EAVE projects BAD POEMS and SUNSET top at the Hungarian Film Awards
Awards April 2019
goEast Filmfestival Wiesbaden
- THE GENTLE INDIFFERENCE OF THE WORLD by Adilkhan Yerzhanov, producer: EAVE graduate Guillaume de Seille won the Award of the City of Wiesbaden for Best Director and the International Film Critics’ Award – FIPRESCI (fiction feature).
Visions du Réel
- HEIMAT IST EIN RAUM AUS ZEIT by Thomas Heise, producer: EAVE graduate Heino Deckert won the Prix du Jury in the International Competition
- NORIE by Yuki Kawamura, producer: EAVE graduate Gilles Chanial received a Special mention at the Interreligious Awards
- THE FLATS (ONCE WE WERE TERRORISTS) by Alessandra Celesia, producer: EAVE graduate Jean-Laurent Csinidis, Jeremiah Cullinane, Enrica Capra won the HEAD - GENÈVE Post-Production Award Doc Corner and the Marché du Film - Festival de Cannes Award
- EAVE project A THOUSAND FIRES by Saeed Taji Farouky, producer: EAVE graduate Estelle Robin You won the DOK Leipzig Talent Development Award
- PORNOMELANCHOLIA by Manuel Abramovich, producer: EAVE + graduate Gema Juarez Allen received the Doc & Film International Distribution Award and the visions sud est Award
Nantes Spanish Film Festival
- PETRA by Jaime Rosales, co-producers: EAVE graduate Katrin Pors, TTB graduate Mikkel Jersin won the Jules Verne Award for Best Film at the Nantes Spanish Film Festival
- YULI by Iciar Bollain, producer: EAVE graduate Andrea Calderwood won the Audience Award
- NOTES FOR A HEIST FILM by Leon Siminiani, producer: EAVE graduate and Spainish National Coordinator Maria Zamora was awarded Best Documentary
Greek Iris Awards
Eleven awards for EAVE graduates at the Greek Iris Awards handed out by the Hellenic Film Academy.
- PITY by Babis Makridis, producer: EAVE graduate Amanda Livanou won Best Film, Best Sound and Best Make-up
- STILL RIVER by Angelos Frantzis, producer: EAVE graduate Konstantinos Kontovrakis, EAVE graduate and Latvian National Coordinator Aija Berzina, B’EST graduate Alise Gelze was awarded Best Director, Best Cinematography and Best Costumes
- HER JOB by Nikos Labôt, producer: EAVE graduate Maria Drandaki, Milan Stojanovic received Best First-time Director, Best Actress in a Leading Role and Best Actress in a Supporting Role
- SMUGGLING HENDRIX by Marios Piperides, producers: EAVE graduates Marios Piperides, Janine Teerling and Martin Hampel won Best Screenplay
- HECTOR MALOT: THE LAST DAY OF THE YEAR by Jacqueline Lentzou, producer: EAVE graduate Fenia Cossovitsa was awarded Best Short Film
Brussels International Fantasy, Fantastic, Thriller and Science Fiction Film Festival
- EXTRA ORDINARY by Mike Ahern, Enda Loughman, producer: EAVE graduate Katie Holly won the Silver Raven
- WEREWOLF by Adrian Panek, producer: EAVE graduate Magdalena Kaminska, Agata Szymanska was awarded the 7th Orbit Award
Istanbul Film Festival
- A TALE OF THREE SISTERS by Emin Alper, co-producers: EAVE graduates Enis Köstepen, Stienette Bosklopper, Jonas Dornbach was the big winner at the Istanbul Film Festival. The film won the Best Director Award in the National Competition, the Best Actress Award (Cemre Ebüzziya, Ece Yüksel and Helin Kandemir), the Best Original Music Award and the FIPRESCI Award
- YUVA by Emre Yeksan, producer: EAVE graduate Annamaria Aslanoglu won the Special Jury Prize, the Best Actor Award (Kutay Sandikci), the Best Cinematographer Award and Best Editing
- PASSED BY CENSOR by Serhat Karaaslan, producers: EAVE graduate Undine Filter, TTB graduate Judith Nora won the Best Screenplay Award
Film Development Workshop and Neighbours Platform awards:
- COMMEDIA by Myriam El Hajj, producer: EAVE participant Myriam Sassine won the CNC Award
- BLOOD AND HONEY (CARNAVAL) by Mohamed Siam, producer: EAVE graduate Guillaume de Seille won the Postbiyik Sound Production Award
- MISS HOLOCAUST SURVIVOR by Eytan Ipeker, producer: EAVE graduate Katrin Pors won the Color Up Award
Cyprus Film Days
- SMUGGLING HENDRIX by Marios Piperides, producers: EAVE graduates Marios Piperides, Janine Teerling, Martin Hampel wins the Cyprus Film Days. The film won both the national competition and the Audience Award as well as the Special Student Jury Award - University of Nicosia.
- TOO LATE TO DIE YOUNG by Dominga Sotomayer, co-producer: EAVE graduate Stienette Bosklopper won the Glocal Images Best Director Award
- PURPLE by Noémie Havas and Judith de Lapparent, producer: EAVE graduate Judith Nora won the Copro Pitching Sessions Award at Seriesmania
- MYTHO by Fabrice Gobert, producer: EAVE participant Caroline Nataf won Best Actress Award and the Audience Award
- MONOS by Alejandro Landes, producer: PUENTES group leader Fernando Epstein won the CCAS Fiction Award at Cinélatino Toulouse
- PUENTES project THE SHARKS by Lucia Garibaldi, producer: PUENTES graduate Pancho Magnou was awarded the Grand Prix Coup de Coeur
Malaga Film Festival
- TERRA FRANCA by Leonor Teles, producer: EAVE graduate Filipa Reis won the Best Documentary award
Vilnius Film Festival Kino Pavasaris
- CAPERNAUM by Nadine Labaki, co-produced by EAVE graduate Pierre Sarraf won the Audience Award
- SUMMER SURVIVORS by Marija Kavtaradze, producer: EAVE graduate Marija Razgute won Best Lithuanian Film and Best Actor (Paulius Markevicius)
Estonian Film and Television Awards
- THE LITTLE COMRADE by Moonika Siimets, producer: EAVE graduate, group leader and Estonian National Coordinator Riina Sildos scooped three awards: Best Fiction Film, Best Director, Best Composer
- RODEO by Kiur Aarma, Raimo Joerand, producer: EAVE graduate Ari Matikainen won Best Screenplay
- THE RIDDLE OF JAAN NIEMAND by Kaur Kokk Producer: EAVE graduate Katrin Kissa won Best Costume and Best Sound
- FIRE LILY by Maria Avdjushko, producer: EAVE graduate Aet Laigu was awarded Best Actress (Ingrid Isotamm)
Polish Film Awards
- THE PRINCE AND THE DYBBUK by Elwira Niewiera, Piotr Rosolowski, co-producer: EAVE graduate Ann Carolin Renninger was awarded Best Documentary
International Thriller Film Festival of Beaune
- EAVE project BIRDS OF PASSAGE by Ciro Guerra, Cristina Gallego, producer: EAVE graduate Katrin Pors, co-producers: EAVE graduate Dan Wechsler, TTB graduate Mikkel Jersin won the Special Police Prize.
European Cinema Festival Lecce
- SAVOVI (STITCHES) by Miroslav Terzic, producers: EAVE National Coordinator Bosnia and Herzegovina Amra Baksic Camo, EAVE graduates Zdenka Gold, Adis Djapo won the Best Screenplay Award
- GENESIS by Arpad Bogdan, producer: EAVE graduate Andrea Taschler won the Best Cinematography Award and the Cineuropa Prize
- SUMMER SURVIVORS by Marija Kavtaradze, producer: EAVE graduate Marija Razgute received the Audience Award
Ukrainian National Film Awards
- DONBASS by Sergej Loznitsa, producer: EAVE graduate Heino Deckert triumphs at the Ukrainian National Film Awards. The feature won Best Film, Best Director and Best Screenplay.
- WHEN THE TREES FALL by Marysia Nikitiuk, co-producers: EAVE graduates Violetta Kaminska, Izabela Wojcik won Best Editing
Romy Awards for Austrian TV and film productions
- #FEMALE PLEASURE by Barbara Miller, producer: EAVE graduate Arek Gielnik has won Best Documentary.
- L’ANIMALE by Katharina Mückstein, producer: EAVE graduate Michael Kitzbergerwas awarded Most Promising Actress (Marie-Luise Stockinger)
- 3 DAYS IN QUIBERON by Emily Atef, producer: EAVE graduate Karsten Stöter, co-producers: EAVE graduates Undine Filter and EAVE group leader Danny Krausz was awarded Most Popular Actress (Marie Bäumer)
Hungarian Film Awards
- EAVE project BAD POEMS by Gabor Reisz, producers: EAVE graduates Juli Berkes and Estelle Robin You won Best Film, Best Director, Best Editor and Best Supporting Actress.
- EAVE project SUNSET by Laszlo Nemes, producer in development stage: Eszter Gyarfas won Best Cinematography and Best Music.
Page published 29 April 2019. Updated 14 May 2019.