In Production June 2012
Projects by EAVE producers now in production
- THE JAPANESE DOG by Tudor Cristian Jurgiu, producer: EAVE 2008 graduate Tudor Giurgiu started shooting. EAVE 2011 graduate Oana Giurgiu is co-producing with Hai-Hui Entertainment. Written by Ioan Antoci, the project won the Krzysztof Kieslowski Prize at ScripTeast workshop in 2009. The film is about an old man and his son who has been living in Japan. They see each other again for the first time in 20 years. The brief re-encounter brings hope that the present, which the old man receives before parting, will change both their lives for the better. The project with a budget of 575,000 Euros has a MEDIA Development Support grant and is also supported by HBO Romania. Shooting is due to started June and is due to last for four months. The international premiere is set for the Berlinale 2013.
- CONTRORA (MIDDAY DEMONS) by Rossella De Venuto, co-producer: EAVE 2012 participant Jacqueline Kerrin started shooting in Apulia and Alto Adige in Italy and Dublin, Ireland. The English Language supernatural thriller tells the story of a couple who, after years abroad, returns to the family palace that hides a terrible secret. The Italian/Irish co-production is supported by Apulia Film Commission, BLS Südtirol - Alto Adige and Irish Film Board.
- VIALE ARETUSA by Michelangelo Frammartino, co-producer: EAVE 1991 graduate Andres Pfaeffli is in production. The animation film is a co-production of Vivo Film, Rai Cinema, Ventura Film and Essential Film Produktion. Set in Milan at the end of the 70's, the autobiographical film portrays a child spending his days in front of TV, left alone by working parents.
- THE BLACK BROTHERS by Xavier Koller, co-producer: INTERCHANGE 2011 graduate Samir is in production. The adventure and family film is shot on locations in Ticino, North Rhine-Westphalia, Hessen, Südtirol, and Italy. Based on the children's book by Lisa Tetzner and Kurt Held and set in the mid-19th century, the film tells the story of a young boy who is sold to Milan as a chimney sweeper where he establishes the secret society The Black Brothers with his friends. Production companies: Dschoint Ventschr, Enigma Film, Herold Productions, Odeon Film and Starhaus Filmproduktion. Financing: Bundesamt für Kultur (BAK), Züricher Filmstiftung, ARD Degeto, BKM (Beauftragter für Kultur and Medien), BR (Bayrischer Rundfunk), FilmFernsehFonds Bayern (fff-bayern), Film- und Medienstiftung NRW (Nordrhein-Westfalen), German Federal Film Board (FFA), Hessen Invest, NDR, WDR, Business Location Südtirol – Alto Adige (BLS) and Arte Germany.
- BANDANA by Neïl Beloufa, producers: Marie Dubas and EAVE 2007 graduate and EAVE Puentes Head of Studies Jean des Forêts, has entered production stage in Los Angeles. Directed by visual-artist Neïl Beloufa the film uses a simple fictional process to explore the American myth through one of its best-known pattern: the red bandana.
Page published 25 June 2012.