MONOS best film at BFI London
Awards October 2019
San Sebastian Film Festival
- PROXIMA by Alice Winocour, co-producer: EAVE graduate Nina Frese won the Special Jury Prize at the San Sebastian International Film Festival in September.
Zurich Film Festival
- SYSTEM CRASHER by Nora Fingscheidt, producer: EAVE graduate and German National Coordinator Jonas Weydemann won Best Film in the Focus: Switzerland, Germany, Austria Competition of the Zurich Film Festival
- COLLECTIVE by Alexander Nanau, producer: EAVE graduate Bernard Micheaux was awarded Best Film in the International Documentary Film Competition
- A WHITE, WHITE DAY by Hlynur Palmason, producer: EAVE graduate Anton Mani Svansson, co-producers: PUENTES graduates Katrin Pors and Nima Yousefi, TTB graduate Mikkel Jersin received a Special Mention in the International Feature Film section
- LE VENT TOURNE by Bettina Oberli, producers: TTB graduate Judith Nora, EAVE graduate Jacques-Henri Bronckart won the Zurich Film Award
- WAREN EINMAL REVOLUZZER by Johanna Moder, producer: EAVE graduate Oliver Neumann received the Film Award of the Churches of Zurich
- PELICAN BLOOD by Katrin Gebbe, producer: EAVE graduate Vera Gräfe-Höft won the Producers Award German Productions at the Filmfest Hamburg
- YOU WILL DIE AT TWENTY by Amjad Abu Alala, producers: EAVE graduates Ingrid Lill Högtun, Hossam Elouan won the Producers Award European Productions
- DAS FREIWILLIGE JAHR by Ulrich Köhler, Henner Winckler, producer: EAVE graduate Sutor Kolonko won the Producers Award German TV Productions
- MOVEMENTS OF A NEARBY MOUNTAIN by Sebastien Brameshuber, producer: EAVE graduate David Herdies and EAVE participant David Bohun won the Political Film of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Award
- OLEG by Juris Kursietis, producers: EAVE graduate and Latvian National Coordinator Aija Berzina, EAVE graduates Isabelle Truc and Guillaume de Seille, B’EST graduates Alise Gelze, Lukas Trimonis was awarded the Grand Prix at CinÉast – Luxembourg’s Central and Eastern European Film Festival.
- CORPUS CHRISTI by Jan Komasa, producer: EAVE graduate Jan Kwiecinski won the Special Jury Award and the Critic’s Prize
Riga International Film Festival
- NOVA LITUANIA by Karolis Kaupinis, producer: EAVE graduate Marija Razgute won the Feature Film Competition at the Riga International Film Festival
Namur Film Festival
- LOLA VERS LA MER by Laurent Micheli, producers: EAVE graduates Benoit Roland, Sebastien Haguenauer won the Prix Cinevox for Best Director at the Namur International French-Language Film Festival
- PUENTES project OUR MOTHERS by César Díaz, producer: EAVE graduate Delphine Schmit, Géraldine Sprimont won the Prix de la Critique
BFI London Film Festival
- MONOS by Alejandro Landes, producer: PUENTES group leader Fernando Epstein won the Best Film Award in the Official Competition at the BFI London Film Festival.
- ATLANTIQUE by Mati Diop, co-producer: EAVE+ graduate Jean-Yves Roubin won the Sutherland Award in the First Feature Competition
- EAVE graduate Gabriele Kranzelbinder received the newly granted APA World Excellence Award for outstanding documentary film producers. The award is handed out through a collaboration between the Ji.hlava IDFF and the Audiovisual Producers’ Association (APA). Krenzelbinder is the first person to receive the award.
Film Festival Utrecht
- DIRTY GOD by Sacha Polak, producer: EAVE graduate Marleen Slot is the winner of the main awards at the Netherlands Film Festival Utrecht: the film won Best Feature Film, Best Director and Best Music
- RAFAËL by Ben Sombogaart, producer: EAVE graduate Reinier Selen, co-producer: EAVE graduate Sinisa Juricic was awarded Best Actress (Melody Klaver)
Athens International Film Festival
- NOVA LITUANIA by Karolis Kaupinis, producer: EAVE graduate Marija Razgute won the Golden Athena Award for Best Film at the Athens International Film Festival.
Warsaw Film Festival
- SHINDISI by Nick Agiashvili, co-producer: EAVE graduate Vladimer Katcharava won the Warsaw Grand Prix and the Best Director Award at the Warsaw Film Festival.
- CAT IN THE WALL by Mina Mileva, TTB graduate Vesela Kazakova, producer: TTB graduate Vesela Kazakova, co-producer: EAVE graduate Christophe Bruncher won the FIPRESCI award.
Roche-sur-Yon Film Festival
- COLLECTIVE by Alexander Nanau, producer: EAVE graduate Bernard Micheaux was awarded the Special Jury Award at the Roche-sur-Yon Film Festival
- HELLHOLE by Bas Devos, producer: EAVE graduate Tomas Leyers won the New Waves Award
- X&Y by Anna Odell, producer: EAVE graduate Frida Bargo ex-aequo won the Prix Nouvelles Vagues
Annecy Cinema Italien Film Festival
- PUENTES project MATERNAL by Maura Delpero, producers: PUENTES graduate Alessandro Amato and Interchange graduate Marta Donzelli won the Audience Award at Annecy Cinema Italien Film Festival.
European Work in Progress Cologne
- MEMORY HOUSE by João Paulo Miranda Maria, producer: EAVE graduate and group leader Didar Domehri won the EWIP ARRI Media Award at the European Work in Progress Cologne
- TAILOR by Sonia Liza Kenterman, producers: EAVE graduates Melanie Andernach, Ioanna Bolomyti, Tanja Georgieva-Waldhauer received the EWIP LAVAlabs Moving Images Award for visual effects.
- SNOT AND SPLASH by Teemu Nikki, producer: EAVE graduate Ari Matikainen won the Eurimages co-production development award at the Cinekid Festival.
- TOTEM by by Sander Burger, producers: EAVE graduates Denis Vaslin and Fleur Knopperts received a Special mention
Varna Golden Rose Film Festival
- THE FATHER by Kistina Grozeva, Petar Valchanov, producer: EAVE graduate Konstantina Stavrianou won the Golden Rose Festival of Bulgarian Film
Page published 30 October 2019. Updated 31 October 2019.