PUENTES Project CLARA SOLA & EAVE project FLATLAND supported by Hubert Bals Fund
In Development / Pre-Production August 2017
The Hubert Bals Fund (HBF) has announced the four projects selected for its 2017 HBF+Europe: Minority Co-production Support scheme.
- PUENTES Project CLARA SOLA by Natalie Alvarez, producer: PUENTES graduate Nima Yousefi, EAVE graduate Katrin Pors, EAVE graduate Peter Krupenin
- EAVE project FLATLAND by Jenna Bass, producers: EAVE graduates David Horler-Blankfield, Alexandra Hoesdorff, Roshanak Behesht Nedjad, EAVE+ graduate Titus Kreyenberg,
- MEMORY HOUSE by João Paulo Miranda Maria, co-producer: EAVE graduate Didar Domehri
- THE REPORTS ON SARAH AND SALEEM by Muayad Alayan, co-producer: EAVE graduate Hanneke Niens
Six films have been selected for Films in Progress 32, the programme of subsidies to Latin American cinema which will run from 25 to 27 September, during the 65th San Sebastián International Film Festival (22-30 September). Two films are produced by EAVE graduates.
- KAIROS by Nicolás Buenaventura, producer: EAVE graduate Jean des Fôrets
- PUENTES project AUGUST by Armando Capó Ramos, producer: PUENTES graduate Marcela Esquivel
- ARDENNES by Catherine Clarinval, producers: EAVE Marketing Workshop graduate Julie Esparbes and PUENTES graduate Anthony Rey is in development. Jill and Lucas are brother and sister. They are thirty years old and live together in a small apartment in Brussels. Their relationship is exclusive; they are inseparable. Lucas is obese. He doesn’t speak, and suffers from a very particular problem. He hasn’t taken off his Mexican wrestler’s costume since childhood. It seems to have grown with him, it’s splitting open all over, the seams are giving under his weight, his skin is necrosed and purplish. Jill wants him to take it off, but Lucas stubbornly and violently refuses. The woman finds herself cornered; if a solution isn’t found, she risks losing her brother forever.
The Greek Film Centre (GFC) has announced its funding pre-approvals for eight Greek film projects that have applied for the Basic Film Production Program and for five film projects that are eligible for the Incentives Program to Attract Foreign Productions to Greece if they have a Greek producer as a minority partner. Among the selected projects are:
- AILOUROEIDES by Memi Koupa, producer: EAVE+ graduate Fenia Cossovitsa
- O ANTHROPOS ME TIS APANTISEIS by Stelios Kammitsis, producer: EAVE graduate Vicky Miha, EAVE+ graduate Fenia Cossovitsa
- O KSENISTIS by Yorgos Zois, producer: EAVE graduate Maria Drandaki
- BARBAROSSA by Sotiris Goritsas, producer: EAVE graduate Vicky Miha
- BRIGHTON 4TH by Levan Koguashvili, co-producer: EAVE graduate Maria Tsigka
- DUCKS (HOPE AND DESPAIR) by Shahar Rozen, co-producer: EAVE graduate Konstantina Stavrianou
- THE FATHER by Kristina Grozeva, Petar Valchanov, co-producer: EAVE graduate Konstantina Stavrianou
- OLD TIMERS by Martin Dusek, producer: EAVE graduate Jiri Konecny is in developemt. The film follows two former political prisoners who set off across the country in a camper van in order to seek out and kill a once-feared communist prosecutor from the 1950s, who was never officially sanctioned for his actions. Martin Dusek and Ondrej Provaznik are co-writing and co-directing. According to the filmmakers, the film will show the contrast between what the characters see as urgent and the contemporary life, which in a certain sense is indifferent to their the traumas and their efforts to relieve them. Instead of action heroes, we have old-timers who are limited in many ways – by age, health, and in the case of the protagonist, by many years of exile. Development is supported by the Czech State Cinematography Fund. Principal photography is planned from April to June 2018.
The Serbian Film Center supports two co-productions by EAVE graduates.
- THE LAST SERBIAN IN CROATIA by Pedrag Licina, producer: EAVE graduate Miroslav Mogorovic
- BEING FRANK by Metod Pevec, producer: EAVE group leadere Danijel Hocevar
Page published 29 August 2017.