EAVE graduates awarded at Sofia IFF
Awards March 2019
Romanian Film Awards
- THE MOROMETE FAMILY 2 by Stere Gulea, producer: EAVE graduate Tudor Giurgiu takes over the Gopos, the Romanian Film Awards. The film received a total of nine trophies. In addition to Best Film, it won awards for Best Image (Vivi Dragan Vasile), Best Editing (Dana Bunescu and Alexandra Gulea), Best Sound (Dana Bunescu, Cristinel Sirli, Constantin Fleancu), Best Set Design (Cristian Niculescu), Best Costumes (Dana Paparuz), and Best Makeup & Hair (Dana Roseanu, Iulia Roseanu, Domnica Bodogan). It also won the Young Hope award (Iosif Pastina), and the Audience Award, granted to productions with the highest box-office success in the previous year.
- SOLDIERS. STORY FROM FERENTARI by Ivana Mladenovic, producer: EAVE graduate and Romanian National Coordinator Ada Solomon, Jelena Mitrovic won the Best Debut Film award.
- THE KILLING OF A SACRED DEER by Yorgos Lanthimos, producer: EAVE graduate Ed Guiney won the Best European Film award.
Sofia International Film Festival
- SYSTEM CRASHER by Nora Fingscheidt, producer: EAVE graduate and German National Coordinator Jonas Weydemann was awarded Best Director
- A PICTURE WITH YUKI by Lachezar Avramov, producer: EAVE graduate Borislav Chouchkov won the Audience Award
- THE MAGIC LIFE OF V by Tonislav Hristov, producer: EAVE graduate Kaarle Aho won Best Documentary
- HER JOB by Nikos Labôt, producers: EAVE graduates Maria Drandaki, Milan Stojanovic was awarded Best Balkan Film
- THE LOAD by Ognjen Glavonic, producer: PUENTES graduate Sophie Erbs, co-producers: EAVE graduate, group leader and Croatian National Coordinator Ankica Juric Tilic, EAVE+ graduate Tom Dercourt received a Special Mention
- TEHRAN: CITY OF LOVE by Ali Jaberansari, co-producer: EAVE graduate Marleen Slot won the Young Jury Award
- ROMA by Alfonso Cuaron, producer: PUENTES graduate Nicolas Celis Lopez won Best non-American feature at the Bodil Awards, organised by the Danish Film Critics Association.
One World Festival
- COLD CASE HAMMARSKJÖLD by Mads Brügger, producer: EAVE graduate Bjarte Mørner Tveit won the award for Best Director at the One World Festival, Prague.
- OF UNWANTED THINGS AND PEOPLE by David Sukup, Ivana Laucikova, Leon Vidmar & Agata Gorzadek, producer: EAVE graduate Juraj Krasnohorsky received the Eurimages Co-production Development Award. Production companies: Maur Film (Czech Republic), Artichoke (Slovakia), ZVVIKS (Slovenia) & WJTeam/Likaon (Poland). The jury was impressed by the remarkable production team that this project brought together for the first time, and was seduced by this film which involves a great deal of fantasy and imagination dealing with universal issues.
- EAVE graduate Estelle Robin-You has won the Procirep French Producer Award. The jury awarded Les films du balibari (Estelle Robin-You, Clara Vuillermoz), highlighting “the quality and the modernity of their production approach from local to international, the engagement of the producers in collective battles for documentary and their opening on the world (including Africa) in a 360° vision of the profession”.
Cinéma du Réel
- MOVEMENTS OF A NEARBY MOUNTAIN by Sebastien Brameshuber, producer: EAVE graduate David Herdies and EAVE participant David Bohun won the Grand Prix.
- HAMADA by Eloy Dominguez Seren, producer: EAVE graduate David Herdies won the Prix Loridan Ivens and the Prix des Jeunes at Cinéma du Reel.
Fribourg International Film Festival
- LA NOCHE DE 12 ANOS by Alvaro Brechner, co-producer: EAVE graduate Marianna Secco won the Special Jury Award.
Luxemburg City Film Festival
- EAVE project BIRDS OF PASSAGE by Ciro Guerra, Cristina Gallego, producer: EAVE graduate Katrin Pors, co-producers: EAVE graduate Dan Wechsler, TTB graduate Mikkel Jersin, co-producer: EAVE graduate Sandino Saravia Vinay won the Audience Award and a special mention at the Critics Award
- STYX by Wolfgang Fischer, co-producer: EAVE+ graduate Alexander Dumreicher-Ivanceanu received the Youth Jury Award
- MY GIRAFFE by Barbara Bredero, producer: EAVE graduate Leontine Petit won the Children’s Coup de Cœur Award
Belgrade International Film Festival
- CAPERNAUM by Nadine Labaki, co-produced by EAVE graduate Pierre Sarraf won the Best Director Award, the Best Debut Award (Zain Al Rafeea), the FIPRESCI Prize and the FEDEORA Award
- I WAS AT HOME, BUT by Angela Schanelec, co-producer: EAVE graduate Natasa Damnjanovic won the Jury Award (Ivan Markovic, DoP)
- THE FAVOURITE by Yorgos Lanthimos, producer: EAVE graduate Ed Guiney won the Audience Award
- STITCHES by Miroslav Terzic, producers: EAVE National Coordinator Bosnia and Herzegovina Amra Baksic Camo, EAVE graduates Zdenka Gold, Adis Djapo won Nebojsa Dukelic Award for Best film in the National section, Best Actress (Snezana Bogdanovic), and the FIPRESCI Prize
- ALL ALONE by Bobo Jelcic, producers: EAVE graduates Zdenka Gold, Alem Babic won Best Director
Bergamo Film Meeting
- EL MOTOARREBATADOR (THE SNATCH THIEF) by Agustin Toscano, producer: PUENTES graduate Hernan Musaluppi won the First Prize.
- A DECENT MAN by Hadrian Marcu, producer: EAVE graduate Anamaria Antoci was awarded Best Director.
Cartagena Film Festival
- MONOS by Alejandro Landes, producer: PUENTES graduate Fernando Epstein won Best Colombian Film and the Audience Award.
International Film Festival and Forum for Human Rights (FIFDH)
- THE BOY WHO HARNESSED THE WIND by Chiwetel Ejiofor, producer: EAVE graduate Andrea was awarded the Grand Prix Fiction.
- STILL RECORDING by Saaed Al Batal, Ghiath Ayoub, poducer: EAVE graduate Jean-Laurent Csinidis won the Young Jury Award and received a Special Mention.
Finnish National Film Awards
- VOID by Aleksi Salmenperä, executive producers: EAVE graduates Misha Jaari, Mark Lwoff was the big winner at the Finnish National Film Awards. The film won four Jussi awards including best picture.
- STUPID YOUNG HEART by Selma Vilhunen, producers: EAVE graduates Elli Toivoniemi and Venla Hellstedt was awarded Best Script
- YRITTÄJÄ by Virpi Suutari, producer: EAVE graduate Joonas Berghäll won Best Documentary
Thessaloniki Documentary Festival
- #FEMALE PLEASURE by Barbara Miller, producer: EAVE graduate Arek Gielnik won the Amnesty International Award and the Women in Film and Television Award.
- MOVEMENTS OF A NEARBY MOUNTAIN by Sebastien Brameshuber, producer: EAVE graduate David Herdies and EAVE participant David Bohun won Best Cinematography.
- WINTER FLIES by Olmo Omerzu, producer: EAVE graduate Jiri Konecny won Best Film, Best Director, Best Supporting Actress, Best Supporting Actor, Best Screenplay and Best Film Editing at the annual Czech Lions ceremony.
Swiss Films Awards
- CHRIS THE SWISS by Anja Kofmel, producers: Interchange graduate Samir and EAVE graduates Sinisa Juricic, Heino Deckert won Best Documentary Film, Best Film Score, Best Film Editing
- THE INNOCENT by Simon Jaquemet, producer: EAVE graduate Tolga Dilsiz won Best Actress
Page published 27 March 2019. Updated 2 April 2019.