EAVE project BLOODY EASTER receives funding
In development / pre-production January 2019
Nordisk Film & TV Fond
Nordisk Film & TV Fond backed five new feature films and documentaries in December. Two of them are produced by EAVE graduates.
- LAURA by Fanny Ovesen, producer: EAVE graduate Frida Bargo
- EAVE project KIDS ON THE SILK ROAD, producer: EAVE graduate Maria Stevnbak Westergren is now financed and ready for production of new strong children films – 15 countries along the colorful ancient Silk Road, 15 children (11-14 years old) who give an insight into their lives and challenges. A documentary series for the whole family told from the children’s perspective, delving into rich cultural portraits and addressing universal issues of growing up. Among the directors are Kaspar Astrup Schröder, Simon Lereng Wilmont and Jens Pedersen.
At its 153rd meeting held in Tbilisi, the Board of Management of the Council of Europe's Eurimages Fund agreed to support 11 fiction and 1 documentary film projects.
- HEAVENS ABOVE by Srdjan Dragojevic, co-producer: EAVE graduate Darija Kulenovic Gudan
- IN THE DUSK by Sarunas Bartas, co-producers: EAVE graduates Petra Oplatkova, Janja Kralj, Artemio Benki, EAVE + graduate Gints Grube
- MONEYBOYS by Chen Bo Yilin, producer: EAVE graduate Barbara Pichler
- QUO VADIS, AIDA by Jasmila Zbanic, co-producers: EAVE graduates Verona Meier, Antonin Svoboda
- SEULES LES BÊTES by Dominik Moll, co-producer: EAVE graduate Verona Meier
- SOW THE WIND by Danilo Caputo, producer: EAVE graduate Konstantina Stavrianou
- THE DEER by Bogdan George Apetri, producer: EAVE graduate Oana Iancu
- THE ENCOUNTER by Tatia Skhirtladze, Anna Khazaradze, co-producer: EAVE + graduate Alexander Dumreicher-Ivanceanu
- THE WOUND by Lucas Belvaux, co-producer: EAVE graduate Patrick Quinet
Six selected projects in the fourth round of co-development funding of RE-ACT. Among them:
- HIDDEN PEOPLE by Miha Hocevar, delegate producer: EAVE graduate Danijel Hocevar
- PULA by Andrej Korovljev, co-producer: EAVE graduate Frenk Celarc
- THE BEANIE by Slobodan Maksimovic, delegate producer: EAVE graduate Ida Weiss, co-producers: EAVE graduates Darija Kulenovic Gudan, Julia Gebauer
Czech Film Fund
- EAVE project BLOODY EASTER by Jan Busta, producer: EAVE graduate EAVE graduate Lubomir Konecny has been presented at Pitch & Feedback in Karlovy Vary. The movie, based on true events from post-war Sudetenland, tells the story of the Czech boy JIRKA, who has to choose between the girl he loves and his best friend – a war orphan who has decided to target the girl’s German family as victims of his personal vendetta. The script based on real events was written by Magdalena Bittnerová and awarded by FILMOVÁ NADACE. Bloody Easter took part in Midpoint program (winning the Feature Launch Award) and eQuinoxe Europe. The Czech Film Fund for development supports the film. The Mayor of Liberec City took the patronage over the project.
The Netherlands Film Fund
The Netherlands Film Fund supports two projects by EAVE graduates as part of the NFF’s Screen NL programme.
- THE OCCUPIED CITY by Steve McQueen, producer: EAVE graduate Floor Onrust
- PLAYBOY PRIEST by Arne Toonen, producers: EAVE graduates Reinier Selen and Bernard Michaux
- WE ARE NOT ANIMALS by Nabil Ben Yadir, producer: EAVE graduate Benoît Roland receives Support from Wallimage. The film tackles a very painful subject, the murder of a young man in Liege, tortured overnight by four men simply because he was gay. The title of the film is taken from a sentence pronounced during the torturers' trial: "We are not animals!” The film will be produced by 10:80.
Page published 29 January 2019. Updated 30 January 2019.