News Flash: EAVE producers scoop main awards in Cannes!
We are proud to announce that EAVE graduates have been extremely successful at the 72nd Cannes Film Festival. With the Grand Prix in the Competition, the Palme d’Or in the Short Film Competition, the Jury Prize at Un Certain Regard and the Caméra d’Or at the Semaine de la Critique, the festival main awards went to EAVE and PUENTES producers.
- Grand Prix and Special Mention from the Jury: ATLANTIQUE by Mati Diop, co-producer: EAVE+ graduate Jean-Yves Roubin, sales: MK2
- Special Mention from the Jury and the FIPRESCI Prize: IT MUST BE HEAVEN by Elia Suleiman, producer: EAVE graduate Laurine Pelassy, sales: Wild Bunch
Cannes Short Film Competition
- Palme d’Or and Queer Palm: LA DISTANCE ENTRE LE CIEL ET NOUS by Vasilis Kekatos, producer: EAVE graduate Guillaume Dreyfus and PUENTES graduate Delphine Schmit, sales: Shortcuts
Un Certain Regard
- Jury Prize: VIENDRA LE FEU by Oliver Laxe, co-produced by EAVE graduates Donato Rotunno and Elise André, sales: Pyramide International
Semaine de la Critique
- Louis Roederer Foundation Rising Star Award: A WHITE, WHITE DAY by Hlynur Palmason, producer: EAVE graduate Anton Mani Svansson, co-producers: EAVE graduate Katrin Pors, PUENTES graduate Nima Yousefi, TTB graduate Mikkel Jersin, sales: New Europe
- Camera d`Or, SACD Award and Grand Golden Rail: PUENTES project OUR MOTHERS by Cesar Diaz, producers: PUENTES graduates Géraldine Sprimont, Delphine Schmit, sales: Pyramide
- Gan Foundation Award for Distribution: VIVARIUM by Lorcan Finnegan, producer: EAVE graduate Brendan McCarthy, sales: XYZ Films
- Critics’ Week’s Next Step Award: THE WOODCUTTER STORY by Mikko Myllylahti, producers: EAVE graduate Jussi Rantamäki
- CNC Best Project Award: PUENTES project PERROS by Vinko Tomicic, producer PUENTES graduate Alvaro Manzano
- Special Mention: ALCARRAS by Carla Simon, producer: EAVE graduate and Spanish National Coordinator Maria Zamora
Page published 27 May 2019. Updated 11 June 2019.