EAVE receives EFA Award in Seville!
Awards December 2018
European Film Academy awards
- GIRL by Lukas Dhont, producers: EAVE graduates Arnold Heslenfeld, Laurette Schillings & Frans van Gestel won the European Discovery - Prix Fipresci.
- LAZZARO FELICE by Alice Rohrwacher, producer: EAVE graduate Carlo Cresta-Dina won the European University Film Award.
- 3 DAYS IN QUIBERON by Emily Atef, producer: EAVE graduate Karsten Stöter, co-producers: EAVE graduates Undine Filter and EAVE group leader Danny Krausz won European Composer (Christoph M. Kaiser and Julian Maas).
- BORDER by Ali Abbasi, producer: EAVE graduate Nina Bisgaard won European Visual Effects Supervisor (Peter Hjorth).
- EAVE graduate Konstantinos Kontovrakis and Giorgos Karnavas received the EURIMAGES Co-Production Award – Prix Eurimages.
EAVE (represented by Kristina Trapp&Jani Thiltges) received European Film Academy award in Seville: “We want to thank EAVE for working to achieve gender equality.” (Mike Downey & Antonio Saura)
Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival
- WEREWOLF by Adrian Panek, producers: EAVE graduate Magdalena Kaminska and Agata Szymanska won the Ecumenical Jury Prize and the Audience Award.
Industry@Tallinn & Baltic Event 2018 Awards
- EAVE project A GIRL’S ROOM by Aino Suni, producer: EAVE participant Sébastien Aubert won the Eurimages Co-Production Development Award.
- THE OASIS OF NOW by Hamy Ramezan, producer: EAVE graduate Jussi Rantamäki won the Screen International Best Pitch Award.
- DOGS DON’T WEAR PANTS by J-P Valkeapää, producer: EAVE graduate and Finnish National Coordinator Aleksi Bardy, co-producers: EAVE graduate and Latvian National Coordinator Aija Berzina, B’EST graduate Alise Gelze was awarded the Baltic Event Works in Progress Award.
- SISTERS by Silje Salomonsen, Arild Østin Ommundsen, producer: EAVE graduate Gary Cranner International Works in Progress Baltic View Award.
- MAN OF DEEDS by Nicolae Constantin Tanase, producer: EAVE graduate Anamaria Antoci won the Global Screen Award.
- EAVE graduate Marianne Ostrat won the Cannes Marché du Film Producers’ Network Award (for Promising Young Producer with free accreditations to next year’s edition).
British Independent Film Awards
- THE FAVOURITE by Yorgos Lanthimos, producer: EAVE graduate Ed Guiney scooped a record of ten awards at the British Independent Film Awards in London. The film won Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actress and Best Screenplay – in addition to the five craft awards announced last month (Best Casting, Best Cinematography, Best Costume Design, Best Make-up and Hair Design, and Best Production Design).
- DISOBEDIENCE by Sebastion Lelio, producer: EAVE graduate Ed Guiney won Best Supporting Actor (Alessandro Nivola).
- ROMA by Alfonso Cuarón, producer: PUENTES graduate Nicolás Celis López, co-producer: EAVE graduate Sandino Saravia Vinay was awarded Best International Independent Film.
Torino International Film Festival
- EAVE project BAD POEMS by Gabor Reisz, producers: EAVE graduates Estelle Robin You, Julia Berkes won three prizes, the Scuola Holden Award – Storytelling and Performing Arts for Best Script, the Avanti Award for Best Film and a Jury's Special Mention in the Official Competition.
- OUR STRUGGLES by Guillaume Senez, producer: EAVE graduate Isabelle Truc won the Audience Award and the Cipputi Award – Best Film about the Work World.
- HOMO BOTANICUS by Guillermo Quintero, producer: EAVE graduate Nicolas van Hemelryck was awarded Best Documentary.
- IL PRIMO MOTO DELL’IMMOBILE by Sebastiano d’Ayala Valva, producer: EAVE graduate Nicolas Lesoult received the Special Jury Prize for Italiana.doc.
- PITY by Babis Makridis, producer: EAVE graduate Amanda Livanou won the FIPRESCI Award.
Brussels Mediterranean Film Festival
- HER JOB by Nikos Labôt, producer: EAVE graduate Maria Drandaki, Milan Stojanovic won the Special Jury Prize and the Critic’s Award.
- POUR VIVRE HEUREUX by Salima Sarah Glamine & Dimitri Linder, producers: EAVE graduates Valérie Bournonville and Donato Rotunno won the Audience Award.
- SOFIA by Meryem Benm'Barek, co-producer: EAVE graduate Jacques-Henri Bronckart received the Special Jury Prize.
- A LAND IMAGINED by Siew Hua Yeo, producer EAVE graduate Fran Borgia, co-producers: EAVE graduates Jean-Laurent Csinidis and Denis Vaslin won Best Film.
Brisbane Asian Pacific Screen Award
- CAPERNAUM by Nadine Labaki, co-produced by EAVE graduate Pierre Sarraf won the Brisbane Asian Pacific Screen Award (APSA) for Achievement in Directing.
Cairo International Film Festival
- LA NOCHE DE 12 ANOS by Alvaro Brechner, co-producer: EAVE graduate Marianna Secco won the Golden Pyramid for Best Film and the FIPRESCI Award
- MANTA RAY Phuttiphong Aroonpheng, producer: EAVE graduate Philippe Avril won the Silver Pyramid, Special Jury Prize for Best Director.
- DONBASS by Sergej Loznitsa, producer: EAVE graduate Heino Deckert, co-producers: EAVE graduates Marianne Dumoulin, Jacques Bidou won the Silver Pyramid, Special Jury Prize for Best Director.
- EAVE project BIRDS OF PASSAGE by Ciro Guerra, Cristina Gallego, producer: EAVE graduate Katrin Pors, co-producers: EAVE graduates Dan Wechsler, Nicolas Celis, Sandino Saravia Vinay, TTB graduate Mikkel Jersin won the Naguib Mahfouz Prize for Best Script.
- ÁGA by Milko Lazarov, producer: EAVE graduate Guillaume de Seille received the Shadi Abdel Salam Prize for Best Film.
Gijon International Film Festival
- I DO NOT CARE IF WE GO DOWN IN HISTORY AS BARBARIANS by Radu Jude, producers: EAVE graduate and Romanian National Coordinator Ada Solomon and EAVE graduates Jiri Konecny, Jonas Dornbach won Best Directing and the Award for Best Art Direction (Iuliana Vilsan).
- GAME GIRLS by Alina Skrzeszewska, producer: EAVE graduate Jean-Laurent Csindis won Best Feature Film Directed by a Woman within the Competitive Sections.
- THE FAVOURITE by Yorgos Lanthimos, producer: EAVE graduate Ed Guiney was awarded Best Actress (Olivia Colman).
- TOO LATE TO DIE YOUNG by Dominga Sotomayer, co-producer: EAVE graduate Stienette Bosklopper ex aequo won Best Directing, as well as Best Cinematography (Inti Briones).
Tbilisi International Film Festival
- GIRL by Lukas Dhont, producers: EAVE graduates Arnold Heslenfeld, Laurette Schillings & Frans van Gestel won the EU Human Rights in Film Award.
New York Film Critics Circle
- ROMA by Alfonso Cuarón, producer: PUENTES graduate Nicolás Celis López, co-producer: EAVE graduate Sandino Saravia Vinay was awarded Best Cinematography by the New York Film Critics Circle.
- THE CALL by EAVE graduate Anca Damian won the Jury Special Award CINANIMA 2018 (Portugal).
Les Arcs Co-Production Village
- EAVE Marketing project WHITE ON WHITE by Theo Court, producer: PUENTES graduates Giancarlo Nasi and Eva Chillon wins Eurimages Lab Project Award.
- SYSTEM CRASHER by Nora Fingscheidt, producer: TTB group leader Jonas Weydemann wins TitraFilm Award.
Page published 18 December 2018.