4 Oscars® for EAVE producers
Awards March 2018
EAVE graduates have won four Oscars® at the Academy Awards in Los Angeles:
- A FANTASTIC WOMAN directed by Sebastian Lelio, a film co-produced by EAVE graduates Jonas Dornbach and Fernanda del Nido won the Oscar® for Best Foreign Language Film.
- DUNKIRK by Christopher Nolan, delegate producer EAVE+ graduate Maarten Swart sccoped 3 Oscars® for Best Film Editing, Best Sound Editing and Best Sound Mix.
Multiple awards for EAVE graduates at the Gopos, the the Romanian Film Awards:
- ONE STEP BEHIND THE SERAPHIM by Daniel Sandu producer: EAVE graduate & Romanian National Coordinator Ada Solomon scooped eight Gopos for Best Film, Best Director, Best Screenplay, Best Actor (Vlad Ivanov), Best Supporting Actor (Ali Amir), Best New Hope (Stefan Iancu), Best Cinematography (George Dascalescu), and Best First Feature.
- ANA, MON AMOUR by Calon Peter Netzer, producers: EAVE graduate Oana Iancu, EAVE Marketing Workshop graduate Jonas Katzenstein won Best Lead Actress (Diana Cavaliotti) and Best Editing (Dana Bunescu)
- THE FIXER by Adrian Sitaru, producers: EAVE graduate Anamaria Antoci and EAVE graduate and French National Coordinator Jean des Forêts was awarded Best Supporting Actress (Diana Spatarescu)
- WRITTEN/UNWRITTEN by Adrian Silisteanu, producer: EAVE graduate Anamaria Antoci won Best Short Film.
Six awards for EAVE graduates at the Sofia International Film Festival and Sofia Meetings:
- EAVE project 3/4 by Ilian Metev, producer: EAVE graduate Ingmar Trost won the Sofia City of Film Grand Prix
- GENESIS by Arpad Bogdan, producer: EAVE graduate Andrea Taschler received the Special Jury Award
- EAVE project RADIOGRAM by Rouzie Hassanova, producer: EAVE graduate Gergana Stankova got the Audience Award.
- THE TROJAN CRISIS by Francois Nouguies, producer: EAVE graduate Ana Alexieva won the Mediterranean Film Institute Award
- EAVE project MARCH.APRIL.MAY by Andrey Gryazev, producer: EAVE graduate Vlad Ketkovich pocketed the CINELAB Romania award
- CRISSEA IV by Vladimir Dembinski, producer: EAVE graduate Tudor Giurgiu received the Best Bulgarian Project Award.
Danish Film Awards
- WINTER BROTHERS by Hlynur Palmason, producer: EAVE graduate Per Damgaard Hansen, co-producer: EAVE graduate Anton Mani Svansson was the winner of Best Film and Best Cinematography (Maria von Hausswolff) at the Bodil Awards, organised by the Danish Film Critics Association.
French Academy Awards
- LES BIGORNEAUX by Alice Vial, producer: EAVE graduate Alexandre Charlet won a César for Best short Films at the French Academy Awards.
Norwegian film professionals at the Kosmorama International Film Festival in Trondheim have handed out the Kanon Awards to largely two films:
- WHAT WILL PEOPLE SAY by Iram Haq, co-producer: EAVE graduate Karsten Stöter won Best Script and Best Director, Best Producer (Maria Ekerhovd) and Best Supporting Actor (Adil Hussain).
- THELMA by Joachim Trier, co-producers: TTB graduate Mikkel Jersin, PUENTES graduate Katrin Pors pocketed Best Actress (Eili Harboe), Best Actor (Henrik Rafaelsen), Best Editing (Olivier Bugge Coutté) and Best Score (Ola Fløttum).
Icelandic Academy Award
- UNDER THE TREE by Hafsteinn Gunnar Sigurðsson, producers: EAVE graduate Ditte Milsted, PUENTES graduate Jamila Wenske won seven awards at the Icelandic Academy Awards, including best film, best director (Hafsteinn Gunnarsson), best actress (Edda Björgvinsdóttir), and best actor (Steindi Jr.).
- JOURNEY TO UTOPIA by Erlend Eirik Mo, producer: EAVE graduate Lise Lense-Møller won the Eurimages Pitch and Development Award at CPH:DOX in Copenhagen.
Luxembourg City Film Festival
- FOXTROT by Samuel Maoz, associated producer: EAVE graduate Dan Wechsler won the Grand Prix at the Luxemburg City Film Festival.
- PITY by Babis Makridis, producer: EAVE participant Beata Rzezniczek received a Special Mention.
- GUTLAND by Govinda Van Maele, producer: EAVE graduate Gilles Chanial won the Audience Award.
Belgrade International Film Festival
- TEMPORADA DE CAZA (HUNTING SEASON) by Natalia Garagiola, producer: EAVE+ graduate Jonas Katzenstein won the Debut Award of the Belgrade International Film Festival.
Bergamo Film Meeting
- EAVE project SECRET INGREDIENT by Gjorce Stavreski, producer: EAVE graduate Kostantina Stavrianou is the winner of the First Prize at the Bergamo Film Meeting.
Cartagena Film Festival
- PUENTES project THE HEIRESSES by Marcelo Martinessi, producer at development stage: PUENTES graduate Karen Fraenkel, co-producer: PUENTES group leader Fernando Epstein won Best Director
- SEASON OF THE DEVIL by Lav Diaz, producers: Ties That Bind graduates Bianca Balbuena and Bradley Liew was awarded Best Film in the Gemas section.
David di Donatello Awards
- NICO, 1988 by Susanna Nicchiarelli, producer: EAVE graduate Valérie Bournonville scooped the Awards for Best Original Screenplay, Best Makeup, Best Hair Design and Best Soundtrack at the David di Donatello Award, the most important Italian Film prize.
- SICILIAN GHOST STORY by Fabio Grassadonia and Antonio Piazza, co-producer: EAVE graduate Andres Pfaeffli won Best Adapted Screenplay.
Guadalajara Co-production Meeting
- PUENTES project CLARA SOLA by Nathalie Álvarez Mesén, producer: PUENTES graduate Nima Yousefi, co-producers: PUENTES graduate Katrin Pors and EAVE graduate Peter Kropenin won the CTT and El Taller awards, and got a special mention from Argos at Guadalajara’s Co-production Meeting.
Polish Film Awards
- LOVING VINCENT by Dorota Kobiela and EAVE graduate Hugh Welchman, producer: EAVE graduate EAVE graduate Hugh Welchman was awarded Best Art Direction and Best Editing at the Eagles, the annual awards for Polish film, handed out by the Polish Film Academy.
- 21 X NEW YORK by Piotr Stasik, producer: EAVE graduate Agnieszka Wasiak won Best Documentary
Hungarian Film Awards
- JUPITER’S MOON by Kornel Mundruczo, producer: EAVE graduate Viktoria Petranyi won two prizes at the Hungarian Film Awards: Best Cinematography and Best Production Design.
International Film Festival and Forum for Human Rights
- THE DISTANT BARKING OF DOGS by Simon Lereng Wilmont, producer: EAVE graduate Monica Hellström won the Young Jury Award at the International Film Festival and Forum for Human Rights (FIFDH), Geneva.
South African Film and Television Awards
- THE WOUND by John Trengove, producers: EAVE graduates Elias Ribeiro, Cait Pansegrouw, co-producer: Interchange graduate Trent wins six SAFTAs at the South African Film and Television Awards.
Finnish Film Awards
- THE ETERNAL ROAD by Antti-Jussi Annila, producer: EAVE+ graduate Ilkka Matila, co-producer: EAVE graduate Kristian Taska was the big winner at the Finnish National Film Awards. The film won five Jussis: Best Film, Best Director, Best Supporting Actress (Sidse Babett Knudsen), Best Supporting Actor (Hannu-Pekka Björkman), Best Cinematography (Rauno Ronkainen), Best Set Design (Kalju Kivi)
- MIAMI by Zaida Bergroth, executive producers: EAVE graduates Aleksi Bardy, Annika Sucksdorff won Best Actress (Krista Kosonen)
- TOM OF FINLAND by Dome Karukoski, producers: EAVE graduate and Finnish National Coordinator Aleksi Bardy, EAVE graduate Annika Sucksdorff, co-producer: EAVE graduate Malin Söderlund wins Best Costume Design (Anna Vilppunen)
- HOBBYHORSE REVOLUTION by Selma Vilhunen, producer: EAVE graduate Elli Toivoniemi was awarded Best Documentary.
Thessaloniki Documentary Festival
- THE DISTANT BARKING OF DOGS by Simon Lereng Wilmont, producer: EAVE graduate Monica Hellström was the winner of the Golden Alexander for Best Documentary at the Thessaloniki Documentary Festival.
Cinélatino Rencontres de Toulouse
- ZAMA by Lucrecia Martel, producer: PUENTES graduate Benjamin Domenech, EAVE graduate Léontine Petit was awarded the Grand Prix Coup de Coeur at the Cinélatino Rencontres de Toulouse.
- COCAINE PRISON by Violeta Ayala, co-producer: EAVE graduate Cedric Bonin won the Prix du Public Documentaire
- CANDELARIA by Jhonny Hendrix, producer: EAVE graduate Dag Hoel was awarded the Prix du Public Fiction
Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival
- COMMANDER ARIAN by EAVE graduate Alba Sotorra will have its world premiere in the international competition at the Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival.
Page published 29 March 2018. Updated 30 March 2018.