A workshop platform for European audiovisual professionals to start a long term working relationship with producers from Russia and the other post-Soviet countries
W1: June 23-27 in Moscow
W2: November 25-28 in Tallinn
The Baltic Bridge East by West (B’EST) is a new initiative held in 2012 by the organizers of the Baltic Event (Estonia) and International Film Forum for CIS countries in cooperation with EAVE (European Audiovisual Entrepreneurs), Rfilms, Tandem Production (Russia) and with the support from MEDIA Mundus.
B’EST consists of two workshops, which take place on June 23-27 in Moscow within the framework of the Moscow International Film Festival and November 25-28 in Tallinn, within the framework of the Baltic Event.
The workshop brings together 10 producers with feature film projects from the European Union (5 participants) and the CIS countries and Georgia (5 participants) and will offer to the selected participants:
- 5-day workshop-training, which includes plenaries on the script development process, financing in the Eastern and Western Europe, legal aspects of co-production, and marketing strategies, as well as individual meetings with script, pitching and finance/marketing consultants
- Meetings with decision makers and potential co-production partners during Moscow Business Square
- on-line sessions with the producers and tutors concerning the development of the scripts and the projects during the 6-month gap between the workshops
- 2-day follow-up session regarding the development of the projects and the final preparation for pitching at the Baltic Event
- presentation of the projects at the Baltic Event and meetings with potential financiers, co-producers, sales agents, and distributors
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: April 30, 2012.
The selection will be made by a selection committee and will be published by the end of May 2012.
Please send all the requested materials to:
Page last updated 4 February 2013