Nominations and Awards October 2012
Films by EAVE producers as official entries for the Foreign Language Film Academy Awards
- BUNOHAN by Dain Said, producer: EAVE Film Finance Forum 2010, Film Marketing Workshop 2010 and Ties That Bind 2012 graduate Nandita Solomon has been submitted as Malaysia's official entry for the Best Foreign Language Film category for the Academy Awards.
- UNFAIR WORLD by Filippos Tsitos, producer: EAVE 2010 graduate Alexandra Boussiou, is the official Greek proposal for the foreign language Academy Awards.
Nominated for the European Short Film Award are:
- SUPERMAN, SPIDERMAN OR BATMAN, produced and directed by EAVE 2008 graduate Tudor Giurgiu
- MORNING OF SAINT ANTHONY'S DAY by João Pedro Rodrigues, producer: EAVE 2000 graduate João Paulo Rodrigues Fonseca
- OUT OF FRAME by Yorgos Zois, producer: EAVE 2012 participant Maria Dandraki
Nominated for the European Film Academy Documentary Award:
- LE THÉ OU L’ÉLECTRICITÉ by Jérôme Le Maire, producer: EAVE 2007 graduate Isabelle Truc
- EAVE 2006 project LORE by Cate Shortland, producers: EAVE 2006 graduate Karsten Stöter, PUENTES expert Benny Drechsel, EAVE 2006 graduate Paul Welsh won the Critics Award at the Filmfest Hamburg
- MERCY (GNADE) von Matthias Glasner, co-producer: EAVE 2012 participant Kristine Knudsen received the Montblanc Script Award.
- AGLAYA by Kristina Deak, producer: EAVE 2011 graduate Oana Giurgiu was awarded Best Film in the international competition and Critics Award at the Golden Orange Film Festival
- YOUR BEAUTY IS WORTH NOTHING by Hüseyin Tabak, producer: EAVE 1992 graduate and EAVE Board Member Danny Krausz won Best Film in the national competition.
- VANISHING WAVES by Kristina Buozyte, producer: EAVE 2007 graduate Ieva Norviliene picks up the Méliès d'Or at the Sitges International Film Festival.
- VANISHING WAVES scooped the main four prizes of the FANTASTIC FEATURES competition at the Fantastic Fest in Austin: Best Picture, Best Director, Best Screenplay, Best Actress: Jurga Jutaite.
- QUEEN OF MONTREUIL by Sólveig Anspach, producer: EAVE group leader Patrick Sobelman received the Audience Award at the Reykjavik International Film Festival.
- VIVAN LAS ANTIPODAS by Victor Kossakovsky, producer: EAVE 1995 graduate Heino Deckert was given the Environment Award.
- THE GIRL AND DEATH by Jos Stelling, producer: EAVE 1995 graduate Heino Deckert was awarded Best Feature Film at the Netherlands Film Festival in Utrecht.
- Hannah Hoekstra won Best Actress Award for her role in HEMEL by Sacha Polak, producer: EAVE 1994 graduate Stienette Bosklopper.
- Olga Zuiderhhoek was named Best Supporting Actress in Rudolf Van Den Berg’s SÜSKIND, producer: EAVE 2008 graduate Reinier Selen.
- EUROPE'S BORDERLANDS, produced by EAVE 2012 participant Jonas Weydemann received the Filmmore Innovation Prize at the Holland Film Meeting.
- RUST & BONE by Jacques Audiard, line producer: EAVE 2006 graduate Antonin Dedet won the Best Film Award at the 56th BFI London Film Festival.
- EVERYBODY IN OUR FAMILY by Radu Jude, producer: EAVE 2007 graduate & Romanian National Coordinator Ada Solomon, co-producer: EAVE 1994 graduate Stienette Bosklopper, scooped the Golden Bayard for best film and the best actor award at the Festival International Du Film Francophone De Namur.
- EVERYBODY IN OUR FAMILY was awarded the Golden Pram for Best Feature Film at the Zagreb Film Festival.- KINSHASA KIDS by Marc-Henri Wajnberg, producer: EAVE 2007 Serge Guez won the Audience Award at the festival.
- TABU by Miguel Gomes, co-producer: EAVE 2007 graduate Jonas Dornbach wins the Grand Prix at the 39th edition of Ghent’s Film Festival.
- TABU is among the three finalists of the LUX Prize. On October 16, the Members of the European Parliament started voting for their favourite film and selecting the winner
- EVERYDAY REBELLION by EAVE 2010 graduate Arash T. Riahi and Arman Riahi has won The Pixel Pitch competition at this year’s Power To The Pixel event on the sidelines of the BFI London Film. The cross-media project is designed as an interactive platform for the voices of protest across the world. The brothers win the ARTE prize of £6000. Also selected for the competition was Riahi’s MAMA ILLEGAL by Ed Moschitz, producer: EAVE 2009 graduate Arash T. Riahi.
- TANGO LIBRE by Frédéric Fonteyne, producer: EAVE 2006 graduate Tomas Leyers scooped the Grand Prix at the 28th Warsaw International Film Festival.
- OF SNAILS AND MEN by EAVE 2008 graduate Tudor Giurgiu, producer: Oana Giurgiu and EAVE group leader Patrick Sobelman received the Special Jury Award.
- WILDLIFE (KALAYAAN) by Adolfo Borinaga Alix Jr., co-producer Ties That Bind 2010 graduate Kiki Sugino won the Netpac prize of the Warsaw International Film Festival
- PUENTES 2010 project POLVO (DUST) by Julio Hernández Cordón, producer: EAVE 2008 graduate Fernanda del Nido received a Special at the Festival de Cine de Valdivia.
- PUENTES 2010 project TANTA AGUA by Ana Guevara and Leticia Jorge, producer: PUENTES 2010 graduate Agustina Chiarino, co-producer: PUENTES-AUSTRALAB 2012 graduate Tania Zarak won the Norteado Award at the San Sebastian Film Festival.
- PUENTES 2011 project GLORIA (previously I'M SORRY MUM) by Sebastián Lelio, co-producer EAVE PUENTES 2011 graduate Josefina Undurraga, has won the Films In Progress Industry Award at the San Sebastian Film Festival.
- PRACTICING EMBRACE by Metod Pevec, producer: EAVE group leader Danijel Hocevar received the award for Best Director at the Slovenian Film Festival 2012.
- CHARGES COMMUNES by Anne Schiltz and Charlotte Grégoire won the Best Documentary Award at the Astra Film Festival Sibiu.
Page published 26 October 2012. Updated 29 October 2012.