EAVE project BIG WOODEN EYES receives funding
In development / pre-production September 2019
Nordisk Film & TV Fond
The Nordisk Film & TV Fond has revealed its latest slate of financial support for titles in production. Among the funded projects is:
- NELLY RAPP by Amanda Adolfsson, producer: EAVE participant Jon Nohrstedt
Polish Film Institute
- JEZIORO SLONE by Katarzyna Roslanie, producer: EAVE graduate Pjotr Kobus has been granted by the Polish Film Institute as one of ten supported feature film productions.
Romanian Film Centre
- EAVE project BIG WOODEN EYES by Ivana Mladenovic and Adrian Schiop, producer: EAVE graduate and Romanian National Coordinator Ada Solomon and EAVE participant Diana Paroiu has been granted development funding.
- THE GREAT TRAM ROBBERY by Slobodan Sijan, producer: EAVE graduate Marko Paljic, co-producers: EAVE graduates Borislav Chouckov, Artemio Benki, Rut Oplatkova, Sinisa Juricic, Bostjan Virc, EAVE graduate and Romanian National Coordinator Ada Solomon and EAVE participant Diana Paroiu received production funding.
German Federal Film Board
- YOU WILL NOT HAVE MY HATE by Kilian Riedhof, producer: EAVE graduate Jonas Dornbach receives support from the German Federal Film Board (FFA). The film is an adaptation written by the director together with Jan Braren and Marc Blöbaum of the novel of the same name by Antoine Leiris, whose wife was killed in the 2015 Paris attacks. After the attacks, Leiris addressed an open letter to the killers, vowing that neither he nor his infant son would ever live in fear of terrorism. The film is being produced by Germany’s Komplizen Films together with French company Haut et Court.
BAD BLOOD by Milutin Petrovic, producer: EAVE graduate Snezana van Houwelingen is in pre-production. Planned is a feature film and TV series based on the 1910 novel of famous classic Serbian writer Bora Stankovic. Both projects are produced by Serbia’s This and That Productions, which is currently looking for international coproducers. The script is to a great extent based on a long lost script written by the renowned Serbian film director and editor Vojislav Nanovic (1922-1983). There were ocassional rumours and legends about the script. Director Milutin Petrovi? found it by chance in an apartment in Belgrade.
Nanovic’s script has been polished by Milena Markovic and this new version is to be used for the feature and the first three of ten planned episodes of the TV series under the same title. The story is set in the turbulent years of the Ottoman Empire and at the cusp of a new century, when peasants began rising up in strength to the detriment of wealthy merchants families. The story follows Trifun, the wealthy leader of the Christian minority under the Ottoman rule, who, while trying to preserve his wealth and power, sets off a chain of events that cause terrible consequences for his family.
The project is being developed and prepared by This and That Productions with development support of MEDIA Creative Europe and development and production support from Film Center Serbia. Radio Television Serbia – RTS is also on board. Shooting is scheduled to start in the summer of 2020.
INTRANQUILLES by Joachim Lafosse, co-producers: EAVE graduates Jacques-Henri Bronckart, Alexandre Gavras, Bernard Michaud is in pre-production. The film will bring together two incandescent actors, Matthias Schoenaerts and Jasmine Trinca. The Belgian actor, who’s rarely been seen in his homeland since the success of BULLHEAD, will be getting back to filmmaking in French with this film. Opposite him we’ll find the Italian actress that everyone’s talking about. The film will be produced by Alexandre Gavras for KG Productions, Luxembourg firm Samsa Film and Flemish outfit Prime Time. Shooting is due to begin in spring 2020.
Page published 30 September 2019.