Two workshops bringing together producers from Latin America and Europe to work together with leading experts, potential financiers, distributors and sales agents from both continents
W1 in BRIJUNI (HR), July 12 – 16, 2017
W2 in Montevideo (UY), Nov. 23 – 27, 2017
PUENTES Heads to Montevideo
PUENTES Europe/Latin America Co-Production Workshop heads to Montevideo for the second workshop of the year. 14 selected participants will meet again to discuss and analyze each other’s projects under the guidance of the two group leaders Jean des Forêts (Petit Film, FR) and Fernando Epstein (Mutante Cine, UY). The esteemed roster of key experts who will meet and guide participants includes Jacques Akchoti (Script Consultant, FR), Linda Beath (Ideal Filmworks Italia, IT), Agustina Chiarino (Mutante Cine, UY), Fernanda del Nido (Setembro Cine, ES), Aranka Matits (Featurette, DE) and Emilie Serres (Wild Bunch, FR). Aside from the plenary sessions, daily group work sessions will be the core of PUENTES.
In parallel to PUENTES local producers from Uruguay will attend EAVE ON DEMAND Uruguay sessions and have an opportunity to network professionally with the PUENTES participants during the common plenary and networking events.
Thanks to a special cooperation with Marché du Film – Festival de Cannes, all PUENTES & EAVE ON DEMAND Uruguay participants will be able to attend VENTANA SUR (Nov 27 – Dec 1) in Buenos Aires after the workshop. During VENTANA SUR the European PUENTES projects will take part in Speed Meetings at Ventana Sur on Tuesday, November 28. They will be presented to some 50 – 70 decision makers invited by Ventana Sur to attend this pitching event. On November 29, EAVE/Puentes will co-host the Producers Network’s Cocktail.
PUENTES Festivals and Funding News
We are glad to annunce that at the latest production funding round of the World Cinema Fund the following PUENTES projects have recevied the suport:
- PUENTES 2017 project DEATH WILL COME AND SHALL HAVE YOUR EYES by José Luís Torres Leiva; producer Catalina Vergara (Globo Rojo Producciones, CL);
- PUENTES 2015/2016 project KILLING THE DEAD by Hugo Giménez; producer Gabriela Sabaté (Sabate Films, PY).
Furthermore, PUENTES 2014/2015 film LOS PERROS directed by Marcela Said and produced by
Sophie Erbs (Cinéma Defacto, FR) has received the support of the World Cinema Fund for distribution: Nour Films (FR), Jirafa (CL) and Compañía de Cine (AR).
PUENTES 2017 project HOGAR directed by Maura Delpero and produced by Alessandro Amato (Disparte, IT) has received the support for production of the IDM Südtirol - Alto Adige.
PUENTES 2014/2015 project YELLOW SUNGLASSES directed by Iván Mora and produced by Isabel Carrasco (La República Invisible, EC) received the support of ANCINE for co-production. Isabel’s Brazilian co-producer is PUENTES 2015/2016 participant Tathiani Sacilotto (Persona Non Grata Pictures, BR).
In September 2017, PUENTES 2013 film MESSI AND MAUD (formerly LA HOLANDESA) directed by Marleen Jonkman and produced by Danielle Guirguis (Smarthouse Films, NL) had its world premiere at Toronto’s Discovery. Visit Films is handling world sales.
PUENTES 2013 project AUGUST directed by Armando Capó Ramos and produced by Marcela Esquivel Jiménez (La Feria Producciones, CR) was selected for Films in Progress 32 in San Sebastian 2017, while PUENTES 2015/2016 project BLANQUITA BUENOdirected by Fernando Guzzoni and produced by Giancarlo Nasi (Quijote/Rampante, CL), and PUENTES 2015/2016 project CLARA SOLA directed by Nathalie Àlvarez and produced by Nima Yousefi (Hob, Sweden), were selected for the prestigious IFP Week in New York.
PUENTES is organised by EAVE in partnership with RE-ACT, Mutante Cine, Pula Film Festival, Ventana Sur, and with the support of Creative Europe – MEDIA sub-programme of the European Union, ICAU, Locaciones Montevideanas and EGEDA.
For more information please contact:
The selected participants for PUENTES 2017 are:
- Alessandro Amato, Disparte, Italy, Project: Hogar, director: Maura Delpero
- Eva Chillón, Pomme Hurlante Films, Spain/France
- Naomi Denamur, Acquisitions Consultant, France
- Pancho Magnou, Montelona Cine, Uruguay, Project: The Sharks, director: Lucia Garibaldi
- Álvaro Manzano, Color Monster, Bolivia, Project: Los Perros, director: Vinko Tomicic
- Mariana Murillo, Sputnik Films, Costa Rica, Project: Zanfona, director: Ariel Escalante
- Inés Nofuentes, CuruxaCinema, Spain, Project: The Middleman, director: Izabel Acevedo
- Susana Santos Rodrigues, Vaivem, Portugal
- Delphine Schmit, Perspective Films, France, Project: Monument Valley, director: Antoine Barraud and Didier d'Abreu
- Benjamin Stienon, Popiul, Belgium
- Agathe Valentin, Pyramide International, France
- Catalina Vergara, Globo Rojo Producciones, Chile, Project: Vendrá la muerte y tendrá tus ojos, director: José Luis Torres Leiva
- Jamila Wenske, One Two Films, Germany, Project: Hello My Friend, director: Bettina Blümner
- Paola Wink, Tokyo Filmes, Brazil, Project: South, director: Davi Pretto
Page last updated 6 December 2017