producer: PUENTES group leader Fernando Epstein won the Awards for Best Actress (Ana Brun) and Best Debut Film.
- EAVE project BIRDS OF PASSAGE by Ciro Guerra, Cristina Gallego, producer: EAVE graduate Katrin Pors, co-producers: EAVE graduate Dan Wechsler, TTB graduate Mikkel Jersin was awarded Best Art Direction (Angélica Perea).
German Film Awards
- STYX by Wolfgang Fischer, co-producer: EAVE+ graduate Alexander Dumreicher-Ivanceanu scooped four Lolas at the German Film Awards. The film won the Silver Lola for Best Film and the Golden Lolas for Best Lead Actress (Susanne Wolff), Best Cinematography (Benedict Neuenfels) and Best Sound.
- OF FATHERS AND SONS by Talal Derki, producer: PUENTES graduate Tobias N. Siebert won Best Documentary, Best Editing.
- THE BORDER FENCE by Nikolaus Geyrhalter, producer: EAVE graduate Michael Kitzberger won the VIKTOR in the DOK.deutsch competition at the Dokfest München.
- EAVE project ANOTHER REALITY by Nöel Dernesch and Olli Waldhauer, producer: EAVE graduate Tanja Georgieva, co-producer EAVE graduate Dario Schoch wins the BR kinokino Audience Award.
Crossing Europe Film Festival
- THE MAN WHO SURPRISED EVERYONE by Natasha Merkulova, Aleksey Chupov, co-producers: EAVE graduates Katrin Kissa, Guillaume de Seille gained the main Award for Best Fiction Film at the Crossing Europe Film Festival Linz.
- HEIMAT IST EIN RAUM AUS ZEIT by Thomas Heise, producer: EAVE graduate Heino Deckert won the Crossing Europe Social Awareness Award for Best Documentary
- LIGHT AS FEATHERS by Rosanne Pel, producer: EAVE graduate Floor Onrust and
- TRANSNISTRA by Anna Eborn, producer: EAVE graduate David Herdies, EAVE participant Michael Krotkiewski received a Special Mention.
Buenos Aires International Film Festival
- MONOS by Alejandro Landes, producer: PUENTES group leader Fernando Epstein, co-producers: EAVE graduates Agustina Chiarino, Leontine Petit, Katrin Pors, Derk-Jan Warrink won Best Original Music (Mica Levi) in the Official Argentine Competition at the Buenos Aires International Film Festival.
Schwerin International Film Festival
- SYSTEM CRASHER by Nora Fingscheidt, producer: EAVE graduate and German National Coordinator Jonas Weydemann has won the 2019 Filmkunstfest Schwerin. The film won the top award, the Flying Ox for Best Film as well as Best Sound Design, the Sponsorship Award from the DEFA Foundation and the FIPRESCI Award.
OFF CAMERA Krakow
- DIAGNOSIS by Ewa Podgorska, producer: EAVE Marketing Workshop graduate Malgorzata Wabinska was awarded Best Producer Debut at OFF CAMERA Krakow.
Hot Docs Canadian International Film Festival
- SYMPHONY OF THE URSUS FACTORY by Jasmina Wojcik, producer: TTB participant Ioana Tatko won the Best Mid-Length Documentary Award at the Canadian Hot Docs.
D’A Barcelona International Auteur Film Festivall
- A FAMILY SUBMERGED by Maria Alché, producer: PUENTES graduate Barbara Francisco, co-producer: PUENTES graduate Tatiana Leite won the D’A Barcelona International Auteur Film Festival. The film won the main trophy, the Talents Award for Best Film, as well as the Critics’ Award.
- HAMADA by Eloy Dominguez Seren, producer: EAVE graduate David Herdies won the OpenECAM Award.
Filmfestival Max Ophüls Preis
- WHEN PAUL CAME OVER THE SEA by Jakob Preuss, producer: EAVE graduate, German National Coordinator and TTB Group Leader Jonas Weydemann wins CIVIS Media Prize Europe for integration.
- ME LLAMO VIOLETA by David Fernández de Castro, Marc Parramon, producer: EAVE graduate Marieke van den Bersselaar scooped the Audience and the Amnistia Internacional Catalunya Award
- CHRIS THE SWISS by Anja Kofmel, producers: Interchange graduate Samir and EAVE graduates Sinisa Juricic, Heino Deckert received a Special Jury Mention
- PUSH by Fredrik Gertten, producer: EAVE graduate Margarete Jangård received the Reteena Young Juy Award
Page published 24 May 2019. Updated 11 June 2019.