EAVE graduates top in Cairo
Awards December 2019
European Film Awards
- THE FAVOURITE by Yorgos Lanthimos, producer: EAVE graduate Ed Guiney is the big winner at the European Film Awards: The film won Best European Film, European Comedy, European Director, European Actress (Olivia Colman), European Cinematography, European Editing, European Costume Design and European Hair and Make-up
- SYSTEM CRASHER by Nora Fingscheidt, producer: EAVE graduate and German National Coordinator Jonas Weydemann won Best European Original Score (John Gürtler)
- EAVE graduate, group leader and National Coordinator Croatia Ankica Juric Tilic received the EURIMAGES Co-Production Award – Prix Eurimages
Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival
- EAVE project STORIES FROM THE CHESTNUT WOODS by Gregor Bozic, producer: EAVE graduate Marina Gumzi won Best Film in the First Feature Competition at the Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival.
- GIPSY QUEEN by Hüseyin Tabak, producer: EAVE graduate Danny Krausz won the Ecumenical Jury Prize
Industry@Tallinn & Baltic Event
- BROWNIE by Sarah Blaßkiewitz, producers: EAVE graduate and German National Coordinator Jonas Weydemann was awarded the Baltic Event Works in Progress Award at the Industry@Tallinn & Baltic Event 2019 Awards
- EAVE project THE FILE by Jonas Karasek, producer: EAVE graduate Wanda Adamik Hrycova, co-producer: EAVE graduate Oskari Huttu won the Screen International Best Pitch Award
Torino International Film Festival
Three awards for EAVE graduates at the Torino International Film Festival:
- A WHITE, WHITE DAY by Hlynur Palmason, producer: EAVE graduate Anton Mani Svansson, co-producers: PUENTES graduates Katrin Pors and Nima Yousefi, TTB graduate Mikkel Jersin was awarded Best Film
- NOURA RÊVE by Hinde Boujemaa, producer: PUENTES graduate Marie Besson won the Fondazione Sandretto Re Rebaudengo Award and the FIPRESCI Prize
New York Film Critics Circle
- ATLANTICS by Mati Diop, co-producer: EAVE+ graduate Jean-Yves Roubin was awarded Best First Film by the New York Film Critics Circle.
Brussels Mediterranean Film Festival
- A TALE OF THREE SISTERS by Emin Alper, co-producers: EAVE graduates Enis Köstepen, Stienette Bosklopper, Jonas Dornbach won the Special Jury Prize at the Brussels Mediterranean Film Festival.
- STITCHES by Miroslav Terzic, producers: EAVE graduate Zdenka Gold, Adis Djapo, EAVE graduate and National Coordinator Bosnia and Herzegovina Amra Bacsic Camo received a Special Mention
Asian Pacific Screen Award
- IT MUST BE HEAVEN by Elia Suleiman, producers: EAVE graduates Martin Hampel, Laurine Pelassy won the Brisbane Asian Pacific Screen Award (APSA) for Achievement in Directing.
Cairo International Film Festival
Four Awards for EAVE graduates at the Cairo International Film Festival:
- GHOST TROPIC by Bas Devos, producers: EAVE graduates Tomas Leyers, Benoit Roland won the Silver Pyramid – Special Jury Award
- A CERTAIN KIND OF SILENCE by Michal Hogenauer, producers: EAVE graduate and National Coordinator Latvia Aija Berzina, EAVE graduate Stienette Bosklopper, co-producer: B’EST graduate Alise Gelze won the Bronze Pyramid Award for Best First or Second Work by a Director
- BETWEEN HEAVEN AN EARTH by Najwa Najjar, co-producer: EAVE graduates Paul Thiltges and Adrien Chef won the Naguib Mahfouz Award for Best Screenplay
- LAND OF ASHES by Sofia Quiros Ubeda, producer: PUENTES graduate Mariana Murillo was awarded the International Critics’ Week Prize
- THE TRAP by Nada Riyadh, producer: EAVE graduate Ayman El Amir received a Special Mention
Muestra del Cine de Lanzarote
- HEIMAT IST EIN RAUM AUS ZEIT by Thomas Heise, producer: EAVE graduate Heino Deckert won the Jury Prize at the Muestra del Cine de Lanzarote
Leeds International Film Festival
- GUO4 by Peter Strickland, producer: EAVE graduate Dora Nedeczky won Special Mention in Leeds Music Video Competition
Page published 20 December 2019. Updated 21 December 2019.