Nominations and Awards July 2012
EVERYBODY IN OUR FAMILY wins Heart of Sarajevo
The European Parliament announced the finalists of this year’s LUX Prize official selection at the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival. Three EAVE graduates are nominated:
- NOS ENFANTS by Joaquim Lafosse, producer: EAVE 1992 graduate and Head of Studies Jani Thiltges.
- EAVE 2010 project CRULIC – THE PATH TO BEYOND, directed and produced by EAVE 2010 graduate Anca Damian
- TABU by Miguel Gomes, co-producer: EAVE 2007 graduate Jonas Dornbach The three winners of the 2012 LUX Prize Competition will be unveiled at the Venice Days in Rome on 24 July. The LUX Prize 2012 will be officially awarded on 21 November 2012 during a sitting of the European Parliament in Strasbourg in presence of the filmmakers.
- LA PIROGUE by Moussa Touré, producer: EAVE 2009 graduate Caroline Daube is the winner of the ARRI AWARD for best foreign film at the International Filmfest Muenchen
- BACK TO STAY by Milagros Mumenthaler, producer: EAVE 2011 graduate Eugenia Mumenthaler received the CineVision Award for best international new film director at the festival.
- TABU by Miguel Gomes, co-producer: EAVE 2007 graduate Jonas Dornbach won two awards at the Paris Cinema Festival. It received the Blogger & Web Prize and was the Heart-winning film of the Jury.
- VANISHING WAVES by Kristina Buozyte, producer: EAVE 2007 graduate Ieva Norviliene received a Special Mention at the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival - BEYOND THE HILL by Emin Alper, producer: EAVE 2011 graduate Enis Köstepen won the NETPAC Award.
- At the Edinburgh International Film Festival Andrea Riseborough and Bríd Brennan won Awards for Best Performance in a British Feature Film for their performances in SHADOW DANCER by James Marsh, co-producer: EAVE 1991 graduate Ed Guiney.
- PRACTICAL GUIDE TO BELGRADE WITH SINGING AND CRYING by Bojan Vuletic, producers: EAVE 2007 graduate and Serbian National Coordinator Miroslav Mogorovic, EAVE 2007 graduate Jean des Forêts and EAVE 2007 graduate Oliver Röpke was awarded the FIPRESCI PRIZE at the Cinema City International Film Festival Novi Sad.
- The Heart of Sarajevo Award for Best Film at the Sarajevo Film Festival went to EVERYBODY IN OUR FAMILY by Radu Jude, producer: EAVE 2007 graduate & Romanian National Coordinator Ada Solomon, co-producer: EAVE 1994 graduate Stienette Bosklopper.
- Marija Pikic won the Heart of Sarajevo Award for Best Actress for her role in CHILDREN OF SARAJEVO by Aida Begic, producer: PUENTES 2011 expert Benny Drechsel.
- The Special Jury Award received BEYOND THE HILL by Emin Alper, producer: EAVE 2011 graduate Enis Köstepen
- HARMONY LESSONS by Baigazin Emir, producer: EAVE 2008 graduate and Russian National Coordiantor Anna Katchko won the Work in Progress Award
- The EAVE Scholarship went to DUST CLOTH by Ahu Öztürk, producer: Nesra Gürbüz
- CHILDREN OF SARAJEVO by Aida Begic, producer: PUENTES 2011 expert Benny Drechsel scooped three awards at the International Film Festival Pesaro. The film won not only the Lino Miccichè Prize, but also the Young Jury Prize and the Amnesty International Prize for Cinema and Human Rights.
- THIS MUST BE THE PLACE by Paolo Sorrentino, co-producer: EAVE 1991 graduate Ed Guiney is the Best Italian Picture of 2012, according to the SNGCI (National Union of Film Journalists) who awarded their Nastri d’Argento end of June. The film also won Best Cinematography (Luca Bigazzi) and Best Set Design (Stefania Cella).
- SUPERMAN, SPIDERMAN OR BATMAN, produced and directed by EAVE 2008 graduate Tudor Giurgiu won the international competition at the KALIBER35 Munich International Short Film Festival.
Page published 23 July 2012.