EAVE 2018 selection & Season’s greetings
We are delighted to close the year announcing the participants for the EAVE Producers Workshop 2018, selected out of 184 applications from 48 different countries.
EAVE proudly presents the 52 up and coming producers from 36 countries that will be part of the EAVE programme next year. (See the complete list of selected participants below).
We are particularly grateful for the generous support of our 2018 scholarship partners:
- As in the previous years, the French CNC supports the participation of 3 international producers: Paulina Valencia (Mexico) and Nicolas van Hemelryck (Colombia) and Marko Pajlic (Serbia).
- Thanks to German regional fund MDM, two producers from the Balkan region will develop their projects and skills at the EAVE 2018 course: Radu Stancu Mihalcea from Romania and Konstantinos Vassilaros from Greece (selected at CineLink).
- In the framework of EAVE's partnership with Cinema Do Brasil, one scholarship was allocated to Rachel Daisy Ellis.
- The scholarship provided by the Polish Film Institute was granted to Beata Rzezniczek, selected at the Polish Days in Wroclaw in the framework of the New Horizons Film Festival.
- PACT and EAVE are jointly offering a scholarship to one UK producer (Farah Abushwesha) in the name and memory of EAVE expert Dorothy Viljoen.
- The Alan Fountain scholarship, in the name and memory of former EAVE President, Head of Studies and CEO was given to Dina Harb from Egypt.
- Thanks to our collaboration with Doha Film Institute, Sarra Ben Hassen (Tunisia) was selected at the DFI Producers Lab and received a joint scholarship of the Royal Film Commission of Jordan and EAVE.
- Last but not least, EAVE allocated one scholarship to one participant of the Realness 2017 workshops: Bongiwe Selane from South Africa and one scholarship to one participant of Ouaga Film Lab: Sawadogo (Burkina Faso)
In addition to those, a number of scholarships have been allocated by EAVE to participants from countries with no support mechanisms.
2017: A successful year for EAVE comes to its close...We are proud of the success of our producers in 2017:- 4 Academy Awards- 5 Golden Globes nominations- 26 films by EAVE producers represent their country in the race for the next Foreign Language Academy Awards, including EAVE projects LAYLA M. and WAJIB- 24 films by EAVE producers were nominated for the European Film Awards- 2 Golden Globes awards- 4 main awards at Sundance- 5 Silver Bears, 1 Crystal Bear and 13 other main awards at the Berlinale- Best Screenplay award in Cannes- Golden Leopard and 13 other major awards in Locarno- Heart of Sarajevo for Best Film, as well as 6 additional awards in Sarajevo... and many more.
WE WISH ALL OUR GRADUATES, COLLEAGUES AND FRIENDS A HAPPY AND PEACEFUL NEW YEAR.
A BIG THANK YOU GOES TO OUR PARTNERS, DECISION MAKERS, EXPERTS AND PEDAGOGICAL TEAM FOR THEIR CONTINUING SUPPORT AND COMMITMENT!
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO ANOTHER INSPIRING YEAR TOGETHER!
Please note that the EAVE office is closed from December 27, 2017 - January 5, 2017! Your EAVE team will be back on January 8, 2018.
The selected participants for the EAVE Producers Workshop 2017 are:
AUSTRIABarbara Pichler, KGP Kranzelbinder Gabriele Production Gmbh
BELGIUMAnton Iffland Stettner, Stenola ProductionsLize Lefaible, Potemkino
BRAZIL / UKRachel Daisy Ellis, Desvia
BURKINA FASOMoustapha Sawadogo, Racines Productions
CHILEConstanza Arena, Cinemachile
COLOMBIA / BELGIUMNicolas van Hemelryck, Casatarantula
CROATIAHrvoje Osvadic, Petnaesta umjetnost d.o.o.
CYPRUSStelana Kliris, Meraki Films Ltd
CZECH REPUBLICMikulas Novotny, Background FilmsPetra Oplatkova, Sirena Film, Artcam Films
DENMARKRikke Tambo Andersen, Bullitt Film ApS & Tambo Film IVS
EGYPTDina Harb, Birthmark Films
FRANCEAnaïs Bertrand, Insolence ProductionsClaire Bodechon, Timshel productionsAlexandre Gavras, KG Productions
GERMANYNora Ehrmann, Zischlermann filmproduktion GmbHYvonne Wellie, Weydemann Bros. GmbH
GREECEIoanna Bolomyti, Argonauts Productions SAKonstantinos Vassilaros, StudioBauhaus
HUNGARYBalázs Zachar, Pioneer Stillking Films Kft
INDIADebu Bhattacharyya, Theme Entertainment
ISRAELMichael Rozenbaum, Transfax Film Productions
ITALYLuca Legnani, 9.99 Films Srl
KOSOVOBujar Kabashi, N'ART & WOOF FILMS
LATVIAMarika Kozlovska, Freelance International Consultant
MEXICOPaulina Valencia, Specola
NETHERLANDS Elwin Looije, FATT ProductionsRoel Van de Weijer, Film Bridge CompanyAnita Voorham, Bravado Film
NORWAYCecilie Aspenes, Miso Film NorgeKhalid Maimouni, The End AS
POLANDMarta Golba, Endorfina StudioMaciej Kubicki, TelemarkBeata Rzezniczek, Madants sp z o.o.
PORTUGALFilipa Reis, Uma Pedra no Sapato
ROMANIARadu Stancu Mihalcea, deFilm
RUSSIAMaxim Dashkin, Victoria Films
SERBIAMarko Paljic, Gargantua Films
SOUTH AFRICABongiwe Selane, Blingola Media
SPAINMerry Colomer, Morena FilmsCarla Sospedra Salvadó, Miss Wasabi FilmsMarieke van den Bersselaar, Polar Star Films
SWEDENStefan Henriksson Lindén, New Stories AB / Unlimited Stories AB
SWITZERLAND / GERMANYTolga Dilsiz, 8horses GmbH
SWITZERLAND / ITALYIvan Madeo, Contrast Film Bern / Contrast Film Zurich
TUNISIASarra Ben Hassen, Cinetelefilms
TURKEYSuzan Güverte, Guverte FilmZeki Peynirci, Ustaoglu Film Production
UNITED KINGDOMFaraj Abushwesha, Rocliffe LimitedBen Young, Third Films
UKRAINEVladimir Yatsenko, LIMELITE
The EAVE 2018 Producers Workshop will take place in Luxembourg (March 8-15), Stavanger/Norway (June 22-29) and Santiago de Compostela/Spain (October 22-29, TBC).
Best regards, The EAVE team
Page published 21 December 2017.