Golden Leopard for EAVE project 3/4
Awards August 2017
Eleven awards for EAVE graduates at the Film Festival Locarno:
- 9 FINGERS by Francois-Jacques Ossang, producer: EAVE graduate Sébastien Haguenauer was awarded the Pardo for Best Director.
- GOOD MANNERS by Juliana Rojas and Marco Dutra, producer: EAVE graduate Clement Duboin won the Special Jury Prize.
- WINTER BROTHERS by Hlynur Palmason, producer: EAVE participant: Per Damgaard Hansen, co-producer: EAVE graduate Anton Mani Svansson was awarded the Pardo for Best Actor, the Junior Jury Award, the Europa Cinemas Label award and a Special Mention from the Ecumenical jury.
- EAVE project 3/4 by Ilian Metev, producer: EAVE graduate Ingmar Trost won the Golden Leopard in the Filmmakers of the Present section.
- MILLA by Valérie Massadian, producer: EAVE graduate Sophie Erbs received the Special Jury Award in the Filmmakers of the Present section and the Audentia Award for Best Female Director.
- SCARY MOTHER by Ana Urushadze, producer: EAVE graduate Tinatin Kajrishvili won the Swatch First Feature Award.
- DREI ZINNEN by Jan Zabeil, producer: EAVE graduate Karsten Stöter received the Variety Piazza Grande Award.
- ONE SUMMER DAY by We Ra Aung, producer: Ties That Bind graduate Aiess Alonso won the main prize of Open Doors Hub and the CNC Prize.
Success for EAVE graduates in Sarajevo Film Festival:
- SCARY MOTHER by Ana Urushadze, producer: EAVE graduate Tinatin Kajrishvili won the Heart of Sarajevo for Best Feature Film at the Sarajevo Film Festival. The film also won the Cineuropa Prize and the CICAE Award.
- DIRECTIONS by EAVE graduate Stephan Komandarev, producer: EAVE graduate Katya Trichkova received a Special Mention from the Jury.
- In the Documentary Competition section KINDERS by Riahi Brothers, producer: EAVE graduate Arash T. Riahi received the Special Jury Prize.
- MR. GAY SYRIA by Ayse Toprak, producer: EAVE+ graduate Antoine Simkine won the Human Rights Award.
- SON OF SOFIA by Elina Psykou producer: EAVE graduate Konstantinos Kontovrakis, co-produced by EAVE graduates Janja Kralj and Chouchkov Brothers won the CICAE Award.
- HALF-SISTER by Damjan Kozole, producer: EAVE group leader Danijel Hocevar wins the Eurimages Co-Production Development Award at CineLink.
- ALL PANTHERS ARE PINK, produced by EAVE+ graduate Titus Kreyenberg, EAVE graduate Miroslav Mogorovic won the CineLink Drama Award.
- WHAT COMES AROUND by Reem Saleh, producer: EAVE graduate Konstantina Stavrianou gets the Restart Award.
- CAT IN THE WALL by Mina Mileva, Vesela Kazakova, producer: EAVE graduate Vesela Kazakova gets the Arte International Relations CineLink Award.
Motovun Film Festival
- WESTERN by Valeska Grisebach, producers: EAVE graduates Jonas Dornbach, Boris Chouchkov won the main prize, the Propeller Award, at the Motovun Film Festival. The film also won the FIPRESCI jury award.
- WRITTEN/UNWRITTEN by Adrian Silisteanu, producer: EAVE graduate Anamaria Antoci was awarded Best Film in the Motovun Shorts program.
Montenegro Film Festival
- SLAVA (GLORY) by Kristina Grozeva, Petar Valchanov, co-producer: EAVE graduate Konstantina Stavrianou triumphs at the Montenegro Film Festival. The film by Petar Valchanov and Kristina Grozeva wins four awards: Grand Prix - the Golden Mimosa for Best Film, Golden Mimosas for Best Script and Best Actress, as well as the FEDEORA Prize.
New Horizons International Film Festival Wrocław
- WESTERN by Valeska Grisebach, producers: EAVE graduates Jonas Dornbach, Boris Chouchkov won two awards at the New Horizons International Film Festival Wrocław: the Grand Prix and the FIPRESCI Prize.
- ALL THE CITIES OF THE NORTH by Dane Komljen, producers: EAVE National Coordinator Bosnia and Herzegovina Amra Baksic Camo, EAVE graduates Natasa Damnjanovic, Adis Djapo received a Honorable Mention.
- WINTER BROTHERS by Hlynur Palmason, producer: EAVE participant: Per Damgaard Hansen, co-producer: EAVE graduate Anton Mani Svansson was given a FIPRESCI Honorable Mention.
Norwegian International Film Festival Haugesund
- THE KING’S CHOICE by Erik Poppe, executive producer: EAVE graduate Thomas Gammeltoft, co-producer: EAVE graduate Lesley McKimm won eight Amandas at the Norwegian International Film Festival Haugesund. The film was awarded Best Norwegian Film in Theatrical Release, Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Karl Markovics), Best Screenplay (Harald Rosenløw Eeg and Jan Trygve Røyneland), Best Art Direction/Scenography (Peter Bävman), Best Visual Effects (Arne Kaupang), Best Music (Johan Söderqvist), Best Editing (Einar Egeland), and Best Sound Design (Christian Schaanning).
- THELMA by Joachim Trier, co-producers: EAVE graduates Mikkel Jersin and Katrin Pors received the Norwegian Critic’s Prize.
- BEYOND DREAMS by Rojda Sekersöz, producer: EAVE graduate Annika Hellström won the International Critics’ FIPRESCI Prize.
- ES WAR EINMAL IN DEUTSCHLAND by Sam Garbarski, producers: EAVE Head of Studies Jani Thiltges, EAVE Group Leader Roshanak Behesht Nedjad, co-producer: EAVE graduate Sébastien Delloye won the Audience Award.
- JUPITER’S MOON by Kornel Mundruczo, producer: EAVE graduate Viktoria Petranyi was given the Andreas Ecumenical Award.
European Film Festival Palic
- PARK by Sofia Exarchou, producer: EAVE graduate Amanda Livanou received the Golden Tower for best film at the European Film Festival Palic.
- AXOLOTL OVERKILL by Helene Hegemann, producer: EAVE graduate Hanneke van der Tas won the Palić Tower for Best Director.
- QUIT STARING AT MY PLATE by Hana Jusic, producer: EAVE graduate and Croatian National Coordinator Ankica Juric Tilic won the Critics’ Jury Award for Best Film in the Parallels and Encounters Programme.
Page published 28 August 2017. Updated 31 August 2017.