Eurimages Co-prod Development Award for EAVE Project MADAME LUNA
Awards October 2017
- UN ESPECIE DE FAMILIA by Diego Lerman, co-producers: PUENTES graduate Katrin Pors, EAVE graduate Oliver Damian won the Jury Prize for Best Screenplay at the San Sebastian International Film Festival in September.
Zurich Film Festival
- TIERE (ANIMALS) by Greg Zglinski, producers: EAVE graduates Antonin Svoboda, Lukasz Dzieciol was awarded the Emerging Swiss Talent Award for Best Swiss Film in the Focus Switzerland, Germany, Austria section.
- UNDER THE TREE by Hafsteinn Gunnar Sigurðsson, producers: EAVE graduates Ditte Milsted, Jamila Wenske received a Special Mention in the International Feature Film section of the Zurich Film Festival.
- ARRHYTHMIA by Boris Khlebnikov, producers: EAVE graduates Eva Blondiau, Natalia Drozd, Aleksi Hyvarinen won the Producers Award at the Filmfest Hamburg.
- EAVE project MADAME LUNA, producers: EAVE graduates David Herdies and Vicky Miha won the 2017 Eurimages Co-production Development Award. The project looks at the startling transformation from victim to perpetrator of a young Eritrean refugee.
- SOLDIERS. STORY FROM FERENTARI by Ivana Mladenovic, producer: EAVE graduate Ada Solomon, Jelena Mitrovic was awarded the Special Jury Prize at CinÉast – Luxembourg’s Central and Eastern European Film Festival.
- DIRECTIONS by Stephan Komandarev, producer: EAVE graduates Stephan Komandarev and Katya Trichkova won the Critics' Prize.
Sitges Fantastic Film Festival
- JUPITER’S MOON by Kornel Mundruczo, producer: EAVE graduate Viktoria Petranyi scooped the main Award for Best Feature-length Film and the Best Special Effects Prize.
- THELMA by Joachim Trier, co-producers: EAVE graduates Mikkel Jersin and Katrin Pors won the Award for Best Screenplay and the Special Jury Award.
- TEHRAN TABOO by Ali Soozandeh, co-producer: EAVE graduate Antonin Svoboda was awarded Best Feature Length Film in the Anima’t section.
- The José Luis Guarner – Critics’ Award goes ex aequo to GOOD MANNERS by Juliana Rojas and Marco Dutra, producer: EAVE graduate Clement Duboin
- THE KILLING OF A SACRED DEER by Yorgos Lantimnos, producer: EAVE graduate Ed Guiney
Latvian National Film Competition
- NOVEMBER by Rainer Sarnet, producer: EAVE graduate Katrin Kissa scooped three awards at the Latvian National Film Competition: the RIGA IFF Award, the #Youth_Matters Award and the Splendid Palace People’s Choice Award.
Namur International French-Language Film Festival
- SOLDIERS. STORY FROM FERENTARI by Ivana Mladenovic, producer: EAVE graduate Ada Solomon, Jelena Mitrovic won the Discovery Award at the Namur International French-Language Film Festival.
Astra Film Festival
- COMMUNION by Anna Zamecka, producer: EAVE graduate Anna Wydra was awarded Best Documentary in the Central & Eastern Europe Competition at the Astra Film Festival in Sibiu.
BFI London Film Festival
- THE WOUND by John Trengove, producers: EAVE graduates Elias Ribeiro, co-producer: Interchange graduate Trent won the Sutherland Award for Best First Feature at the BFI London Film Festival.
- SUMMER 1993 by Carla Simon, producer: EAVE graduate and Spanish National Coordinator Maria Zamora received a Special Mention.
- EAVE project WAJIB by Annemarie Jacir, producer: EAVE graduate Ossama Bawardi, Ruben Thorkildsen received a Special Mention in the Official Competition.
Film independent producing lab
- ADVENTURES OF A MATHEMATICIAN by Thor Klein, producer: EAVE graduate Lena Vurma receives a Film Independent Sloane Producers Grant. Film Independent and the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation encourages filmmakers to create more realistic and accurate stories about science and technology and to challenge existing stereotypes about scientists and engineers in the popular imagination.
- A GOOD WIFE by Mirjana Karanovic producers: EAVE graduates Snezana Penev and Sinisa Juricic won the Nespresso Audience Award at the ArteKino Festival.
Netherlands Film Festival Utrecht
- BRIMSTONE by Martin Koolhoven, producer: EAVE graduate Antonio Lombardo is the big winner of the Netherlands Film Festival Utrecht: the film scoops the awards for Best Director, Best Picture, Best Cinematography, Best Actress in a leading role, Best Actor in a supporting role, Best Sound Design, Best Original Score, and Best Production Design.
Athens International Film Festival
- FOXTROT by Samuel Maoz, associated producer: EAVE graduate Dan Wechsler won the City of Athens Best Director award at the Athens International Film Festival.
Warsaw Film Festival
- BEYOND WORDS by Urszula Antoniak, producers: EAVE graduates Lukasz Dzieciol, Floor Onrust won the Ecumenical Jury Award at the Warsaw Film Festival.
- THE MINER by Hanna Slak, producer: EAVE graduate Sinisa Juricic received a Special Mention.
JIO MAMI Mumbai Film Festival
- IN THE SHADOWS by Dipesh Jain, producer: EAVE graduate Lena Vurma won the Grand Jury Prize for India Gold at Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival
Roche-sur-Yon Film Festival
- WINTER BROTHERS by Hlynur Palmason, producer: EAVE graduate Per Damgaard Hansen, co-producer: EAVE graduate Anton Mani Svansson received a Special Mention of the Jury at the Roche-sur-Yon Film Festival.
Golden Rose Film Festival
- EAVE project 3/4 by Ilian Metev, producer: EAVE graduate Ingmar Trost won Best Director at the Golden Rose Film Festival, Varna.
- DIRECTIONS by Stephan Komandarev, producer: EAVE graduate Katya Trichkova was awarded Best Actress (Irini Jambonas) and received a Special Mention.
International Cinematographers’ Film Festival Manaki Brothers
- JUPITER’S MOON by Kornel Mundruczo, producer: EAVE graduate Viktoria Petranyi was awarded Golden Camera 300 for best film at the 38th edition of the International Cinematographers’ Film Festival Manaki Brothers.
Page published 26 October 2017. Updated 31 October 2017.