EAVE project TABIJA receives support from Eurimages
In development / pre-production July 2019
At the last funding round of Eurimages (155th meeting), the following EAVE projects and projects by EAVE graduates have been supported.
- ANNETTE by Leos Carax, producer: EAVE graduate Benoit Roland
- BLIND WILLOW, SLEEPING WOMAN by Pierre Földes, producer: EAVE+ graduate Tom Dercourt, co-producer: EAVE graduate and Hungarian National Coordinator Viktoria Petranyi
- FOOLS by Tomasz Wasilewski, co-producer: EAVE graduate and Romanian National Coordinator Ada Solomon
- I’LL STAND BY YOU by Virginija Vareikyte and Maximilien Dejoie, producer: B’EST graduate Lukas Tremonis
- INGA by Giorgi Gogichaishvili, Davit Abramishvili, producer: EAVE graduate Paul Thiltges
- LIBERTAD by Clara Roquet, producers: EAVE graduates Sergi Moreno, Spanish National Coordinator Maria Zamora, Katleen Goossens
- OINK`S REVENGE by Mascha Halberstad, producer: EAVE graduate Marleen Slot
- SIHJA – FLY WITH ME by Marja Pyykkö, producers: EAVE graduates Venla Hellstedt, Elli Toivoniemi, Annemiek van der Hell
- EAVE project TABIJA by Igor Drljaca, producer: EAVE graduate Adis Djapo
- THE HUNTER`S SON by Ricky Rijneke, co-producer: EAVE graduate Magdalena Kaminska
- THE WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD by Joachim Trier, producer: EAVE graduate Dyveke Bjørkly Graver
- USERS by Ivan Ikic, producers: EAVE graduates Milan Stojanovic, Derk-Jan Warrink, Miha Cernec, EAVE participant Marija Stojanovic
World Cinema Fund
The World Cinema Fund (WCF) jury has made their selection out of 199 submissions from a total of 62 countries and awarded production funds totalling 386,400 €. Six of the selected films are produced by EAVE graduates.
WCF Production Funding
- EUREKA by Lisandro Alonso, producer: EAVE graduate Jonas Dornbach
- OCTOPUS SKIN by Ana Cristina Barragan, producer: EAVE+ graduate Titus Kreyenberg
- CORTE REAL by Julia De Simone, producer: EAVE graduate Filipa Reis
- TRIBUNAL DU FLEUVE by Alassane Diago, producer: EAVE graduate Heino Deckert
- A FAMILY SUBMERGED by Alassane Diago, producer: PUENTES graduate Barbara Francisco, co-producer: PUENTES graduate Tatiana Leite
Distribution Funding WCF Europe
- THE HARVESTERS by Etienne Kallos producer: EAVE graduate Sophie Erbs
Hubert Bals Fund
The Hubert Bals Fund (HBF) has announced the 2019 selection of its HBF+Europe: Minority Co-production Support scheme. Six film projects from Chile, Nicaragua, Ecuador, Brazil, Lebanon and China have received a contribution through their European co-producers.
- HARVEST by Ely Dagher, producer: EAVE graduate Benoit Roland
- LA HIJA DE TODAS LAS RABIAS by Laura Baumeister, producer: PUENTES graduate Eva Chillon
- LA PIEL PULPO by Anna Cristina Barragan, co-producer: EAVE graduate Konstantina Stavrianou, EAVE graduate and group leader Titus Kreyenberg
- PUENTES project BLANQUITA by Fernando Guzzoni, producer: PUENTES graduate Giancarlo Nasi
- THE INTRUSION by Flore Dias and Juruna Mallon, producer: PUENTES graduate Eva Chillon
- THE STRANGER by Zhengfan Yang, co-producer: EAVE graduate Frank Hoeve
Filmförderung Hamburg Schleswig-Holstein
The Hamburg-based film fund Filmförderung Hamburg Schleswig-Holstein (FFHSH) is supporting two films made by EAVE graduates:
- DIE GROßE FREIHEIT by Wendla Nölle, producer: EAVE graduate Dirk Deckert
- MEINEN HASS BEKOMMT IHR NICHT by Kilian Riedhof, producer: EAVE graduate Jonas Dornbach
Netherlands Film Fund
Nine new titles by EAVE graduates have been selected for support by the Netherlands Film Fund:
- DO NOT HESITATE by Shariff Korver, producer: EAVE graduate Léontine Petit
- FLY WITH ME by Marja Pyykkö, producers: EAVE graduate and National Coordinator Norway Kristine Knusen and EAVE graduates Venla Hellstedt and Elli Toivoniemi
- HIDING IN THE SPOTLIGHT by Jelle Nesna, producer: EAVE graduate Reinier Selen
- HOME by Franka Potente, producer: EAVE+ graduate Henning Kamm, co-producer: EAVE graduate Léontine Petit
- PLAYBOY PRIEST by Arne Toonen, producer: EAVE graduate Reinier Selen, co-producer: EAVE+ Head of Studies Jani Thiltges
- ROOKIE by Lieven van Baelen, co-producers: EAVE graduates Jacque-Henri Bronckart, Frank Hoeve
- THE DRAGON GIRL by Katarina Launing, producer: EAVE graduate Denis Vaslin
- THE GHASTLY BROTHERS by Michael van Ostade, producer: EAVE graduate Tomas Leyers
- THE PHOTO CAMERA by Viktor van der Valk, producer: EAVE graduate Léontine Petit
- SPACEBOY by Olivier Pairoux, producer: EAVE graduate Annabella Nezri and
- LOSERS REVOLUTION by Thomas Ancora and Grégory Beghin, producer: EAVE graduate Annabella Nezri are supported by screen.brussels.
Wallonia-Brussels Federation Film Centre
The Wallonia-Brussels Federation Film Centre is lending its support to 48 new film projects, 13 of which are made by EAVE graduates.
- C'EST DE FAMILLE by Elodie Lelu, producer: EAVE graduate Isabelle Truc
- DE LA PLANÈTE DES HUMAINS by Giovanni Cioni, producer: EAVE graduate Isabelle Truc
- EN ROUTE POUR LA MILLARD by Dieudo Hamadi, producer: EAVE graduate Aurélien Bodinaux
- ENTRE LA VIE ET DE LA MORT by Giordano Gederlini, producer: EAVE graduate Jean-Yves Roubin
- HITLER ET MUSSOLINI by Frédéric Fonteyne et Anne Paulicevich, producer: EAVE graduate Jacques-Henri Bronckart
- INEXORABLE by Fabrice Du Welz, producer: EAVE graduate Jean-Yves Roubin
- LA RESSOURCE D’HUMAINE by Adriana Da Fonseca, producer: EAVE graduate Annabella Nezri
- LES HÉRETIÈRES by Charlotte Diament, producer: EAVE graduate Isabelle Truc
- L'HOMME QUI AVAIT VENDUE SA PEAU by Kaouther Ben Hania, producer: EAVE graduate Annabella Nezri
- POLINA by Arthur Lecouturier, producer: EAVE graduate Isabelle Truc
- RÔLE-TITRE by Salomé Richard, producer: EAVE graduate Benoit Roland
- TRUE BIKER by Lieven Van Baelen, producer: EAVE graduate Jacques-Henri Bronckart
- USHUAIA by Nathalie Rozanes, producer: EAVE graduate Aurélien Bodinaux
Wallimage supports four films by EAVE graduates:
- LES BLAGES DE TOTO by Pascal Bourdiaux, producer: EAVE graduate Jean-Yves Roubin
- MRS MARX by Susanna Nicchiarelli, producers: EAVE graduate Valérie Bournonville, Interchange graduate Marta Donzelli
- OSTENDE 1936 by Uli Edel, producer: EAVE + graduate Johannes Rexin, EAVE graduate Valérie Bournonville
- WISE BLOOD by Bouli Lanners and Tim Mielants, producer: EAVE graduate Jacques-Henri Bronckart
Swedish Film Institute
Among the latest recipients of Swedish Film Institute production funding are:
- DRUK by Thomas Vinterberg, producer: EAVE graduate Lizette Jonjic, co-producers: EAVE graduates Arnold Heslenfeld, Laurette Schillings & Frans van Gestel
- GENESIS by EAVE graduate David Herdies, Michael Krotkiewski, producer: EAVE graduate David Herdies
- L'HOMME QUI AVAIT VENDUE SA PEAU by Kaouther Ben Hania, producer: EAVE graduate Annabella Nezri
- PUSH by Fredrik Gertten, producer: EAVE graduate Margarete Jangard
- THE INNOCENTS by Eskil Vogt, producer: EAVE graduate Lizette Jonjic
Lithuanian Film Centre
The Lithuanian Film Centre has announced its second round of funding pre-approvals for 2019, through which it will support 36 projects at various stages of production and development.
- 0-2 by Margus Paju, producer: B’EST graduate Lukas Trimonis, EAVE graduate and Greek National Coordinator Konstantinos Kontovrakis
- CORPORE SANO by Alante Kavaite, producer: EAVE + graduate Kestutis Drazdauskas
- IN THE MIRROR by Laila Pakalnina, producer: EAVE graduate and Lithuanian National Coordinator Dagne Vildziunaite
Greek Film Centre
The Greek Film Centre has announced its first round of funding pre-approvals for 2019, which covers 18 projects.
- DO NOT HESITATE by Shariff Korver, producer: EAVE graduate graduate and Greek National Coordinator Konstantinos Kontovrakis
- EAVE and TTB project HOLY EMY by Araceli Lemos, producer: EAVE and TTB graduate Konstantinos Vassilaros
- SELENE 66 QUESTIONS by Jacqueline Lentzou, producer: EAVE+ graduate Fenia Cossovitsa
EAVE project STRAY BODIES (formerly known as EUROPE, OH EUROPE) by Elina Psykou, producers: EAVE graduate Rea Apostolides, EAVE graduate Ivan Madeo and EAVE MW graduate Alessandra Principini has been fully supported by the Swiss Federal Office of Culture, the Bulgarian National Film Center and the Greek Film Center.
TTB project TRIALS OF CHUL by TTB graduate Danilo Beckovic, producer: EAVE graduate Marko Paljic has won a production grant of Film Center Serbia in May and received MEDIA single project development support in June this year.
B'EST project REMISSION by B’EST graduate Hovhannes Galstyan goes ahead in co-production. Bulgarian company JelFilm of Vasiliy and Vitaliy Sharkevich teams up with Armenia’s Parallels Film Production and Germany’s Clever Production on the feature film REMISSION. The project, which was on hold, has now restarted production. The film is a drama about a middle-aged choreographer preparing for a premiere while also addressing the issues of the difficult relationship between his wife, an oncologist, and his lover, who is also the prima ballerina in his production. The film is about the dark sides of the life backstage. Filming takes place in Armenia, with post-production taking place in Bulgaria and Germany. The production should be finished by the end of 2019.
FRANKY FIVE STAR by Birgit Möller, producer: PUENTES graduate Jamila Wenske is in development. The story, penned by Knut Mierswe and Möller, centres on the title character, Franky, a 24-year-old woman who suffers from multiple-personality disorder and seems unpredictable and erratic to everyone around her. And on top of that, she’s having a hard time managing the four other characters living inside her, Leni, Frank, Ella and Frau Franke, who seem to dwell in an old-fashioned hotel in the middle of nowhere but actually take turns inhabiting Franky’s body, occasionally disrupting her attempts at a love life, too. The film is being produced by Jamila Wenske for Germany’s One Two Films in co-production with Finland’s Aamu Film Company and German broadcaster ZDF, with the support of the First Movie Program and the Les Arcs Coproduction Village, and with additional funding coming from nordmedia and the Finnish Film Foundation.
SALT LAKE by Katarzyna Roslaniec, producer: EAVE graduate Piotr Kobus is in development. The film tells the story of 61-year-old Helena, who had only one lover in her life, her husband. Pawel managed to ensure her erotic fulfillment, financial security, gave her three beautiful children. Why does Helena want to betray him now? SALT LAKE is a tragicomedy about the meaning of fidelity. The film is produced by the Polish company Mañana in coproduction with Sweden’s Common Ground Pictures. The film has received funding from Creative Europe - MEDIA. Shooting is planned for the summer of 2020.
Page published 29 July 2019.