Funding for EAVE project THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH
In Development /Pre-production June 2018
The Italian fund Fondo Audiovisio FVG has announced a grant for DARKLING by Dušan Milić, producer: EAVE graduate Snežana Penev.
The feature film R.K. PROJECT by EAVE graduate Dora Nedeczky received development funding from the Hungarian Film Fund.
Norwegian Film Institute’s Sørfond has granted support for six international co-productions with Norwegian minority producers. Among them is:
- DAY AFTER by Kamar Ahmad Simon, producer: EAVE graduate Ingrid Lill Høgtun
- STEPNE by Maryna Vroda, producer: EAVE graduate Ingrid Lill Høgtun
The Finnish Film Foundation has granted production support to four feature films, two international minority co-productions, nine documentary films, seven short films and four TV series.
- CONDUCTIVITY by Anna-Karin Grönroos, producers: EAVE graduates Venla Hellstedt, Elli Toivoniemi
- ERIK STONEHEAERT by Ilmar Raag, producer: producer: EAVE National Coordinator Estonia Riina Sildos, co-producer: EAVE graduate and Finnish National Coordinator Aleksi Bardy
- JENNI JA TONY by Panu Suuronen, producer: EAVE graduate Joonas Berghäll
- LADY TIME by Elina Talvensaari, producers: EAVE graduate Jussi Rantamäki
- MONA by J-P Valkeapää, producer: EAVE graduate and Finnish National Coordinator Aleksi Bardy
- ONE-OFF INCIDENT by Reetta Aalto, Alli Haapasalo, Sonya Lindfors, Inari Niemi, Anna Paavilainen, Kirsikka Saari, Aino Suni, Miia Tervo, Elli Toivoniemi, producer: EAVE graduate Elli Toivoniemi
- THE PEACEMAKER by Antti-Jussi Annila, producer: EAVE + graduate Marko Röhr
- TWO CORPSES, ONE BEACH by Anna Paavilainen, producers: EAVE graduate Mark Lwoff, Misha Jaari
The Screen Flanders regional economic fund invests in ten new audiovisual productions within the framework of the first call of 2018. Among them:
- 10 SONGS FOR CHARITY by Karin Junger, producer: EAVE graduate Tomas Leyers
- THE DOMESTIQUE by Kieron J. Walsh, producer: EAVE graduate Katie Holly
- IMMENHOF by Sharon von Wietersheim, producer: EAVE graduate Peter de Maegd
Film Center Serbia's minority co-production funding scheme supports eight feature-length fiction films and two documentaries. Among them:
- MANOR HOUSE by Cristi Puiu, co-producer: EAVE graduate Milan Stojanovic, executive producer: EAVE graduate Anamaria Antoci
- IN THE DUSK by Sharunas Bartas, producer: EAVE graduate Janja Kralj
- PATROL CARS by EAVE graduate Stephan Komandarev, producer: EAVE graduates Katya Trichkova and Stephan Komandarev
- I WAS AT HOME, BUT ... by Angela Schanelec, producer: EAVE graduate Natasa Damnjanovic
- AVENGE by Marija Zidar, producer: EAVE group leader Danijel Hocevar
The Nordisk Film & TV Fond supports three fiction feature films, one TV series and four feature-length documentaries in its latest round of financial support. Among them:
- A WHITE, WHITE DAY by Hlynur Palmason, producer: EAVE graduate Anton Mani Svansson
- DANIEL by Niels Arden Oplev, producer: EAVE graduate Signe Leick Jensen, co-producer: EAVE graduate Annika Hellström
- FLEE by Jonas Poher Rasmussen, producer: EAVE graduate Monica Hellström
- MY FATHER’S ACRES by Carl Olsson, producer: EAVE graduate Anne Köhncke
- MY LIFE AS A COMEDIAN by Rojda Sekersöz, producer: EAVE graduate Martin Persson
The Netherlands Film Production Incentive funds 13 new productions
- 10 SONGS FOR CHARITY by Karin Junger, co-producer: EAVE graduate Tomas Leyers
- PORCELAIN by Jenneke Boeijink, producer: EAVE graduate Sander Verdonk
- SUNBURNED by Carolina Hellsgard, producer: EAVE graduate Nicole Gerhards
- LOCUS OF CONTROL by Halina Reijn, producers: producers: EAVE graduates Frans van Gestel, Arnold Heslenfeld, Laurette Schillings
- JESSICA by Ninja Thyberg, producer: EAVE graduate Léontine Petit
- MY EXTRAORDINARY SUMMER WITH TESS by Steven Wouterlood, co-producers: EAVE graduates Guido Schwab, Marcel Lenz
- SHIT HAPPENS by Anna van der Heide, producers: EAVE graduates Frans van Gestel, Arnold Heslenfeld, Laurette Schillings
- TAILGATING by Lodewijk Crijn, producers: EAVE graduates Frans van Gestel, Arnold Heslenfeld, Laurette Schillings
IDM Film Fund Südtirol - Alto Adige supports 12 projects, among them:
- DISCO by Evi Romen, producer: EAVE+ graduate Alexander Dumreicher-Ivanceanu
- THE MAN WITH THE ANSWERS by Stelios Kammitsis, co-producer: EAVE graduate Fenia Cossovitsa
- VOR MIR DER SÜDEN by EAVE graduate Pepe Danquart
- DANIEL by Niels Arden Oplev, producer: EAVE graduate Signe Leick Jensen is in pre-production. Director Niels Arden Oplev is ready to adapt the tragic story of freelance photographer Daniel Rye, who was captured while working in Syria in 2013, for the big screen. Daniel was kept hostage by ISIS for about 400 days, along with 23 other foreign nationals, including US video reporter James Foley, the first victim of the terrorist organisation, whose execution was filmed and published online. Oplev’s feature focuses on the young photographer’s captivity, the tense negotiations between the terrorists and Danish officials, and his family’s desperation. The script, penned in its entirety by Anders Thomas Jensen is based on Puk Damsgård's best-selling book The Isis Hostage. Filming is scheduled to begin in October in different locations in Sweden, Canada, Jordan and Denmark. The movie is being produced by Morten Kaufmann and EAVE graduate Signe Leick Jensen with support from the Danish Film Institute, the Danish Broadcasting Corporation, the Norwegian Film Institute, the Swedish Film Institute, the Nordisk Film & TV Fond and the West Danish Film Fund, in co-operation with Swedish public broadcaster SVT - Sveriges Television and Finnish public broadcaster YLE.
- EAVE project THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH, produced by EAVE graduates Rachel Ellis and Sandino Saravia Vinay is supported by the first bilaterial co-production fund Brasil – Mexico.
Page published 27 June 2018. Updated 28 June 2018.