In Production September 2012
EAVE producers shooting now in Romania, Germany, Bulgaria and Canada
- ROXANNE by Valentin Hotea has started shooting his first feature, produced by EAVE 2007 graduate & Romanian National Coordinator Ada Solomon and co-produced by Abis Studio (Romania) and Cor Leonis Films LTD (Hungary). Production will need one month to wrap, with filming locations in Bucharest and the city of Sinaia. The film's title comes from the hit song by The Police and the story follows Tavi Ionescu, a 38-year old man who discovers disturbing information in his secret service file: his former girlfriend, Roxana, to whom he dedicated the song on the radio before the '89 Revolution, gave birth to a boy and he may be the father. Tavi tries to meet Roxana's new family in order to connect with his son. The screenplay is by Ileana Muntean and Valentin Hotea. Budgeted at EUR 550,000, the film received an approximately EUR 170,000 grant from the National Film Center.
- THE MYSTERIOUS BOY, directed by and written by Hana Jušic, producer: Ankica Juric Tilic started shooting. The detective thriller for children is based on a famous Croatian children’s novel and a sequel to the 2011 critical and box office hit Koko and the Ghosts.
- SUPERNOVA by Dutch Tamar van den Dop, producer: EAVE 2005 graduate Raymond van der Kaaij is shooting. The Revolver Media co-production with COIN Film (Herbert Schwering, Germany), Epidemic (Eurydice Gyssel, Belgium) and IJswater Films (Marc Bary, Netherlands has a budget of EUR 1.5M. Support comes from Dutch Filmfund, Rotterdam Media Fund, Flemish Audiovisual Fund, Nordmedia and Filmfoerderung Hamburg Schleswig Holstein.
- DRIFT by Benny Vandendriessche, co-producer: EAVE 2005 graduate Raymond van der Kaaij, line producer: EAVE 2011 graduate Monica Lazurean-Gorgan. The IntiFilms production is supported by the Flemish Audiovisual Fund and Dutch Filmfund. Shooting is planned for September 2012 and winter 2012/2013 in Romania.
- THE F WORD by Michael Dowse, producer: EAVE 2004 graduate Macdara Kelleher is shooting in Canada. Production Companies: Fastnet Films, No Trace Camping Productions and Sheep Noir Films. Written by Elan Mastai based on the play Toothpaste and Cigars by T.J. Dawe and Michael Rinaldi, the film is about a young man and woman who struggle to navigate their friendship, which has developed a deep romantic undercurrent. Financing: Irish Film Board.
- DOMESTIC by Adrian Sitaru, produced by EAVE 2011 graduate Monica Lazurean-Gorgan is shooting in Romania.
- NUDE AREA, written and directed by Urszula Antoniak,co- producers: EAVE 2011 graduate Izabela Wojcik and EAVE Film Finance Forum expert Frans van Gestel. The film is a hypnotic portrait of female seduction featuring Naomi, a Dutch girl from poshy South-Amsterdam, experiencing a crush on Fama, a beautiful Arabic girl living in the poor quarters of Amsterdam East. During one magical summer in Amsterdam the two girls play an emotional chess game of love, seduction and attraction.
- LAUF JUNGE, LAUF, produced and directed by EAVE 1994 graduate Pepe Danquart, co-producer: EAVE 2009 graduate Hanneke van der Tas is shooting on locations in Saxony-Anhalt, Bavaria, Brandenburg, Hessen and Poland. The Adaptation of Israeli author Uri Orlev’s Holocaust novel of the same name is funded by Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg, Mitteldeutsche Medienförderung (MDM), Eurimages, FilmFernsehFonds Bayern (fff-bayern), German Federal Film Board (FFA), German Federal Film Fund (DFFF), Hessen Invest and Franco-German Co-production Support Committee. Shooting continues in October 2012 and December.
- FREE RANGE by Veiko Õunpuu, producer: EAVE 2007 graduate Katrin Kissa is shooting. The movie tells the story of a young writer who faces an urgent decision about his future when learning of his girlfriend’s pregnancy. Shot almost entirely in Tallinn, the film is budgeted at 570,000 EUR and funded by the Estonian Film Foundation and the Estonian Cultural Endowment.
- AUGUST FOOLS by Taru Mäkelä, producer: EAVE 2012 participant Michal Kollar of Fog’n’Desire Films, Kinosto and Pomor Film ANS is shootin on locations in Helsinki, Prague and Northern Norway. The drama comedy with Kati Outinen in the lead is set against the political backdrop of the Cold War. Funded by Eurimages, Finnish Film Foundation, Nordic Film & Television Fund, Norwegian Film Institute and Ministry of Culture Czech Republic, the film has a bugdet of EUR 2M
Page published 25 September 2012. Updated 26 September 2012.