Two workshops bringing together producers from Latin America and Europe to work together with leading experts, potential financiers, distributors and sales agents from both continents
W1 in BRIJUNI (HR), July 12 – 16, 2017
W2 in Montevideo (UY), Nov. 23 – 27, 2017
PUENTES: Cannes selection and first workshop in Croatia coming up!
PUENTES Europe/Latin America Co-Production Workshop launches its 8th edition from July 12 – 16, 2017, in Brijuni, Croatia. 14 producers and other professionals (complete list of participants below) have been selected out of a record number of over 80 applications from 21 countries.
PUENTES is a two-part programme taking place in Brijuni, Croatia, in partnership with RE-ACT and Pula Film Festival from July 12 – 16, 2017, and Montevideo, Uruguay, from November 23 – 27, 2017, in partnership with Mutante Cine. Thanks to a special cooperation, all participants will be able to attend VENTANA SUR (Nov 27 – Dec 1), in Buenos Aires.
Thanks to the new partnership with RE-ACT, an initiative set up in 2015 by the Croatian Audiovisual Centre, Friuli Venezia Giulia Audiovisual Fund and Slovenian Film Centre, the PUENTES participants will be joined by local producers for two days for common plenary sessions and professional networking.
Aside from the plenary sessions, daily group work sessions will be the core of PUENTES. Participants will discuss and analyze each other’s projects under the guidance of Jean des Forêts (Petit film, France) and Fernando Epstein, Mutante Cine, Uruguay). The esteemed roster of key experts who will meet and guide participants includes Jacques Akchoti (script consultant, FR), Agustina Chiarino (Mutante Cine, UY), Aranka Matits (Featurette, DE), Katrin Pors (Snowglobe, DK), among others.
CANNES NEWS – films selected for Cannes
PUENTES project LOS PERROS directed by Marcela Said and produced by Sophie Erbs (Cinéma Defacto, FR) will premiere in Semaine de la Critique, Cannes 2017. LOS PERROS is a co-production with Rei Cine (AR, PUENTES graduates Santiago Gallelli & Benjamin Domenech), Jirafa (CL), Terratreme Filmes (PT) and Augenschein Filmproduktion (DE, EAVE Marketing Workshop graduate Jonas Katzenstein), in association with Bord Cadre films (CH, EAVE graduate Dan Wechsler). World sales is handled by Films Boutique.
PUENTES project THE DRAGON DEFENSE (LA DEFENSA DEL DRAGÓN), directed by Natalia Santa and produced by Ivette Liang (Galaxia 311, CO) will premiere in Directors’ Fortnight, Cannes 2017. World sales is handled by M-Appeal.
Furthermore, short film SELVA directed by Sofía Quirós Ubeda and produced by PUENTES 2017 participant Mariana Murillo (Sputnik Films, CR) will premiere in Semaine de la Critique, Cannes 2017.
PUENTES is organised by EAVE in partnership with RE-ACT, Mutante Cine, Pula Film Festival, Ventana Sur, and with the support of Creative Europe – MEDIA sub-programme of the European Union.
For more information please contact:
The selected participants for PUENTES 2017 are:
- Alessandro Amato, Disparte, Italy, Project: Hogar, director: Maura Delpero
- Eva Chillón, Pomme Hurlante Films, Spain/France, Project: The Diplomat’s Daughter, director: Lucía Díaz Álvarez
- Naomi Denamur, Acquisitions Consultant, France
- Pancho Magnou, Montelona Cine, Uruguay, Project: The Sharks, director: Lucia Garibaldi
- Álvaro Manzano, Color Monster, Bolivia, Project: Los Perros, director: Vinko Tomicic
- Mariana Murillo, Sputnik Films, Costa Rica, Project: Zanfona, director: Ariel Escalante
- Inés Nofuentes, CuruxaCinema, Spain, Project: The Middleman, director: Izabel Acevedo
- Susana Santos Rodrigues, Vaivem, Portugal
- Delphine Schmit, Perspective Films, France, Project: Monument Valley, director: Antoine Barraud
- Benjamin Stienon, Popiul, Belgium
- Agathe Valentin, Pyramide International, France
- Catalina Vergara, Globo Rojo Producciones, Chile, Project: Vendrá la muerte y tendrá tus ojos, director: José Luis Torres Leiva
- Jamila Wenske, One Two Films, Germany, Project: Hello My Friend, director: Bettina Blümner
- Paola Wink, Tokyo Filmes, Brazil, Project: South, director: Davi Pretto
Page last updated 30 May 2017