4 PUENTES projects receive production and distribution funding
In Development / Pre-Production November 2017
Production Funding WCF
- PUENTES project DEATH WILL COME AND SHALL HAVE YOUR EYES by José Luis Torres Leiva, producer: PUENTES graduate Catalina Vergara
- PUENTES Project KILLING THE DEAD by Hugo Gimenez, producer: EAVE graduate Gabriela Sabaté, co-producer: EAVE graduate Alexa Rivero
- VETERANOS by Lola Arias, producers: EAVE graduate Gema Jurarez Allen and Sutor Kolonko
- WHITE ON WHITE by Theo Court, producers: PUENTES graduates Giancarlo Nasi, Eva Chillon
- YOU WILL DIE AT TWENTY by Amjad Abu Alala, producer: EAVE graduate Hossam Elouan
Distribution Funding WCF Europe
- PUENTES project LOS PERROS by Marcela Said, producers: EAVE+ graduate Tom Dercourt, EAVE graduate Sophie Erbs, co-producers: EAVE graduate Benjamin Domenech, EAVE+ graduate Jonas Katzenstein, associate producer: EAVE graduate Dan Wechsler
- PUENTES project YELLOW SUNGLASSES by Iván Mora, producer: PUENTES graduate Isabel Carrasco, co-producer PUENTES graduate Tathiani Sacilotto received production funding from the Brazilian ANCINE fund.
- YALDA by Massoud Bakhshi, co-producer: EAVE graduate Nicole Gerhards
- PARIS CALLIGRAMMES by Ulrike Ottinger, producer: EAVE graduate Ann Carolin Renninger
- NEMESIS by Carla Garapedian, producer: EAVE graduate Ann Carolin Renninger
- THE DELEGATION by Asaf Saban, co-produced by EAVE grad and group leader Roshanak Behesht Nedjad & Puentes grad Aga Dziedzic receives support from the German-Polish Filmfund.
The Greek Film Centre funds projects in partnership with France’s CNC. Among them:
- MELTEM by Basile Doganis, co-producer: EAVE graduate Fenia Cossovitsa
- SUNDAYS by Alethea Avramis, producer: EAVE graduate Konstantinos Kontovrakis
- SISTERS by Emin Alper, producers: EAVE graduates Jonas Dornbach, Stienette Bosklopper
- KAL-AL-ZAR by Janis Rafailidou, producer: EAVE graduate Konstantinos Kontovrakis
Nine projects have secured funding from the IDM South Tyrol Film Fund & Commission, following the third and final call of 2017.
- HOCHWALD by Evi Romen, producer: EAVE+ graduate Alexander Dumreicher-Ivanveanu
- GET LUCKY by Ziska Riemann, co-producer: EAVE graduate Peter Rommel
- SCHLAF by Michael Venus, producer: EAVE graduate Verena Gräfe-Höft
- TAGUNDNACHTGLEICHE by Lena Knauss, producer: EAVE graduate Dirk Decker
receive production support from the Filmförderung Hamburg Schleswig-Holstein (FFHSH).
screen.brussels, the Brussels regional investment fund, has just announced the results of its 5th support session with eight projects in line to receive funding. Three Projects are made by EAVE graduates:
- CONTINUER by Joachim Lafosse, producer: EAVE graduate Jacques-Henri Bronckart
- CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL by Bertrand Blier, co-producer: EAVE graduate Jacques-Henri Bronckart
- HORSE BOY by Ari Folman, producer: EAVE graduate and group leader Diana Elbaum
- MINDSCAPES OF FRED JÜSSI by Jaan Tootsen, producer: EAVE graduate Kristian Taska has been granted financial support for production by the Estonian Film Institute. The documentary about the legendary Estonian nature writer and photographer Fred Jüssi is in development.
- ZAVERA by Andrei Gruzsniczki, producers: EAVE graduate Alexandru Teodorescu and EAVE+ graduate Alexander Dumreicher-Ivanceanu is in preparation. ZAVERA (an old Romanian word for “uprising”) is set during the funeral of a 47-year-old shrewd businessman, which turns into a Bacchanalia party, while his friends and business associates are fighting for his legacy, as their dark past comes back to haunt them. Gruzsniczki, Mircea Stăiculescu and Lia Bugnar wrote the script. Alexandru Teodorescu is producing through Romania’s Saga Film in co-production withthough Amour Fou from Luxembourg. The Romanian Film Center is supporting. The film is currently in the casting and location scouting stage. Shooting is expected from April 2018 to September 2018.
- AFRIKA, written, directed and produced by EAVE participant Maya Vitkova receives a grant by the Bulgarian National Film Center.
Page published 30 November 2017. Updated 15 December 2017.