BOY FROM HEAVEN receives funding
In development / pre-production January 2020
Nordisk Film & TV Fond backed four new feature films in January. Two of them are produced by EAVE graduates.
- COMPARTMENT NUMBER 6 by Juho Kuosmanen, producer: EAVE graduate Jussi Rantamäki
- THE OPPONENT by Milad Alami, producer: EAVE graduate Annika Rogell
RE-ACT: Six selected projects receive co-development funding. Among them:
- THE JUNGLE by Gregor Bozic, producer: EAVE graduate Marina Gumzi
- THE LOST SON by Darko Stante, producer: EAVE graduate Miha Cernec
- GOD WILL NOT HELP by Hana Jusic, producer: EAVE graduate, group leader and Croatian National Coordinator Ankica Juric Tilic
- HELLO ISABEL by Anja Kofmel, producer: EAVE graduate Sinisa Juricic
BOY FROM HEAVEN by Tarik Saleh, producers: EAVE graduates Kristina Åberg, Misha Jaari and Mark Lwoff is in development. The political thriller unfolds in a prestigious religious university in Cairo. On the first day back after the summer holidays, the grand imam collapses and dies in front of his students. This marks the start of a ruthless battle for influence to take his place. The film is supported by Arte France Cinéma and co-produced by France’s Memento Film Production, Sweden’s Atmo, Morocco’s Kasbah Film and Finland’s Bufo. The shoot will take place in August 2020 in Morocco and Sweden.
Page published 30 January 2020.