4 films by EAVE producers nominated for Golden Globes
Nominations December 2018
EAVE graduate Simone Baumann is the new Head of German Films. She has been chosen to take over as managing director of movie promotion agency German Films, replacing Mariette Rissenbeek, who has been appointed executive director of the Berlin Film Festival. Baumann, who starts her new role in February, has been German Films’ representative in Central and Eastern Europe since 2003; she is also an independent producer. “[Baumann] has not only produced award-winning, courageous and controversial documentaries, but also tirelessly championed international cooperation,” German Films’ supervisory board chairman Peter Herrmann said. “In her work on behalf of German Films in Central and Eastern Europe, she has created and maintained a closely knit and efficient network with all of the relevant representatives of the film industry.”
Prishtina Film FORUM
EAVE graduate Besnik Krapi was appointed Prishtina Film FORUM director. The film producer and actor from Kosovo has been chosen by Prishtina International Film Festival to lead PriFest’s regional film industry platform – Prishtina Film FORUM. EAVE 2017 graduate Besnik Krapi is one of the most up and coming producers in Kosovo. In 2010 he established his own film production company Circle Production producing short films and documentaries and he just finished his first feature film, FIELD OF BLACKBIRDS, (a Kosovo – UK – Albania Coproduction). He is presently developing his second feature film, LOOKING FOR VENERA by Norika Sefa. Besnik has worked on many co-productions in the region and abroad.
Film Fund Filmförderung Hamburg Schleswig-Holstein
EAVE graduate Helge Albers has been appointed director of the regional Film Fund Filmförderung Hamburg Schleswig-Holstein. Helge Albers is currently working as CEO and producer at achtung panda! Media GmbH that focuses on co-operations with China. He is head of Verband Deutscher Filmproduzenten. In 2015 his short film AVE MARIA was nominated for an Oscar. In 2016 his production ABOVE and BELOW won a LOLA for Best Documentary.
Golden Globes 2019
- Five nominations for THE FAVOURITE by Yorgos Lanthimos, producer: EAVE graduate Ed Guiney at the Golden Globes: Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy, Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy for Olivia Colman, Best Actress in a Supporting Role for Emma Stone and Rachel Weisz, and Best Screenplay for Deborah Davis and Tony McNamara.
- ROMA by Alfonso Cuarón, producer: PUENTES graduate Nicolas Celis Lopez has three nominations – Best Director, Best Screenplay, Best Foreign Language Picture.
- GIRL by Lukas Dhont, producers: EAVE graduates Arnold Heslenfeld, Laurette Schillings & Frans van Gestel
- CAPERNAUM by Nadine Labaki, co-produced by EAVE graduate Pierre Sarraf are also in the race for Best Foreign Language Picture.
European Shooting Stars 2019
The European Film Promotion (EFP) announced the European Shooting Stars 2019. Ten best up-and-coming acting talents from Europe will be presented at the Berlinale in February.
- Elliott Crosset Hove (WINTER BROTHERS by Hlynur Palmason, producer: EAVE graduate Per Damgaard Hansen, co-producer: EAVE graduate Anton Mani Svansson)
- Rea Lest-Liik (NOVEMBER by Rainer Sarnet, producer: EAVE graduate Katrin Kissa)
- Kristín Thora Haraldsdóttir (AND BREATHE NORMALLY by Isold Uggadottir, producers: EAVE graduate and group leader Diana Elbaum, EAVE graduate Annika Hellström)
- Blagoj Veselinov (EAVE project SECRET INGREDIENT by Gjorce Stavreski, producer: EAVE graduate Kostantina Stavrianou MIRACLE by Egle Vertelyte, producer: B’EST graduate Lukas Trimonis)
- Milan Maric (DOVLATOV by Alexey German Jr., producers: EAVE graduates Isabella Wojcik, Violetta Kaminska, Miroslav Mogorovich)
Sundance January Screenwriter's Lab
- AFRIKA, written, directed and produced by EAVE participant Maya Vitkova was selected for the Sundance January Screenwriter's Lab.
- THIS IS NOT A BURIAL, IT’S A RESURRECTION by Jeremiah Mosese, producers: EAVE graduate Cait Pansegrouw and EAVE participant Bongiwe Selane is among the three projects that will move on to the production phase of the 7th edition of the Biennale College-Cinema organized by La Biennale di Venezia.
Page published 18 December 2018. Updated 28 February 2019.