In Development / Pre-production January 2013
EAVE projects in development
The EURIMAGES co-production fund announced the final selections for 2012: 17 features films are funded for a total of €5.87m, among them are the following films by EAVE graduates:
- AND THERE WAS LOVE IN THE GHETTO… by Andrzej Wajda & Jolanta Dylewska, producer: EAVE 2011 graduate Anna Wydra
- CANNIBAL by Manuel Martin Cuenca, co-producers: EAVE 2008 graduate Tudor Giurgiu and EAVE 2011 graduate Oana Giurgiu
- EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE by Wim Wenders, producers: EAVE 2010 graduates Gian-Piero Ringel and EAVE 2011 graduate Erwin Schmidt
- I AM NOT HIM by Tayfun Pirselimoglu, co-producer: EAVE 1998 graduate Guillaume de Seille
- LAZAR by Sveczar Ristovski, co-producer: EAVE 1998 graduate Guillaume de Seille
- THE SIX-FINGERED MAN by Yannis Economides, co-producer: EAVE 2010 graduates Maria Tsigka
- WHITE GOD by Kornél Mundruczo, producer: EAVE 2004 graduate Viktoria Petrany
- TIES THAT BIND 2011 project FLAPPING IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE by Diep Nguyen Hoang, producer: TIES THAT BIND 2011 graduate David Lindner received funding by CNC Aide aux cinemas du monde.
- A MIRACLE by Ben Hopkins, co-producer: EAVE 2002 graduate Helge Albers is in pre-production. The film about a despairing London schoolteacher who sets off to Turkey on an unlikely money making scheme is financed by Screen Yorkshire and British Film Institute (BFI). Shooting on locations in Britain and Turkey is planned for late 2013.
- EAVE 2012 project AMERICAN INTERIOR, produced by EAVE 2012 graduate Catryn Ramasut is funded by the Welsh S4C and Film Agency. Production started in January.
- PUENTES 2012 project MUDO by Daniel Martín Novel, producer: PUENTES 2012 graduate Ana Fernandez Saiz is supported by IBERMEDIA development fund.
- EAVE 2007 graduate & Romanian National Coordinator Ada Solomon is developing a Romanian-Hungarian co-production, ONE STEP BEHIND THE SERAPHIM by Daniel Gabriel Sandu. The project has been selected for the Talent Project Market of the Berlinale Talent Campus. The film is a coming of age story based on true events about a 14 years boy who enters a theological seminary where he faces a system based on corruption. The budget is 800,000 EUR. A 30-day shoot is planned in 2014. The project received a development grant from the Romanian National Centre for Cinema.
Page published 31 January 2013.